Forums > General Industry > The Copyright Button

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

Alright, i'm going to test the "There's no such thing as a dumb question".

I wanna create a nice pro looking watermark for my images. I did a quick scan across my keyboard assuming it would be right there, then a slow one, then a reeeeaally slow one. Well color me Perywinkle, it's not on there. I can do it the long way and "make" one on Corel Draw, but is that even legal? Is it a keyboard trick on Photoshop? Do I have to do some copyright office thing to get one of those c's with a hoolah hoop to slip into my A: drive? I know I have the copyright to an image that I take, just cuz I took it. But now how do I stamp it right so the public knows?

May 19 05 10:23 am Link

Photographer

rwspangler

Springfield, Virginia, US

try the alt 0169 on the PC or the equiv on the MAC. It will put the © on screen or print.

May 19 05 10:28 am Link

Photographer

- null -

To make a copyright symbol like this: ©

On a PC:
Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map
(this will give it to you in the appropriate font)

On a Macintosh:
Option + G
(this will give it to you in whatever font you are using)

May 19 05 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

©ool! I couldn't get the alt 0169 thing to work, but the character map helped. That's twice you have helped me already Eric. I used your model release on your website as a base for mine after reading the thread about releases. You DID say it was cool to do that right? I couldn't get that sucker to look right on a normal sheet of paper though, so I put it on legal size.

Thanks twice.

May 19 05 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

The alt trick means hold down the alt button WHILE YOU SIMULTANEOUSLY type 0 then 1 then 6 then 9 on the numeric keypad. Then release the alt key.

©

May 19 05 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

Sweet deal I ©ould figure this out myself. Thanks for askin this question!

May 19 05 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

I still can get the 0169 trick to work. I'm on a PC, not a Mac, does that matter? Maybe my computer is stoopud tongue

No prob Rafael, any other questions you have that you would feel dumb asking, just let me know and i'll do it for you, as I have no shame wink

May 19 05 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

Posted by Lee Lossing: 
I still can get the 0169 trick to work. I'm on a PC, not a Mac, does that matter? Maybe my computer is stoopud tongue

No prob Rafael, any other questions you have that you would feel dumb asking, just let me know and i'll do it for you, as I have no shame wink

lol sweet but I might get you in trouble with some of them lol

May 19 05 11:22 am Link

Model

CML

Richmond, Virginia, US

Posted by Lee Lossing: 

if youre using the number pad on the side of your computer make sure your number lock is on.  If not, you will have to use the regular numbers at the top of your keyboard.  and while pressing down the alt button, you hit the numbers 0169
   pretty easy,.. maybe your computer is just a retard  © wink

May 19 05 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

©ool again! That one was quite the puzzle, but now that I know how to do it.... On my keyboard I have to hit the F lock button before I can hit the numlock and have it actually do something, then the 0169 trick works. Everytime I reboot, or my comp feels the need to randomly reboot, I have to do it all over again. Thanx Chanti. That's more than just a cute looking hat rack on your shoulders ain't it?

May 19 05 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

Oh, I better thank Mr. Spangler too. You were the first one to respond and told me exactly how to do it. Had I known how to use my keyboard I would have found it right away. I feel like i'm at the Oscars I have so many people to thank.

May 19 05 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted By Lee Lossing:
That's twice you have helped me already Eric. I used your model release on your website as a base for mine after reading the thread about releases. You DID say it was cool to do that right?

Yes, you are free to base your release form off of mine. After all, I based mine off of others.

If you want a lot more release forms (such as location releases and things like that), look here:
http://www.wyndfeather.com/filmandvideo … _forms.asp

As for your gratitude, you are most welcome. Pay it forward, kiddo.

May 19 05 07:58 pm Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Ä I tried that trick but that was all I got.

May 20 05 05:00 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

Okay I found it! ©

May 20 05 05:03 am Link

Photographer

Scott Aitken

Seattle, Washington, US

There is a se©ond way to do this on a Ma©. Hit the OPT+G keys.

May 21 05 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Posted by Lee Lossing: 
©ool again! That one was quite the puzzle, but now that I know how to do it.... On my keyboard I have to hit the F lock button before I can hit the numlock and have it actually do something, then the 0169 trick works. Everytime I reboot, or my comp feels the need to randomly reboot, I have to do it all over again. Thanx Chanti. That's more than just a cute looking hat rack on your shoulders ain't it?

Lee, regarding the "booting" of your computer... there is usually something found in the "setup" section that will tell the computer to turn "on" the numlock when booting. It is found when you do the "press del" to enter setup when the computer is starting. NOTE!!!!: DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IF YOU CHANGE SOMETHING THAT YOU SHOULDN'T, YOU CAN REALLY SCREW UP YOUR COMPUTER.

Andrew

May 22 05 10:13 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Andrew,

I did everything you said and then gave my computer a swift boot to the side. It fell over and now the whole thing is locked, not just the number key. I guess you were right about screwing up my computer...

Posted by AndrewG:

Lee, regarding the "booting" of your computer... there is usually something found in the "setup" section that will tell the computer to turn "on" the numlock when booting. It is found when you do the "press del" to enter setup when the computer is starting. NOTE!!!!: DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IF YOU CHANGE SOMETHING THAT YOU SHOULDN'T, YOU CAN REALLY SCREW UP YOUR COMPUTER.

Andrew

May 22 05 10:19 am Link