Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The "Otis" effect

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Remember the scene in Animal House, where after the boys enjoy a happy encounter with Otis Day and the Knights, they blindly assume that a second encounter will go just as well? As we fans of the film know, this was anything but the case!

I frequently fall victim to the "Otis" effect, including everything from getting dogs to buying cars. I recently feel victim as a photographer, assuming that I knew how to work a new model who I thought was just like one I had just worked successfully with. Not!

Nov 02 05 09:15 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Yes,  I know what you are saying.   Sometimes things are just perfect and trying to match that special energy is a fools game.

But I play the fool often.

Nov 02 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

"Wait'll Otis sees us.  He LOVES us!!"

Nov 03 05 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Ed Burns Photography wrote:
"Wait'll Otis sees us.  He LOVES us!!"

And does you mine if I dance wif yo date?

Nov 04 05 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Bluefire

East Tawas, Michigan, US

Nov 06 05 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Long Beach, California, US

The "Otis effect"  - great phrase... I'm so gonna rip that one!!!!

Nov 08 05 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I thought maybe you were talking about being constantly, humourously drunk and locked up by Andy Taylor in Mayberry

Nov 09 05 09:40 am Link

Photographer

johnnycrosslin

Dallas, Texas, US

rp_photo wrote:
Remember the scene in Animal House, where after the boys enjoy a happy encounter with Otis Day and the Knights, they blindly assume that a second encounter will go just as well? As we fans of the film know, this was anything but the case!

I frequently fall victim to the "Otis" effect, including everything from getting dogs to buying cars. I recently feel victim as a photographer, assuming that I knew how to work a new model who I thought was just like one I had just worked successfully with. Not!

wait a sec...back up.... you can get a dog to buy a car?

Nov 09 05 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Rick Edwards wrote:
I thought maybe you were talking about being constantly, humourously drunk and locked up by Andy Taylor in Mayberry

I thought it was either that or something to do with elevators.

Nov 09 05 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

being humorously drunk and stuck in an elevator...with Andy Taylor from Mayberry

Nov 09 05 11:29 am Link