Forums > Photography Talk > Looking for some clothing for a photo shoot

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Hey all. I am looking for some new clothing and was wondering if I could get any help from the MM’ers .

If anyone has clothes on their racks they could loan out or donate to me and what I am doing I would really be in your debt. Being in NH I am very limited and money is very tight right now since I had to buy gear and supporting Eq.

What I was hoping that there was a photographer out there or wardrobe stylist that cold help me out. If any wardrobe stylist helped me out I would be more then happy to give them copies of the photos to be used in portfolios, web, or advertising. If there is a photographer that can help, I will cover the cost of shipping, have the clothing professional cleaned, and shipped back after I am done.

I know I am pulling at straws here, but you never know what help you can get till you ask.

I was thinking it would be nice to donate the clothing to the Victims of Katrina after, but that would be up to you.

Thanks all
Steven
[email protected]

Sep 16 05 09:53 am Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Alreay got an email about style..

Any style,, something diff, ugly, I do not even care I will make it work as I always do. Thanks again.

Sep 16 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Kind of off topic but did you know you reversed your city and state in your profile?

Paul

Sep 16 05 10:58 am Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Thanks Paul..

MM has went through so many changes its hard to keep up.. smile

Dear  friends

I have been having problems finding fashions to shoot here in NH. I have a box of clothes I was going to send out to the victims of Katrina and looking at it got an idea.

I am going to be taking clothing donations in from anyone willing to donate from myspace or other. What I am going to do is shoot some of the clothing and when I am done with it I will send it off to the victims of Katrina.

Any sizes, any styles, long, as it is clean and in good shape. These people are going to need to go on job interviews and have the right to look as pretty as any of you.

For those who live in New England

I am going to pick a day once I know who is going to take part in this, rent a van, and go around house to house picking up clothing.

For those of you in other states, if you do not mind paying the shipping I will get you an address you can send the clothes out to. I am trying to get UPS or FedEx to donate shipping, but have not heard back as of now.

Getting the clothing to the victims.

I hope to get the clothes down there myself and can ensure anyone donating the clothing will get there, one way or another.

I am going to call this the (Art has a heart project)

Anyone willing to help is more then welcome to do so.

You can write me here or at [email protected]

Thank you all
Steven LaMarco

PS
If you are in NE I will pick up any goods you might wish to donate. Food, clothing, etc.

Sep 16 05 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Somehow I don't think the victims of Katrina are worried about style.  It sounds like you just need some clothes for your models.  And you want folks to ship it to you and pick up the freight?  If you want to be really helpful to the folks down south give some money to the Red Cross.

Paul

Sep 16 05 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Paul Ferrara wrote:
Somehow I don't think the victims of Katrina are worried about style.  It sounds like you just need some clothes for your models.  And you want folks to ship it to you and pick up the freight?  If you want to be really helpful to the folks down south give some money to the Red Cross.

Paul

Hey paul,,

One of the ideas I had was to shoot some of the clothing,, then put the clothes and the pic I did as a print on ebay and send the money down form that. I want to help, but I am not rich and this is all I can think of doing.

I also want to start up a non profit as well.. (Art has a heart) and get involved in helping even more. I did get the idea out of a need, but so what? I was looking at a box of clothing I shot already I was going to donate and it came to me.

As far as shipping,, I wanted anyone that was not in NE to hold off till I got word back from one of the shipping Comp I asked to help.

I do not think this is so bad..

But thanks for the positive input

Sep 16 05 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

I hope everyone see's this is not a scam and that the thoughts came to me as I posted them. I thought it better for everyone to see rather then seem like i was trying to hide this first post.

If its a bad idea I can live with that. I in no way am trying to use what has happened for profit or scam though. Its kind of rude to even imply it.

Sep 16 05 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

LaMarco wrote:
I hope everyone see's this is not a scam and that the thoughts came to me as I posted them. I thought it better for everyone to see rather then seem like i was trying to hide this first post.

If its a bad idea I can live with that. I in no way am trying to use what has happened for profit or scam though. Its kind of rude to even imply it.

well if it's a scam, it's a dumb one. if it's for real....... yea it's still kinda dumb. if your intentions are noble i say go thrift store hoppin or ebay, shoot the models in the clothes, and after..... drop them off at the red cross while you sign up for disaster relief.

Sep 16 05 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Guess I need to get out more..

It still inspired me to start creating a none profit,, so dumb or not something good came out of it.

Sep 17 05 11:35 pm Link