Forums > Photography Talk > What is the worst studio lighting equipment..

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Gil Perron wrote:
I think that the list of bad studio lighting tools could be a looong one...  I kinda' think that stuff like AB is not that good either... I like having consitent output and color...but that's just me.

have you used AB? I'm asking because many skeptics never used them. They solely judge them based on appearance. AB has a very positive rep. for being reliable lights.

May 31 07 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

any brand that I use would be the worst because I suck at it... i can make Profoto look like bare bulbs... ;o)

May 31 07 07:14 am Link

Photographer

SeriouslyFunny

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Steve Roark wrote:
https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061221/17/458b08df77c5e.jpg

I thought that, once.

Awesome shot! You know, I've gotten some good shots out of what I thought would be crappy lights that I just had around. With some creativity and elementary photoshop skills, you can make just about anything work.

I applaud you for such an excellent shot with what you had to work with.

May 31 07 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Refracted Thoughts

Vaihingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Thanks. I should admit that there's a mega big (and mega expensive) Sunbounce between the model and the 8 worklights. I was totally dubious of the the whole idea until I saw the model at that moment. Now its my most popular portfolio shot. Sometimes good things happen in spite of myself...

May 31 07 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

the worst?   hmmmmm

Maybe not dangerous but I definitely have a beef with Normans.  They use such tiny connector pins for their accessories.  My fumbly fingers always struggle with them.  They must be made for elves.

- WCL

May 31 07 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Snohomish, Washington, US

mine

May 31 07 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Hope Parr

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I concur, I  use AB's, I have seen allot of people who use AB do some really good stuff. I know one photographer who says he can work with any light, "light is light, you just have to know what you have and how to use it"

Legacys 7 wrote:
have you used AB? I'm asking because many skeptics never used them. They solely judge them based on appearance. AB has a very positive rep. for being reliable lights.

May 31 07 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ewing

Riverside, California, US

rp_photo wrote:

Lowe's, Home Depot?

Hey...I have a GREAT ringlight made from Home Depot supplies.

May 31 07 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ewing

Riverside, California, US

Finelight wrote:
...i guess i haven't had many bad lighting experiences....thankfully.

=^)

Are you sure....have you seen your Avitar?

KIDDING...KIDDING....KIDDING.....

I just had to....it was open, just kinda waiting...er....um....ya know?

May 31 07 07:57 pm Link