Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Paul McCartney!

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Anyone else catch Paul McCartney in concert?  It's a great show!  Might be the last chance to see the legend!  I just got home from the show that I almost didn't go to because of various personal reasons.  But things worked out for the better, and I'm glad I did make it there! 

https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/PWalberg/Paul001.jpg

ONE WORD... GO!  A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Nov 08 05 06:24 am Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

I prefer Yoko to Paul. She is much more talented and still very attractive for a woman her age.

Nov 08 05 08:07 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Might be the last chance to see the legend!

They were saying the same thing about the new Stones Tour...10 years ago!

I've seen Sir Paul and he does put on a great show.  I think only a Fool on the Hill would think Yoko could even carry Paul's git case...probably the same man with the foolish grin keeping perfectly still with the eyes in his head seeing the world spinning round.

Nov 08 05 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

cookie monster wrote:
I prefer Yoko to Paul. She is much more talented and still very attractive for a woman her age.

I believe you have a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor!  LOL 

No doubt that Yoko is quite talented in the arts and in business, but she was not one of the four Beatles.  She can't write music, play multiple instruments or sing!

Nov 08 05 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

area291 wrote:
They were saying the same thing about the new Stones Tour...10 years ago!

I've seen Sir Paul and he does put on a great show.  I think only a Fool on the Hill would think Yoko could even carry Paul's git case...probably the same man with the foolish grin keeping perfectly still with the eyes in his head seeing the world spinning round.

Hey man, I hear ya!  LOL  Quite honestly, I really enjoyed the selection of songs Paul played 2 years ago BETTER when I saw him then. This time he played a few of his newer tunes off his most recent record, so there had to be a few old favorites taken off the song list.  He still plays for nearly 3 hours though!  I was thinking what kind of song list the Beatles would have if John and George had survived?  It would be damn near impossible to put together a song list that covered everything!  No way would they get to solo material either!  LOL  But I must say that Paul has put out some good songs on his most recent record.

Nov 08 05 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

I believe you have a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor!  LOL 

No doubt that Yoko is quite talented in the arts and in business, but she was not one of the four Beatles.  She can't write music, play multiple instruments or sing!

Yoko = Hot MILF

Nov 08 05 09:09 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Macca is a god!

I saw him a month ago and got to sneak into the soundcheck as I was volunteering with PETA and we had a table set up outside the arena. That was a night to remember.

I've seen him play four times, and he has never let me down. He still sounds amazing and is producing great material (Chaos and Creation in the Backyard kicks arse!). You can tell he absolutely loves what he does.

I love him, I want to marry him. Etc. Etc.

*dreamy sigh*

Nov 09 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Alyssa Lovelle wrote:
Macca is a god!

I saw him a month ago and got to sneak into the soundcheck...

Lucky you!...He, more than many other artists, guards attendance of his soundchecks to an extreme.  I'll bet a Ticket to Ride the check was filled with he and the band crankin' down some mean blues with little stuff heard in the show.

Nov 09 05 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

area291 wrote:

Lucky you!...He, more than many other artists, guards attendance of his soundchecks to an extreme.  I'll bet a Ticket to Ride the check was filled with he and the band crankin' down some mean blues with little stuff heard in the show.

I've seen Paul three times now. The first was when it was the Wings with Linda and he didn't do but a few of the Beatles tunes. Then a couple years ago ... that was my favorite show because he played all my favorites This time he needed to add some new material with the new record out.  But it's really good stuff!  So I don't mind too much that he skipped "When I'm Sixty-Four" and "My Love" 

Everyone looked like they were having the time of their life, including Paul!  I'm glad to have been there and took a good friend with me who really needed to be there too!  It was her major concert since Billy Joel .. who also puts on a killer show!

Makes me miss George and John even more ... sad  Have you heard the Live album of George in Japan?  It's out of the World Awesome!  Eric Clapton on "psycho-guitar!" played with George ... on "My Guitar Gently Weeps" is mind blowing! and Georges "Something" is even more heart felt in emotions that you can hear in the sensitive guitar playing live that was missed in the original recording.

Nov 09 05 04:42 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

area291 wrote:

Well, I had my little Facility pass because I was with PETA so the guards didn't give me grief. It pays to voluinteer! That and I look pretty harmless.

And yes, the soundcheck was brilliant. I made a point of cheering REALLY loud and actually got his attention a few times. Being addressed directly by Sir Paul is like a standing ovation from the rest of the cosmos.

*giggles like a schoolgirl*

Nov 09 05 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Alyssa Lovelle wrote:

Well, I had my little Facility pass because I was with PETA so the guards didn't give me grief. It pays to voluinteer! That and I look pretty harmless.

And yes, the soundcheck was brilliant. I made a point of cheering REALLY loud and actually got his attention a few times. Being addressed directly by Sir Paul is like a standing ovation from the rest of the cosmos.

*giggles like a schoolgirl*

WOW!  big_smile  And you do look very "pretty" and harmless too!  That drummer, Abe cracks me up!  If I were ever to be in Pauls band (That is the equivalent of dying and going to heaven! IMHO)  I would want to be the drummer!  Abe was on tour with Paul a couple years ago and he looked like he was having the time of his life!  Always smiling and happy!  Funny thing, that's how Beatles music makes me feel!

Nov 09 05 07:36 pm Link

Model

Gone Baby Gone

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Oh yes, Abe rocks! Of course, if I were in Paul's band I'd be beaming constantly...and constantly flirting with Paul until he threatened to kick me out.

Then I'd have to resort to a more subtle approach...*evil grin*

Nov 09 05 07:44 pm Link

Model

Memi Haute

My Girlfriend might be going to a Paul concert tonight. I hope she gets to go. She's been a Beatles fan since I met her.

Nov 11 05 06:50 pm Link