Forums > Newbie Forum > Kinda Newbie..... someone help! ((pweeese))

Model

Cristina Marie

New York, New York, US

I am really interested in doing promotions in NYC or Philadelphia, I have no idea how to get started in that, does someone have to approach me, and be like "Wanna wear a budlight tank top and minlge in a bar or club for a few hours?"  Or do I have to ask around for something like that.   I know its not like a real modeling job, but I am always out at the clubs in these cities anyway, and I figured... why not?!

Sep 29 05 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Since you are always in the clubs, I would suggest get wearing T-shirts which advertise your availability to showing anyone else's business, list a number, or email addy for someone to reach out to you. In the meantime, come on, let's do a tfp shoot. I am in Bloomfield, NJ.

Sep 29 05 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Storm Williams

South Beach, Florida, US

Christina, Tony gave you a freakin GREAT idea. I love it, way to go Tony.

Other then that, drop me your official email and maybe I can get a promoter to contact you about the club scene.

Sep 29 05 08:17 am Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cristina, Tony's idea is kool. Wear promo gear to the clubs...mid-rift t-shirts and stuff like that. I know it sounds "sexist" but if you want to get "noticed" you may need to.

Second, show your pics around to the companys that do that kind of entertainment promos. Get some kool shots like that done wearing their gear and then put them out there.

I know a photographer in Toronto who would love to help you create those kinds of images. lol

Okay, I had to try. Can you blame me?

Best,

ward

Sep 29 05 09:53 am Link

Photographer

The Photo Chick

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

Most agencies have promo divisions where they hire models specifically to do promotional work. I suggest working through an agency because it's hard to tell which promotional companies are legit and pay on time. Agent's tend to do more research and make sure that you get paid, cause that's the only way for them to make money too.

Sep 29 05 09:56 am Link

Model

Cristina Marie

New York, New York, US

Thanks for the help guys....... if anyone knows of any of these agencies that hires models for promotional work, please contact me!

Sep 29 05 12:44 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Hey hon! Get out your phone book and let your fingers do the walking. You live in NY, so there are a ton of agencies that you could talk to. Look up a few, call them and see if they are taking submissions, how you need to submit, then make your submission packets and do your thing. Or look for ageny open calls.

Sep 29 05 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Most club managers/owners will point you in the right directin.

Also try the booze distributors directly.

The managers will give out that info.

Usually about 2-3 per large city.

Good Luck

Sep 29 05 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I know a few models in the PA area that do that. If you'd like me to give them your contact info, message me on here (don't reply to this - there's no thread tracking, so I might not see your reply). No promises, but I'll pass it along.

Sep 29 05 10:17 pm Link

Model

xrety

Abbeville, Alabama, US

I'm going to message you with how I got started doing my Promo work.

smile

Sep 29 05 10:49 pm Link