Forums > General Industry > Keep or trash?

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I am debating on whether or not to keep this posted...all comments appreciated!

[img]http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/428963dcb23a9.jpg">

May 16 05 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tommy Mc Photography

Carson, California, US

Keep it.

It shows that you get real work outside of the internet.

May 16 05 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

I woudl leave it - thou maybe clean it up a bit - Fix the over exposure and maybe point to where you are so no-one has any questions..

Example:

https://www.blackdiamondproductions.net/test/ver2.jpg

Oh and then you shoudl come to CA with your friend in your portfolio and shoot with me... smile

May 16 05 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Images

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

trash it.

May 16 05 10:41 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Brent Burzycki: 
I woudl leave it - thou maybe clean it up a bit - Fix the over exposure and maybe point to where you are so no-one has any questions..

Example:

https://www.blackdiamondproductions.net/test/ver2.jpg

Oh and then you shoudl come to CA with your friend in your portfolio and shoot with me... smile

Wow, that looks really good!  Can I use that image if I give you credit for the editing?  Also, don't tempt me about coming out to California...

May 16 05 11:40 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Personally I think you should keep it! I think that it's awesome that you can get paying work outside of the internet. And it's not everyday that you can say you are on a billboard.

May 17 05 05:18 am Link

Model

Brooke B

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, US

Definalty Keep it!  I think it is cool and unique to see a real print that was bigger than life!

May 17 05 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

considering without your red line I had no idea which one was you I'd say dump it. Note in your comment/credit section that you appeared in a billboard for Planet Hollywood is good enough. If you only have 20 slots here why waste one on a shot that doesn't show you very well?

May 17 05 04:39 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by vanscottie: 
considering without your red line I had no idea which one was you I'd say dump it. Note in your comment/credit section that you appeared in a billboard for Planet Hollywood is good enough. If you only have 20 slots here why waste one on a shot that doesn't show you very well?

If I only had 20 slots than I would definitely not use this picture, but I have 40.  Do you still think I should trash it?

May 17 05 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Visual Edge

Fenton, Michigan, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Posted by vanscottie: 

I would probably keep it at least for awhile and then as you rotate new images in rotate it out to keep some of your stronger images in.

PS...Did you get my email?

If I only had 20 slots than I would definitely not use this picture, but I have 40.  Do you still think I should trash it?

May 17 05 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Wendi,

It needs to be adjusted in photoshop to bring out the colors and adjust the fact that it's over exposed.

If you don't have someone that can do it, send it to me. It's an easy fix.

EDIT: In this thread I don't see the example someone cleaned up, but it seems like you have it covered.

May 17 05 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

ANON

San Diego, California, US

Use one of the "reworked" versions the guys here have provided.  DO NOT LOSE IT!  In fact, this one is on your top list of those to keep.  Welcome to the world of MODELING.

May 17 05 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Keep it, and Brent's suggestion is spot on.

Don't let California tempt you. You know you really want to visit Seattle! :-)

May 17 05 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by Wendi Meece: 

Posted by vanscottie: 

I agree with Vanscottie.  It's basically a picture of a picture with you and other models in it. Put a mention that you were on a billboard for Planet Hollywood is good enough. But if you really wanted to have this picture in your portfolio then get an origianl print as a tear if you can. As it is, this is your weakest picture ... and you have a very strong portfolio!

May 17 05 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Chris Ambler: 

Sorry Chris, but I MUST disagree! Brent is right! Wendi should come to California and shoot with us! wink

May 17 05 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

12 First

San Jose, California, US

Sorry Chris... Personally, as a photog... This is not a good representation of you and your "personal" work. You have such amazing other shots.  BTW... I would also love to invite you here to Calif.. I would love to work with you..

iYi

May 17 05 06:56 pm Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Chris Ambler: 

Seattle...I was born there! (Technically Ft. Lewis)  I'm an army brat!

May 18 05 12:37 am Link

Model

Wendi April

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wow...I guess I'm going to be busy, traveling to Seattle to shoot with Chris, and then down to California to shoot with Brent and Patrick!!!

May 18 05 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Keeper!!!

May 18 05 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
Wow...I guess I'm going to be busy, traveling to Seattle to shoot with Chris, and then down to California to shoot with Brent and Patrick!!!

YIPPY YEEAAA!!!  Let us know when! Well, I'd eventually get over to Florida, so either way!

May 18 05 12:53 am Link