Forums > General Industry > Models who are not responsible

Photographer

newvideoproduct

Forest Park, Georgia, US

I'll do a test shoot with a model, submit it for approval, get a yes we want a full shoot, and the model won't call back again. This has happened with 3 wanna be models who are claim to be very responsible. What is the reason for this?

May 10 05 12:50 pm Link

Model

Madame Cosmos

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I would attribute it to fear, models just starting out, booking the shoot is a rush, & then following thru isnt as important.
Thats just something Ive noticed.

May 10 05 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Why don't you test with models from agencies then you won't have that problem. Before going, you might want to watch the shadows on the background before going to them.

May 10 05 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

newvideoproduct

Forest Park, Georgia, US

I do program productions and for any quality talent available, I do use agencies, and the average pay can range between 600 to 1,500 for a day's shoot. As one person at the studio say's, you get what you pay for. I like the other comment that wanna be models get a rush for the first shoot, and after that, they are most likely afraid of becoming known in the business.

For the background shadows, those are what my test shots look like. I don't have time to even care about shadows because on the finals, they are shot on location.

May 10 05 02:35 pm Link