PDL Imaging

Cairo, New York, US

The eye of the beholder.

Jul 01 07 05:48 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:
I just wanted to know what people thought.. I have noticed that there are more male photographers than female which could mean that males decide in our society what is beautiful in a woman. Do you agree? The male seems to have control over what we see in the media, while women try to immulate his idea.

Thoughts anyone??

Actually, despite all the naysayers, _I_ decide who's beautiful.

Jul 01 07 06:31 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

Unless he retired this year, it's Boris Melichowski. He's the same individual who has been responsible for standardization of industry terms.

bt

Jul 01 07 06:46 am Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Lestari wrote:
Beauty is subjective.

Beauty is NOT subjective.  What makes a person "beautiful" goes back farther than ancient Roman times.  Namely, a symetrical face and symetrical proportions.  There was a documentary done a few years back that looked at the science of beautty (it was hosted by John Cleese, if you want to look it up).  In one of the studies they did, they photos of a number of faces (men, women, different skin color, features, etc) and asked people to rate them from most beautiful to least beautiful.  Regardless of which country they were in (from third world to industrial), and regardless of who participated whether male or female, almost everyone ranked the same images in the same order. 

So, it's not men who decides what's beautiful...it's people who don't want to try to convince themselves that human nature somehow got it wrong and that they should rank higher on the popularity scale, despite what they look like.

EDIT: The mini series was called "The Human Face"...here's a link to it on IMDB.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280262/

Jul 01 07 06:55 am Link

Photographer

SpaceShipStudio

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

you!

Jul 01 07 06:59 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Sandra Valero wrote:

Am I beautiful?

*offers flowers*

Pretty please? big_smile

Very much so!

Jul 01 07 07:14 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

For every person out there- someone thinks they're beautiful...whether it's a mother...a child...someone of the opposite sex...etc. Thank the heavens for this.

I personally can see the beauty in anyone who's nature is good. You can have the most beautiful features and body in the world but if you are mean and not nice...I will see you as ugly. If you are a nice person I will think you are gorgeous!

Jul 01 07 07:17 am Link

Model

TashTheModel

Tacoma, Washington, US

That would be me smile

Jul 01 07 07:31 am Link

Model

Cretia Nicole

Kansas City, Kansas, US

TXPhotog wrote:

Have you ever taken a look at the masthead of Vogue?

Apparently not.

Your sarcasm and comments not related to what I posted can go somewhere. If you get paid to be a jerk let me know when you decide to spend your free time being an asset to knowledge rather than a moron of sarcasm.  You op attackin ass people get on my nerves stick to my topic if you have something relevant to say, or spend your time elsewhere... Not posting your crappy remarks. Thanks

Jul 01 07 10:54 am Link

Model

NY SPICE

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Monica Jay wrote:
I decide who I think is beautiful.

cosigned

Jul 01 07 02:08 pm Link

Model

Pumpkin PinUp

Valencia, Valencia, Spain

BlackWatch wrote:

Very much so!

Yay! You can keep the flowers wink Hehe

Jul 01 07 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:
I just wanted to know what people thought.. I have noticed that there are more male photographers than female which could mean that males decide in our society what is beautiful in a woman. Do you agree? The male seems to have control over what we see in the media, while women try to immulate his idea.

Thoughts anyone??

OK...I'm baaacccck!

Hate to bust your bubble but if you took the time or had the experience you'll find that that numbers of women who make those decisions are very much on a par with men. Currently it might just be in favor of the women. Even the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue a "male magazine" if there ever was one has it's contents decided by a women.

Reality is the women are much more critical of other women in the decision making process. Men just love big tits...LOL! We're pretty simple to please.

Jul 01 07 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:

Your sarcasm and comments not related to what I posted can go somewhere. If you get paid to be a jerk let me know when you decide to spend your free time being an asset to knowledge rather than a moron of sarcasm.  You op attackin ass people get on my nerves stick to my topic if you have something relevant to say, or spend your time elsewhere... Not posting your crappy remarks. Thanks

So there TXPhotog....you, you, you.....MAN!

The newbie of only 57 posts has spoken!!!! Go sit in the corner and don't come out until we need someone to make fun of....GOT IT!!!!!....you, you, you.....MAN!

Jul 01 07 02:49 pm Link

Model

NY SPICE

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:

THANK YOU! Cosigned. So tired of the bitchy remarks on here.

Jul 01 07 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:
Thoughts anyone??

Genetics decides what and who is beautiful.

New research in biology have shown that all spicies of animals have a propensity to select things based on looks... be it what to eat or who to mate with.  Research has also shown that a human's instantaneous respons to seeing a photo for less than a 10/th of a second is the same as if they are given as much time as they want to rate the beauty of the people they see in those photos.

Jul 01 07 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Art Photography Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Cretia Nicole wrote:

You won't last long.

Oh damn, now I'm one of the "op attackin ass people".

Jul 01 07 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

Miguel Book 1

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Cretia Nicole wrote:

Thoughts anyone??

It is a personal preference
Not sure you have stats to prove that they are more male photographers than females, also photographers do not decide what is beautiful or not in society.
Different countries have different standards based on history and culture.
But still not matter what is a personal preference.

Jul 01 07 03:26 pm Link