Forums > Photography Talk > Save as type?

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Periodically I save images that I like so I can remember a pose, an outfit, etc.  Running WinXP.  When I hold my mouse over the image and click on the save as icon, I only have a choice as saving it as a bitmap (.bmp file).  Is there a way to add a file type of jpg to that drop down menu?

Paul

Sep 12 05 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Chester Victor

Yonkers, New York, US

Nope ..Best thing to do is use Fire Fox its an IE issue

Chet

Sep 12 05 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Ya, it's some sort of IE bug.  It only happened to me on occasion and reloading the page usually fixed the problem and let me save as jpeg.

Sep 12 05 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Reloading doesn't help me.  I do have a work-around.  I click on the email button and then drag the attachment file to a folder I have set up for these files.  Then I just abandon the email.  Kind of a kludge, huh?

And thanks, Chet.

Paul

Sep 13 05 12:01 am Link

Photographer

Joe Albright

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Chester Victor wrote:
Nope ..Best thing to do is use Fire Fox its an IE issue

Chet

Or, buy a Mac. smile (Oh, come on. You knew someone was going to say it.)

Sep 13 05 12:03 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Do  you really use a Mac? wink

Paul

Sep 13 05 02:31 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Its a cookie that somehow got stored in your cache.. I used to have that problem when I was using IE. Every now and then it would pop up. Empty your cache, including your cookies and it should resolve the problem.

Just a little warning though. If you use any sites to track stocks or anything which "remembers" you, you will lose those settings.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and switch to Firefox while you're at it.. someone recommended that to me last Spring, and it sure has resolved a lot of headaches.

Sep 13 05 02:36 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

It's not a cookie. It's a full temp file directory, clearing just the files will do the trick. Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files.

Sep 13 05 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I'll be damned.  Worked like a champ.  Thanks, Mike.

Paul

Sep 13 05 07:59 am Link