Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Place to stay in Miami Beach.

Model

Sheri B

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

I am going to Miami Beach next week 9/19.  Does anyone have any recommendations of a good cheap place to stay?  Maybe a place that someone rents out when they are traveling.

Sep 14 05 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

im assuming  you are going to South Beach? now how cheap is cheap? and how many of you are going?

there are holiday inn expresses, and hojos and such, off the beach, not sure how much, try the city of miami beach film and print division, they have hotels that are reduced for people working on movie or still projects, when i shoot there i get a film permit, and i get discounts for the models at some local hotels

the Tudor, is around $89/night, the Marseillis is also around that much, the Essex is around $129/night

the national hotel, with the famed infinity pool, is around $149/night

there are even cheaper hotels off collins av, and off ocean drive.

there are also condos for rent for $200/night, they are in one of those rental programs, they're 2 BRS.

now the shore club, delano, ritz carlton, etc are all expensive, $250/night and up

hope that was helpful

Sep 14 05 07:52 pm Link

Model

Kristina19

Tampa, Florida, US

There are TONS of hotels on and off Ocean Drive, but they can get pretty pricey.  Check hotels.com or Orbitz.com.  I don't think there is such a thing as a "cheap" place to stay down there, lol, unless you'd settle for a Days Inn or a Motel 6 off I-95.

Sep 14 05 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

There are many cheaper hotels in South Beach, but I really enjoyed staying at the Clinton Hotel.

http://www.clintonhotelsouthbeach.com/

It has a fresh modern design and clever features.  I've never had the chance to do any of the really high-end hotels there, but this one gave me the feeling as if I was in one.

good luck

Sep 15 05 07:25 am Link