Apr 11 05 11:16 pm Link

Model

Mindy

Chandler, Arizona, US

Apr 11 05 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Outsider Graphics

Cleveland, Alabama, US

Just to show contacts, investors, and the images will also be of use for me creating graphics for him.

I mean is it safe to charge $75-$150?

Apr 12 05 05:57 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Are you just shooting the clothing or will models be wearing them?

Are you shooting digital or film?

Apr 12 05 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Outsider Graphics

Cleveland, Alabama, US

Digital, and the clothes just by themselves.

Apr 12 05 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Sandy Ramirez

Brooklyn, New York, US

150 shots - digital - just the clothes themselves (on a mannequin I assume). Probably 300 is a good number.

Apr 12 05 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

You beat me to it Sandy, $300 is right there.

Apr 12 05 04:08 pm Link

Model

Cyndiemyst

Newark, New Jersey, US

Well...if you are paying models and having to rent space all should be included in your hourly...don't kill the guy but dont cut your nose to spite your face either...GOOD LUCK!!!
smile

Apr 12 05 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Well he's not shooting any models just the outfits and if the outfits are hung on racks as they should be he'll be able do it in a space the size of a livingroom. I've done very similar shoots but models were in the outfits. The key to this shoot is getting the texture of the material to show up in the pics. Different colors will vary, especially whites and blacks.

Apr 12 05 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Outsider Graphics

Cleveland, Alabama, US

Thanks everyone!

You guys all rock.

Apr 12 05 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Outsider: 
I am JUST getting started in photography and I got my first pay job on my plate, but am unsure as of what to charge that is fair to both sides.

This guy wants me to take about 150 pictures of his clothing line so he can use them to show people (investors and such)and I want to know what range should I charge?

Thanks to anyone who helps me, questions are welcome.

Say $300!

Apr 12 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Brian

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

How long is it going to take you to shoot it?  If it's going to take you a full day of setting up, driving to and from, plus 5-8 hours of shooting.  I would charge more in the range of $1000-1500

Apr 12 05 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Brian: 
How long is it going to take you to shoot it?  If it's going to take you a full day of setting up, driving to and from, plus 5-8 hours of shooting.  I would charge more in the range of $1000-1500

I know what you're saying Brian, but for his first paying job, he wants to make money, but also be fair and (more importantly in the long run) have a good reference.

If he has to drive to and from, could also ask for a travel fee.

Apr 12 05 11:54 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Fortenberry

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Posted by Outsider: 
I
This guy wants me to take about 150 pictures of his clothing line so he can use them to show people (investors and such)and I want to know what range should I charge?

I am new here but thought I would add my .02 cents.
If you are shooting 150 garmets "off Model" and charging $300.00. Let's say it takes you 5 minutes to iron, hang, light, compose, expose, talk about the garmet and remove it from the set. That's 12.5 hours. What if you can do it in 8 hours? Thats $37.50 an hour. What are your expenses?. Remember to bracket your exposures to compensate for changes in the clothes. Some might be shiny while others will be dark. How long will it take you to edit several hundred digital files? Do the finished prints/ files need to match?
Will "this guy" make money from your shots? If he does then you should too. His investors want to see a quality product from both the photog and the clothes. If you go into it for $300 you will be setting your price for the future WAY low and probably not "make" any money at all. Think about it............. that's $2. a shot. He can put the clothes on a copier at Kinkos for that price.
I am with Brian on this.............$1500 would be a minimum

Just my .02
Mark

Apr 13 05 08:48 am Link