Forums > General Industry > Fashio, Editorial, Commercial

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I admit i am about to ask a very basic question here. I will still risk looking like a goof  for asking a fundamental question smile. I have an idea what each catagory (in the heading) means but sometimes i have seen ppl post post shots under labels which i thought was not commercial but life style or fashion and not editorial or print etc.

Can you please tell me what differentiate one catagory from another in a more distinct manner.

Catagories:

Editorial
Fashion
Print
Commercial
Life style

Thanyou

May 06 05 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Go to this site. Probably more than you want to know there. Both short and long explanations.

http://ky-models.com/html/definitions.html

Gary
www.glamourstudio.com

May 06 05 12:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

The Beauty Artist

Troy, Michigan, US

Editorial- photos that convey a story
Fashion- photos where clothes are the focus of the pics
Print- this term is trickier to describe because i think it depends on what your describing EX: A "print" makeup artist is an artist that works primarily in photo work not film or runway. If you were describing a model it would be to say she is a "print" model who does photo work not runway, and so on and so on. If your describing an ad it would be to describe a commercial ad you would see in a magazine versus on tv
Commercial- Photos shot to sell something EX: Revlon Ad, Crest toothpaste ect.
Lifestyle- photos of everyday type things..a couple walking a dog, kids playing basketball ect...

Hope that helps..

May 06 05 12:57 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Printmakeup: 

What about editorial fashion? Those pictures are about selling an image.

May 06 05 01:01 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Printmakeup: 

What about editorial fashion? Those pictures are about selling an image.

Editorial fashion photography (the layouts you see in the back of ELLE, BAZAAR, VOGUE) is about selling the mood, atmosphere, environment of the current fashion season. They
take clothes from different designers and try to fashion them into a cohesive message about today's big idea.

May 06 05 01:16 am Link

Model

Soni

Atlanta, Georgia, US

thank you for the resposes. it does clarify it smile

May 10 05 12:39 am Link