Forums > General Industry > shooting people

Photographer

David Christopher Lee

Los Angeles, California, US

shooting people is freakin hard which I am finding.  With all of the different features on a persons face, this brings room for creepy shadows to come in.  I've always wondered how photogs get this eerie imaginary quality to their pictures:

http://www.ambergrayphotography.com

This girl is my favorite photographer.  Her images are dreamy and flawless...not to mention she's working with the hottest models in the industry.  does anybody know how she gets her lighting so perfect?

Apr 12 05 03:56 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

David,

One word, "lighting". It's the major factor in getting quality images.

You can take the hottest model, put her in a beautiful setting in a perfect pose with perfect makeup but if the lighting is not properly done then you have a garbage can pic.

Learn everything you can about lighting first and practice, practice, practice. When you learn all the proper laws of lighting your subject and can see it in your pics, do you know what you do next? Yes! You start breaking all the laws every which way you can. This will set you apart from having cookie cutter pics (looking the same as everyone elses).

You said people pics are difficult, not really. Just keep shooting them and you will see how fast you will improve. I know you can do it easier than most, as you already know I've seen what your capable of doing now.

Gary
www.glamourstudio.com

Apr 12 05 04:44 am Link