Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Soybeans & Bamboo hit the big time!

Model

Victoria E

West Hartford, Connecticut, US

The eco world loves just how versatile bamboo is: it grows over 3 times faster than cotton, and can be used for just about anything! Soybeans, other than being healthy for you to eat, are also starting to take shape as a great eco-alternative to chemically-ladened goods that are found all over the world.

I have to say that I was pleasently dumbfounded when I found out that one of the very popular fashion-forward brands, Max Studio, has over 10 different items in its Fall 2005 collection that are made in-part from soybeans, bamboo, or both!

READ THE REST & COMMENT HERE @ http://victoria-e.com/wordpress/

Sep 09 05 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

jeff s

Springfield, Massachusetts, US

And bamboo flooring is just about the best there is.

It is hard, looks great and can be sanded and refinished.

Sep 09 05 04:10 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

You're doing your body better eating soy than wearing it, but if it takes a cashmere soy hoodie to get there, "SOy BEan IT" tongue

Sep 09 05 04:44 pm Link

Model

Victoria E

West Hartford, Connecticut, US

Very good point Jeff; I'm a big fan of bamboo flooring!  I'm also a fan of the few new home brands that are out that makes bowls & lots of other things from bamboo.  I also know of a few clothing companies that make all their clothes from bamboo.

True, soy is going to help your body more by eating so - it is a wonderful source of natural protein.  Still, being able to draw attention to how great it is as a food & cloth is a great start!

Sep 10 05 01:41 am Link