Forums > General Industry > NYC Fashion group a scam or rip off?????

Photographer

CD Knight

New York, New York, US

Hey guys,

Anyone on here at MM been scammed or ripped off by a company calling themselves the " NYC Fashion Group " follow this link and let me know if they sound familiar:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff130266.htm

Thanks,

Israel

May 06 05 10:58 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I've gotten multiple emails from them. I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to call them a scam, but they're definitely a bit shady the way they try to sell everyone the same usless photo package.

May 06 05 11:00 am Link

Model

Ashley-Tatum

Washington, Arkansas, US

I've heard good and bad... a good friend has some awesome shots that she paid big $ for... but they are useless with agencies... she is 14 and they make her look 20... lots of omp showcases for her, but very little practical use.

May 06 05 11:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

NY agencies have used 16 year olds for high fashion shoots...  They looked older than their age...

May 06 05 11:48 am Link

Photographer

CD Knight

New York, New York, US

Thanks Ashley and Theda.......

May 06 05 05:13 pm Link

Model

Victoria E

West Hartford, Connecticut, US

I know just who they are - I have talked to them a # of times.  I also know models that have shot with them; the models I know that haved worked with them seem to like their work & have gotten good attention from working with them.

Still, I know a large # of professional photographers that you can shot with & get great images from & still pay far less than what they charge

May 06 05 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

CD Knight

New York, New York, US

Yeah like me {lol}...thanks for the input Victoria!

May 07 05 01:01 am Link