Forums > Newbie Forum > Displaying age?

Model

Doe Deere

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello MM'ers! I'm new and have a question. I am not comfortable with displaying my age on my profile. How do I change it? Thanks very much everybody.

xo
Xenia

Sep 22 05 09:17 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Your port says you're 106?

I'd just be honest and change it back to 105...jk wink

Sep 22 05 09:20 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

There is no way to turn it off, unfortunately.

Sep 23 05 11:35 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Xenia wrote:
Hello MM'ers! I'm new and have a question. I am not comfortable with displaying my age on my profile. How do I change it? Thanks very much everybody.

xo
Xenia

How old are you really?
dont be to ashamed of your age, cause when you go for a casting call or what not and they ask you, your age and your hesitant, there going to catch on that your age is your insecurity.....

Ciao
Angela
xoxoxoxoxoxoo

Sep 24 05 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just my $.02 worth...One of things that I really pay attention to when looking for models to work with is the correct age. There have been a few times in the past where after contacting a model about a shoot, her real age came out and that caused me to not want to shoot with her...

Be honest...

Sep 25 05 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

By showing your age as 106 not many Model Searches on MM will find you because there isn't much demand for ladies that age.

Sep 29 05 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

There have been discussions about whether it's cool to lie about your age.  Unfortunately, the search feature is broken; otherwise, I'd link to it.  In my opinion, it's okay to put your age range (as long as you are really over 18--legal reasons).  I don't care how old people are.  I care about how old people look.

Sep 29 05 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

MB Photo 13

New York, New York, US

Xenia wrote:

xo
Xenia

Xenia
you are one awesome model and you should be comfortable with your age,  its just a number  so dont worry about it

Cheers

Sep 29 05 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Age is important, just ask Michael Jackson.

OK seriously, I have worked with models ranging from 14 years old to 39 and the age doesn't matter - the looks do - so you don't  have to lie about your age. Besides, I wouldn't want to work with 106 year old models anyway, They won't be able to do the poses I usually torture models with. That would't be fun for me and I can hear the snapping bones of osteoporosis - gross!

Jeff

Sep 29 05 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Lie.

But more importantly, what about photographers?  I said I'm 54, but I know that's gonna put off chics looking for hot photographers, so maybe I should lie and say I'm 27, huh?

-Don

Sep 29 05 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Sweet Light Studios

South San Francisco, California, US

Because I don't want my images to end up on the "Dr. Phil" Show along with a model who is under age and her mom, (This actually happened to a friend.)
I have become much more careful about checking age and getting signed model releases.

Robin

Sep 30 05 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

This won't hurt a bit.

Sep 30 05 08:14 pm Link

Model

Lillith Leda

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

D. Brian Nelson wrote:
Lie.

But more importantly, what about photographers?  I said I'm 54, but I know that's gonna put off chics looking for hot photographers, so maybe I should lie and say I'm 27, huh?

-Don

Haha brilliant!! I'd buy that, because you know how important a photographer's age is!

Sep 30 05 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Xenia,

For you, I would make an exception and love to work with you! You are the best looking 106 year old I've ever seen. I just have one stipulation, you must take calcium pills to prevent that bone-snapping.

Jeff

Oct 01 05 06:42 am Link

Model

Lautaro

Puente Alto, Cortés, Honduras

Age is just a number.

Oct 01 05 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Lautaro wrote:
Age is just a number.