Forums > Photography Talk > Vh1 fashion photography photographer show

Photographer

Mark M Gong

New York, New York, US

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2 … h1-to.html

Apparently VH1 has a new reality show called "Click" for aspiring fashion photographers.  Kind of like Project Runway except for photographers.

Any one know where and if they are casting for this show?  Sounds interesting.

Jul 18 07 12:26 pm Link

Model

Larry D Rosalez

Gainesville, Florida, US

I was just talking to a friend yesterday about how they should have a photography competition since they have everything else.
I'm excited.

Jul 18 07 12:28 pm Link

Model

Kennedy Deshawn

Chicago, Illinois, US

lol, like operation kitty calendar on acceptable.tv     anyone else watch that show?

Jul 18 07 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

In Focus

Cleveland, Ohio, US

think about it

: travel to exotic places
: chillin with models all day
: mad exposure

where do i sign up

hienvy

Jul 18 07 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

realty show = FREE BEER smile

Jul 18 07 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

lol it's like watching rats in a box
and finish your career in shitty people magazines
as wahrol said "people will do anything for the 5 mn of poor glory"
we had that show about models; i am still waiting for these girls on main fashion magazines cover
tb

Jul 18 07 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I would love to do that.

Jul 18 07 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Marcel Vocino

Brooklyn, New York, US

they are casting people from my school, Brooks Institute....

Jul 18 07 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Pardue Photography

Oakland, California, US

i agree that it's 10 minutes of fame, but I'd still die for the opportunity...  where does one sign up?

Jul 18 07 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Luis Aragon

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Mark M Gong wrote:
http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2 … h1-to.html

Apparently VH1 has a new reality show called "Click" for aspiring fashion photographers.  Kind of like Project Runway except for photographers.

Any one know where and if they are casting for this show?  Sounds interesting.

mark...if i catch you auditioning for that show...i will beat you down like a red headed step child...lol.

Jul 18 07 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Off Center Media

Naperville, Illinois, US

I read about it on Craigslist.  They were asking people to email a photo of themself and two that they had taken.  I did that, and a few days later got a reply asking to send in an audition tape.  Now I'm waiting to hear back from that. From what I've been told it's past the time to submit yourself, however I don't know how the casting calls work.

Jul 18 07 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

In Focus wrote:
think about it

: travel to exotic places
: chillin with models all day
: mad exposure

where do i sign up

hienvy

Yep.
Confrontations with egos.
Drama
And bad editing made deliberately to make people look bad so they can up their ratings.

No thanks...however I'll watch it.

There is another one floating around (but I don't get it here in NY) Best of the Best...same concept but it's more glamour and swimsuit thing.

Jul 18 07 01:35 pm Link

Model

Ells Bells

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I believe they're finished taking applicants for the show.  I do know they held auditions for those who applied out in LA a week or so ago.  There seem to be a few MM'ers who've applied.  Should be interesting.

Jul 18 07 01:36 pm Link

Model

Tanyazaki

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom

nathan combs wrote:
realty show = FREE BEER smile

lol ill have wine!

Jul 18 07 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Marcel Vocino

Brooklyn, New York, US

Im thinking its not a good idea! VH1 always has B level shows like that, I mean could you imagine if that was your peak of fame? a lame reality show! that would be the only thing people remember you by!! HORROR !!!

JMO

-marcel

Jul 18 07 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

Mark M Gong

New York, New York, US

looaragon wrote:

mark...if i catch you auditioning for that show...i will beat you down like a red headed step child...lol.

That's why I'm a quick ninja and you'll never catch me!  Plus I probably audition with a fake name like....ohh I dunnoo....Benny Avedon

Jul 18 07 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Ugh.

(Should I just shoot myself now?)

Jul 18 07 01:40 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

There is a casting on MM posted within the last few days.

Might take some doing finding it though.

Jul 18 07 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Are we sure this is real?  A search shows that thisis the only site (the url from the OP) that discusses it.  Well that one and a blog that qoutes the other site.  There is nothing else to be found discussing this.

Jul 18 07 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Luis Aragon

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Mark M Gong wrote:

That's why I'm a quick ninja and you'll never catch me!  Plus I probably audition with a fake name like....ohh I dunnoo....Benny Avedon

or dirk diggler...

Jul 18 07 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mark M Gong

New York, New York, US

I don't think it's all that bad if you're a decent person on the show...but something tells me they are casting for A-type, aggressive, and confrontational types.  The funny thing is, the photo assistants on the show will probably know more than the wannabe photographers.

Jul 18 07 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Lindsay A. Moleirinho

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's about time they do a good show for photographers..

Jul 18 07 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Lori Mann

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

A friend of mine (one of my former students actually) just went on the audition for it in Los Angeles.  He said it was like a 2 second interview and definitely based more on the personality and looks than photo skills.  Obviously.  lol

If you're interested you can contact him yourself, his name is Jeff and he's super friendly and sweet, here: www.myspace.com/j3photo and ask him about it.

Lori

Jul 18 07 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Mark M Gong wrote:
I don't think it's all that bad if you're a decent person on the show...but something tells me they are casting for A-type, aggressive, and confrontational types.  The funny thing is, the photo assistants on the show will probably know more than the wannabe photographers.

I was thinking about that.  Take me for example.  I might have a great deal of knowledge about how to take a picture (zone, exposure, settings...etc), but have never in my life worked on a major shoot set with multiple models, MAU, hairstylists, stylists, set crews, photo-assistants, shoot directors....etc. 

This seems almost like a "Win a walk on role" event except you aren't the walk on role, you are the director.

I see a lot of frustated crew members on this one.  If I were on this show, you would hear a record number of "I'm sorry"s.

It might be best if they choose commercial assistants who are looking to finally make the break to lead photographer

Jul 18 07 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

TheLoftStudios

Houston, Texas, US

I've already signed up and my application has been accepted..... HOW EXCITING!!!

Jul 18 07 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mark M Gong

New York, New York, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

I was thinking about that.  Take me for example.  I might have a great deal of knowledge about how to take a picture (zone, exposure, settings...etc), but have never in my life worked on a major shoot set with multiple models, MAU, hairstylists, stylists, set crews, photo-assistants, shoot directors....etc. 

This seems almost like a "Win a walk on role" event except you aren't the walk on role, you are the director.

I see a lot of frustated crew members on this one.  If I were on this show, you would hear a record number of "I'm sorry"s.

It might be best if they choose commercial assistants who are looking to finally make the break to lead photographer

I'm sure they'll take a mix of fresh Brookies, a couple of assistants and older folks with families.

Jul 18 07 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Surfah

AMONATE, Virginia, US

where do you sign up?

Jul 18 07 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

aduro visum

Sacramento, California, US

Mark M Gong wrote:
...The funny thing is, the photo assistants on the show will probably know more than the wannabe photographers.

This isn't very uncommon in the real world either.

Jul 18 07 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

RAW-R IMAGE

Los Angeles, California, US

PEOPLE----This is TV!!

It's not about nothing, at this point other than attracting advertisers!

You think it's about YOUR fame,
You think it's about Art,
You think it's about Quality,

Think Again!

It's about trying to ENTERTAIN the masses while the world goes to hell.

I'd sign up and COMPETE if I could just for the shitty hell of it!

WTF--at the end of the day I would have the rest of my life to do MY thing

Jul 18 07 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Christina Lexutt

Los Angeles, California, US

I got the notice about the casting from Brooks as well.  I was insulted that the age limit was set at 40!!!!!!!!

What's up with that?  You can't be a hot photog after 40?

Right now there is a posting on the LA Craigslist saying that they are still casting for a hot female photog age 21-30.  Glad to see they aren't casting stereotypes........

Jul 18 07 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

fStopstudios

Lowell, Massachusetts, US

Christina Lexutt wrote:
I got the notice about the casting from Brooks as well.  I was insulted that the age limit was set at 40!!!!!!!!

Right now there is a posting on the LA Craigslist saying that they are still casting for a hot female photog age 21-30.  Glad to see they aren't casting stereotypes........

ahh good. Gives us old farts a leg up.

Jul 18 07 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Christina DeO

New York, New York, US

About time. However...

The name is pretty lame.

Click.

Doesn't score too many points in creativity. Oh well.

Jul 18 07 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Mark M Gong

New York, New York, US

Christina Lexutt wrote:

LOL...yea...if there was an age limit on photographers turning pro, then great photographers like Howard Schatz would not have made the cut.

Jul 19 07 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Photographer A

Rialto, California, US

I went to the casting call and got a call back I think I may get on but you know
first they said I was to old but then they call me Back so we will see. _A_

Jul 19 07 12:14 am Link