Forums > General Industry > Was I chatting with a real female model?...or some dude?

Model

Gigi Monique

Posted by Joe K. Perez:
Posted by emac:
Who the hell would post their phone number on this site?

Especially a model. amateur or otherwise.

People serious about photography, modeling, acting, make-up'ing, singing, dancing, rapping, playing musical instruments would.

NOT TRUE. Photographers/MUAs/Agencies can list thier information, but not models. People know what we look like and we attract stalkers. Some phone numbers can be traced if fallen into the wrong hands and that means our lives are threatened. Do you see Cindy Crawford posting her number for all to see? That's why there's managers/agents to weed out the freaks so that us models don't fall into the wrong hands.

Yes! Gloria is totally right.... Too many weirdo's out there.

May 18 05 02:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

The Beauty Artist

Troy, Michigan, US

Posted by emac: 

I second that Eric. I wouldent want my phone # on the internet, thats how you get people prank calling you, or people who are too damn persistant who wont leave you alone...

May 18 05 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Gloria Santiago: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

Posted by emac: 

People serious about photography, modeling, acting, make-up'ing, singing, dancing, rapping, playing musical instruments would.

NOT TRUE.  Photographers/MUAs/Agencies can list thier information, but not models.  People know what we look like and we attract stalkers.  Some phone numbers can be traced if fallen into the wrong hands and that means our lives are threatened.  Do you see Cindy Crawford posting her number for all to see?  That's why there's managers/agents to weed out the freaks so that us models don't fall into the wrong hands.

There I go...having to 'splain it again. Lol. I was referring to the non-Crawfords, the non-J-Los, with no agents and besides, what's Crawford got to worry about with caller id and call blocking and all the body guards she can afford? Still, I understand what you're saying and that's why it's better to have a secondary line such as a cell phone, or an 800 number for publishing on the Internet. I, myself, don't publish my home phone on the Internet, because I've got kids, but it's listed in the book and I list a secondary number as my primary contact number for all things Photography and I.T. related. Besides, if a stalker, or prank caller called my home, which they have, believe me, I know how to nip that shit in the bud A.S.A.P!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, OMP hides the model's phone number (I forgot about that), but not the photographer's. I guess that's sound practice and prudent. Still, there's no verification process that the number belongs to the actual person, which is what my suggestion was all about. Verifying that it is:

1) Male, or Female
2) Photographer, Model, MUA, Actor, etc.
3) That no fake profiles are created by a third party, etc.

Just some checks and balances is all I'm asking for.

Lastly, it's not uncommon for some Artists to publish a home phone number when they work primarily out of their homes. So "NOT TRUE?", relax...it is depending on where and whom. Ever hear of Live/Work lofts? Many of those in the Bay Area. Lastly, without an address, what does a stalker really have? Voice mail and, or call blocking. Lol. Then again, some people aren't afraid at all to post their home addresses either.

If you want to get technical about it from a criminology standpoint, if someone was out to get ya, they'd do it whether, or not you had a phone number published.

May 18 05 05:06 pm Link

Model

Sarah Marie Hilker

Los Angeles, California, US

What model in their right mind would openly put her phone number online in the public?  That's asking for something bad to happen.  Look, you can never tell you are talking to who you think you are unless they have a webcam and they get on it live for you.  That is the main reason why I have a cam. 

If you want to work with me, that is what email is for.  When we email back and forth and actually set up a shoot, I will give you my phone number and expect to have yours as well.  When we get to the shoot, I will release my real name on the Model release as well as any other info regarding my pay or photos.

May 18 05 06:16 pm Link

Model

Ky McQueen

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
I noticed you're member #0.  Are you Jesus?

That's funny...lol

May 18 05 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

"you can never tell you are talking to who you think you are unless they have a webcam and they get on it live for you"

That reminds me of my favorite Jetsons episode wear Jane puts on a mask to talk on the video phone.  We could make fake ones that do not look like us and change our voices.

Mark goes back to working on his robots that will rule the world.

May 18 05 06:24 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by theda: 

I don't get weird phone calls. I'm very careful with the cell number. You must pass rigorous testing (including the MMPI) to get my number.

LMAO I guess there isn't much crossover between the IQ thread and this one. Seriously though, models, and even photographers (especially the more well known ones) don't often post their phone numbers because in this wild and wonderful world there are many freaks (notice the number of cranks that have been banned off here...kudos to the recognition speed of the monitors btw)and I for one do not get off on the heavy breathing phone calls that seem to increase exponentially after I have ever posted my phone number for any reason (even for apartment roommates for god's sake.)

May 18 05 06:34 pm Link

Model

Asia

Danville, California, US

Funny Joe! Reese is a hottie! Maybe I should call her lol I would never post my number, there is too many weirdo guys that would call but that's just us. I think it is fine for photographers unless maybe you are a woman. Oh and incase you need to know Us = Jeffrey & Asia

May 20 05 11:42 am Link