Forums > General Industry > Let's Vote Yuki Miike OFF!

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Ah what I feared begins with this statement....

It is precisely that attitude that = failure of the democratic vote off system..

All people have to do it put out the facts - back their claims to remove a member then Tyler will see it...

Simple - if everyone agrees fine if not fine..

In the end is Tylers call - its his site..

Posted by Duck Photography: 

I have a better Idea lets vote you off

May 19 05 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Posted by simon: 
perhaps an ingnore option would be a better solution than censorship. But then again, it seems that most of you like it that way.

Silence the voice of all that you dislike, it worked for Hitler and Stalin. 

Simon.
Isn't this shit silly?
Look at half the portfolios on here, and you'll see no better (I imagine... I never actually saw the shit in urinals...)

May 20 05 12:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by robotbones: 
- as i light my torch, heading for the door-
wait, he's gone? dam late again
anyway, i like to say is, wait.... theres some nice scottish men nocking at my door, no, they jest came with violn casses, maybe there here to play some nice music
wait thats a AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
DAM YOU REESE!!!!!!!!!

:::Reese looks behind her computer at her dusty violin case:::

"How did you know I had a violin????  I have a guitar too.... Did you know that too?"

:::Reese looks around room - slightly freaked out:::

May 20 05 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Jayson Harrington

Ormond Beach, Florida, US

Posted by Reese: 

Posted by marksora: 
No voting,  does that mean there will not be a immunity challenge?

I wanted to throw Reese and theda off the oiled pole into the freezing lake.  Plus I do not doubt that I have a target on my back already.

:::Reese cranes neck out to check MarkSoras back:::

"Yep, you got one on there..."

::::Reese turns her own back to face cyber-mirror and sees one on her back too::::

"Damn it!  Who put this mark on me?!"

:::getting all excited in her anger, Reese slips on oil meant for pole and slides into wall:::

"@#$%&@!"

*** crosses fingers behind back and starts slowly creeping towards the exit***

May 20 05 11:48 am Link

Photographer

edrickguerrero photography

Pasadena, California, US

aaawwwww damn it! i missed the shit again?!?!? damn the goons at HR for banning the internet during work hours! damn them to HELL!?!?!?!?

May 22 05 05:48 am Link

Photographer

Voodoo Promo

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Posted by Dignan Photography: 
maybe he's a fake, or maybe he is real and believes in his art. if he is real, he has the artistic freedom to express himself however he pleases, but not on 'model' mayhem.. maybe on 'crap' mayhem or 'extreme art' mayhem.. if that is his art form, he just needs to find his community.. he may be in the wrong place on this site. I don't wanna see that during breakfast !! smile

May 22 05 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Voodoo Promo

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Posted by Dignan Photography: 
maybe he's a fake, or maybe he is real and believes in his art. if he is real, he has the artistic freedom to express himself however he pleases, but not on 'model' mayhem.. maybe on 'crap' mayhem or 'extreme art' mayhem.. if that is his art form, he just needs to find his community.. he may be in the wrong place on this site. I don't wanna see that during breakfast !! smile

Why cant a site be about the professional industry and mean something to be here? Look at whats being talked about here? shit pictures! get real Get Professional!

May 22 05 10:54 am Link

Model

AshleyDanielle

West Hollywood, California, US

What if...

he is into that type of photography? That the obscure is what he enjoys and his work will be aimed towards?

what if...

He is from (think it was) Japan and was using a translator or just sucked at English? Lots of those translators never translate correctly and mess up what ever you want to say. I know this due to several friends I have that live in the Netherlands, Portugal, and France that it's like a puzzle trying to decipher what the message says once translated.

I saw his posts, didn't see anything wrong with them other then poor writing form. Or, maybe he was just being silly or being annoying lol

I saw his photos and all I thought was.. considering there was shit in the toilet the toilet was rather clean hahaha

May 22 05 11:19 am Link

Model

sarahlouise

London, England, United Kingdom

i feel for the guy, i think he was a good photographer that just had the misfortune to work with shit models ! wink

May 22 05 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

DavidTroyan Photography

San Diego, California, US

Why don't you post his link so everyone can see his so called shit art. So far I have seen nothing, and only read that a bunch of the hang Mob wants someone off of here. Show me his work or point to it??

Posted by STUDIO TEN 31: 
GEES YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY SOMETHING HERE. THIS WHOLE THING SUCKS. IF YOU PEOPLE DID NOT LIKE MY WORK, AND PERHAPS YOU DON'T. FIRST OFF I WOULD NOT GIVE A SHIT AS I AM GETTING THE WORK AND THE CLIENTS. SECCOND I WOULD NOT LET ANYBODY LET ME OR TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN NOT SHOOT. NOW I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS SO CALLED "SHIT ART" OR WHATEVER IT IS. BUT UNLESS HE IS SIMPLY DOING IT TO PISS PEOPLE OFF, THEN BY ALL FUCKIN MEANS GET HIM OUT OF HERE. BUTT WHAT IF HE IS JUST A SHIT SHOOTER AND CAN ONLY SHOOT SHIT,LOL AND HE IS LEARNING, I AM 46 AND I SHOT LOUSY WHEN I STARTED OUT WHEN I WAS JUST A MERE 15 A CHILD I WAS. BUTT I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY, THEN I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR PHOTOGRAPHY, (BROOKS INSTITUTE) IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN IT WAS A SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHY AND NOT POLITICS. BYE

May 22 05 02:04 pm Link

Model

sarahlouise

London, England, United Kingdom

his account was deleted but it was pictures of actual shit in a toilet.

May 22 05 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

It was obviously not a serious attempt at art, unless you consider pandering to ethnic and racial stereotypes an art form.

May 22 05 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Posted by Lapis: 
...(and I paraphrase,) I feel this after being in this country 2 weeks, with some bad imitation asian grammatical errors. Now the mystery of Yuki Miike is gone, and so is he. Let him rest in piece. Maybe, if he is lucky, he can get a show in Soho with his wonderful urinal pieces.

Who the hell is anyone here to say that it wasn't a "serious attempt at art"?
First off, if anyone here can tell me what a "serious attempt at art" is, you win an all expenses paid getaway straight to hell.
Because I'd say every shit shooter on this site thinks they're making a "serious attempt at art". 
So this guy shows up with some work.
If what Lapis paraphrased up above is correct, he "feel this after being in this country 2 weeks".  The rest of the descriptions of his work would imply that his work was shit in a urinal.
So think about it.  I don't know this guy, I don't know where's he's coming from, but ya'll just validated his art.
Shit is a little out of place in a urinal.  I've never shit in a urinal, but unless they're the floor length urinals, I imagine it's a little akward to get it in there.  And it's definitely out of place.
And this guy's been here for 2 weeks.  He joins a site to find some friends and share his work, which just happens that it was work about his current situation, and ya'll shoot him down. 
I don't know.
This shit's silly...
Everyone on here has some shit on there page - myself included.  We've given everyone else the benefit of the doubt and let them keep trying.
And all ya'll just shot this guy down without givin him a chance at all.
Because he was feeling out of place and he made a piece about it.
"Serious attempt at art"... Is a girl in denim swinging in a tire swing a "serious attempt at art"?  I wouldn't know.  But I wouldn't try to hinder your ability to make it and share it.  Even if I think it's shit.
God... that phrase is cracking me up.
"Serious attempt at art".
What would you have said when DuChamp hung a urinal upside down and called it art?
Was that not serious?  Was there no artisitic merit to what he did?
Just cause you don't understand the shit, doesn't make it any less valid than your glorified snaps of your daughter playing in your yard.
It's impossible to define... but all ya'll who don't understand that want to put yourself on a pedestal and claim that somehow, the 2 dimensional colors and lines you create are more valid than someone elses.
Ya'll are fucking retarded.
Sorry...
This shit is ridiculous.

May 22 05 03:11 pm Link

Model

Myla Chenoa

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I agree with you Blacklist.

There are TONS of people who feel shooting nudity is just shooting "shit" and it's not wanted or needed. Women have lost their children because they've posed nude and men have lost their wives because they shoot nudes. Yet 99% of the people in this thread do or have shot nudes and feel it's art.

It's reminds of that movie "Stardom" when the washed up European fashion model holds an art show, and when the press shows up, they find out it's sculptures made out of her own actual shit because, as she states, her life is shit. It was an expression of how she felt about herself and her life.

Who is to say what is art and what isn't? How boring would it be if we could only do one type of photo or one type of painting?!

I don't know who the person is, but if he was deleted purely because you were in disagreement about his art, what would you say to someone who said you should be deleted for your "art"? I think we all know, I sure know what I would say!

May 22 05 04:17 pm Link

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

I'm not sure what happened here because the member was banned (pictures deleted) before I could get a chance to check it out.

But if what I gather from the posts here is correct, that his portfolio consisted of photos of shit in a urinal (?)... then oh well.. Im not going to lose any sleep over him being banned.  Yes, of course, it could be considered "art"... (sigh).. but this is, like someone earlier said, Model Mayhem.

And for those that are upset about the public lynching apsect of this situation... he would have been banned (warned) either way.  It was just a matter of time.

May 22 05 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Thanks for backing me.
It's really ridiculous the way people reacted.
I feel that a lot of people on here shoot what they shoot for either A) $$$$ or B) it's a good way to see boobies.
I love money.
And I love boobies.
So don't get me wrong.
BUT.
My photography is my art.  It's what I do.  It's how I tell my stories.
If this guy was telling his, that's great.  Were his images marketable?  Probably not.
Are my images marketable?  Not the ones I like.
But I'll continue making them anyway.
And I hope this Yuki character won't be discouraged from making his.
And I hope all the jackasses on here who want to see some tits will keep making their's, either.
I think a lot of their work is shit.  You can only look at so many asses before they all look the same.  This site seems, a lot of the time, like nothing more than a trading arena for softcore imagery... "Hey, wanna swap mags?  Mine are getting stale..."
***Which, I should state, is NOT Tyler's fault.  I'm stoked as hell that he put the time and energy into creating a venue for us to show and discuss our processes and the results... thanks Tyler***
But all I'm saying is that so many people on here consider themselves "artists" because they can create eye candy.
Art is about communication.
It's a visual language.
So few people on here seem to get that.
An ass in and of itself communicates very little.
So many on this site use their talent to create imagery that speaks nothing.  It tells no story, it is completely void of content.  It's just another hot chick's (and sometimes we're not even that lucky) ass.
If Yuki was making imagery that spoke of something, which it sounds like he was trying to do, then he's head and shoulders above most of the shooters on here.
People may not have dug the way he told his stories, but it sounds like he had more content than most.
I don't know...
Like I said, this shit's ridiculous.
I'm just ashamed of anyone who felt it okay to shut someone's vision out without a second thought.  Because they considered him a "troll".
And by the way... that's the lamest thing I've ever heard.  "This guy's a troll"... what the fuck is that?
Are we living in the land of David the Gnome?
Find a reason.  Whoever started this shit sounds like a bitch.  But that's no reason to shut her down...
But I could be wrong.  If we were to rate the negative conotations of different names we could call each other, perhaps "troll" would rate much worse than "bitch".
I don't know... I just don't know.

May 22 05 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Tyler...
It's your site. 
And therefore, you can do what you want with it.
I just thought it was silly for people to handle this the way they did.
It sounds like the guy had just set up his account, and was off almost immediately with no chance to defend himself or change his imagery.
I don't know how you generally handle things like this, but I would hope that people might get a chance to defend themselves before being lynched.
But again, it's your site.  And it's a great site...
You can do with it what you will
Steven

May 22 05 05:05 pm Link

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

No, I agree with you.  I'm working on a system where people receive a certain number of warnings before they get booted (from mods of course).  Some kind of like point system.  But for right now, our only defense is just to kick people off.

Again, I'm not exactly sure what happened in this situation.  I don't know if the guy was trolling or just got booted for the photos.

But yah, the whole warning/banning stuff is still in the works.

May 22 05 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

robotbones

Austin, Texas, US

well how about reese putting hits on us, it's hard writing this with my nuckels broken by those,um, nice scottish boys

May 22 05 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

Posted by Myla Chenoa: 
I agree with you Blacklist.

There are TONS of people who feel shooting nudity is just shooting "shit" and it's not wanted or needed. Women have lost their children because they've posed nude and men have lost their wives because they shoot nudes. Yet 99% of the people in this thread do or have shot nudes and feel it's art.

It's reminds of that movie "Stardom" when the washed up European fashion model holds an art show, and when the press shows up, they find out it's sculptures made out of her own actual shit because, as she states, her life is shit. It was an expression of how she felt about herself and her life.

Who is to say what is art and what isn't? How boring would it be if we could only do one type of photo or one type of painting?!

I don't know who the person is, but if he was deleted purely because you were in disagreement about his art, what would you say to someone who said you should be deleted for your "art"? I think we all know, I sure know what I would say!

OK, You have moved up to my all time fav now. Well said.

May 22 05 09:44 pm Link