Forums > General Industry > Some things I like about MM

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

I like the manner in which some aspects of the site de-emphasize what I call "ego driven" features... i.e no hit counts, no images which are "showcased" by someone whom we don't know who they are nor their qualifications to make such a selection, and no "featured model/photographer" whose selection criteria is unknown to us and finally, even though I didn't vote in favor of the shout box, I appreciate being given the opportunity to express my opinion and I am happy to accept the majority's wishes.
Any other thoughs on this?

May 09 05 11:49 am Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

I like that you don't have to be a paid member to enjoy all of the features... everyone has the same number of pictures posted, everyone can post in every forum if they so wish, etc. I love the casual feel; OMP always feels very businesslike (which is fine in its own right) but I love that here I could add a photographer to my friends list because I admire his or her work, send an email simply to chat.

May 09 05 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

JBphotography

Irvington, Kentucky, US

Posted by Jeri: 
I like that you don't have to be a paid member to enjoy all of the features... everyone has the same number of pictures posted, everyone can post in every forum if they so wish, etc. I love the casual feel; OMP always feels very businesslike (which is fine in its own right) but I love that here I could add a photographer to my friends list because I admire his or her work, send an email simply to chat. 

What see said^^^

May 09 05 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

I like how this has replaced my Ham radio! (:--

May 09 05 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

BluesteelPhoto

Harrisburg, Arkansas, US

I just like how intuitive the interface is. After checking out a few other sites (names witheld), I just find MM to be very smooth, logical, and professional looking.

As a web programmer (not an HTML guy but code writing guy), I find this site to be a soothing relief and I am glad I signed up.

May 09 05 07:09 pm Link