Forums > General Industry > Hidden Cameras in the dressing room - Immoral?

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Or Good clean fun?

Fourth in the inane serious of threads dealing with us inane and insane people on MM....

Me, Good clean fun.
Of course there is no dressing room in my place, only an undressing room :-P

May 06 05 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Norris Carden

Tullahoma, Tennessee, US

Umm.. try in most states likely ILLEGAL! .. that is if it's hidden or otherwise taking pictures without a persons' knowledge when they have an impression of some privacy.

Now if you just say "leave the door open so I can get some casual shots" .. that's different.

May 06 05 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

actually you'd be surprised how many states do not have laws against it yet.

that is, unless it has audio.

Here in NJ they had a case where they literally had to let a guy go that filmed his 14 year old girl's soccer team changing at the pool party. Mainly because there was no law against it yet.

But then again, As one great criminal once said, "It is only a crime IF you get caught!"

However, in the interest of public safety, we will expand it to adding peep holes and open doors in those states that filming is illegal :-)

May 06 05 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Give me a break... like you should even ask the question... how silly..

Let's just say that there is a reason why I close the door to the public when I take a poop.. There is a reason why I stand close to the urinal when I take a pee pee..  there is a reason why I close the door when I change cloths in a dressing room....it's because I want privacy! And yes, I'd say it is not only immoral to sneak a camera into your moments that you'd want to keep private, it is wrong!...regardless of some states allow such things to happen in their states because they are not taking preemptive measures with all this new technology..  In Wisconsin, there is a bill that I witnessed and photographbed for the newspaper..being signed into law by then Gov. McCallum called the "Video Voyeurism Bill"...that took place in a New Berlin woman's home because she was the victim of a cold hearted individual who video taped her while she was in her own bathroom....and because at the time Wisconsin didn't treat this guy any worse than a "peeping tom", he got off with a misdemeanor..and a small fine... Well, not any more... Now with this bill signed into law, getting caught will send you to the big house for at least one year..and fined....I forget exactly how much ... I believe it is more that 10K.. per count!

Is it really worth it? 

In addition,... for a photographer to do this...well,... it will surely end his career..especially now with the internet.. Is it really worth the momentary pleasure to lose your freedom, your business and your reputation over??  Not for me!

JP

May 06 05 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Ty Simone: 
Or Good clean fun?

Well, only an exhibitionist who enjoys being a freak and knew about being filmed would find it good clean fun. However, if the exhibitionist was money minded and found out s/he was being filmed without pay, then exhibitionist might not find it as fun, or no fun at all. On the other hand...umm, where was I? ...never mind.

May 06 05 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Aperture Photographics

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Where's that camera.....I'm ready to get naked!  LOL

May 06 05 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Yeah, then I go in to use the dressing room, and all of a sudden they remove the cameras and apologise to random people on the street for seeing me nekkid.

May 06 05 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

dax

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Oh boy!

May 06 05 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

et foto

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Posted by Dax: 
Oh boy!

lmfao.

this topic is just silly.

May 06 05 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

Epiq photos

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

A DUH! The answer is dont do it!

May 06 05 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

MikeyBoy

Milltown, Wisconsin, US

Howdy Folks !

ok ok.. im puzzled here.. why would a photog put a video cam in a dressing room when he will be shooting the same model nude or partially nude right in front of him in the camera room >?  Help me understand...lol..

Happy Holidays

Mikey

May 06 05 11:14 pm Link

Model

Burden

Madison, Wisconsin, US

A boy got arrested for putting a hidden camera in the high school girls locker room at my high school.  He's serving like 2 years.

This is Sindel Chaos by the way, it's not letting me log out of my bf's account.

May 06 05 11:40 pm Link