Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Name that baby

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

I read in the National Enquirer that a couple in Westover Indiana, named their child Megapixal. Call me what you will, but I like the name so much, I now call my three year old Bassett Hound the same name. He is a stuborn dog and never comes regardless of what you call him, so I doubt he minds.

Nov 09 05 07:18 am Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

i think i would despise my parents for th rest of my life if they named me that.....

didnt some famous guy name his daughter like starflyer or something crazy like that?

Nov 09 05 07:40 am Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

mydividedunity wrote:
i think i would despise my parents for th rest of my life if they named me that.....

didnt some famous guy name his daughter like starflyer or something crazy like that?

No, according to the article, the dads name is Staff Sargeant Bill Cummings and his wife, Greta. He had just got back from Iraq, so maybe daddy has some post traumatic thing going on.

Nov 09 05 07:46 am Link

Model

Inamourada Flux

Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom

Did he spell it like that too? wink

Hmmm. Sounds like some superhero photographer or something.

Nov 09 05 08:28 am Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

cookie monster wrote:

No, according to the article, the dads name is Staff Sargeant Bill Cummings and his wife, Greta. He had just got back from Iraq, so maybe daddy has some post traumatic thing going on.

... i would still think mom would have some kind of say in the matter... 

id still get a name change later in life...

Nov 09 05 09:18 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

If you name a child based on technology, obsolescence will dictate his/her replacement in 18 months or so.

Nov 09 05 09:37 am Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

Maybe the next child will be named Version 2.0

Nov 09 05 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Everybody wants to be different. You can look up the names of Frank Zappa's kids, and you'll find Moon Unit, Dweezil and Ahmet. The ones that are really bad, are the names that utilize both first and last names. The story goes, Mr. leer owner of the plane manufactures, named his daughter Chanda. Chanda Leer. Not cute, if you ask me.

Nov 09 05 10:42 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Dredful Jaymz wrote:
The story goes, Mr. leer owner of the plane manufactures, named his daughter Chanda. Chanda Leer. Not cute, if you ask me.

True.  Bill Lear's daughter was named Crystal Shanda.  I went to school with a girl named Penny Nichols.  After the first date I discovered she wasn't worth a dime...

Nov 09 05 11:17 am Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

Dredful Jaymz wrote:
Everybody wants to be different. You can look up the names of Frank Zappa's kids, and you'll find Moon Unit, Dweezil and Ahmet. The ones that are really bad, are the names that utilize both first and last names. The story goes, Mr. leer owner of the plane manufactures, named his daughter Chanda. Chanda Leer. Not cute, if you ask me.

wasnt one starchild or something like that too?

Nov 09 05 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

cookie monster wrote:

No relation to me.

Nov 09 05 01:10 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

When I named my son I went through every name with one thought: "will he hate me later for this"

His name is Aidan Blake. It fits him so well.

Megapixel is absolutely the worst name I have ever heard.

Nov 09 05 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:

Worse than Apple?

Nov 09 05 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

People are missing the most pertinent phrase in the original post.  These 6 words should tell you a lot about the situation:

cookie monster wrote:
I read in the National Enquirer...

Nov 09 05 01:32 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

C R Photography wrote:

Worse than Apple?

Yep worse than Apple.

Nov 09 05 02:10 pm Link

Model

dustin or something

New York, New York, US

Model Sarah wrote:
When I named my son I went through every name with one thought: "will he hate me later for this"

Aidan Blake is such a kick ass name!  you did well!

Nov 09 05 02:45 pm Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Yeah, well then you look at Bill Gates who names his daughter Adell.

Duh. big_smile

Nov 09 05 03:02 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

area291 wrote:
True.  Bill Lear's daughter was named Crystal Shanda.  I went to school with a girl named Penny Nichols.  After the first date I discovered she wasn't worth a dime...

LMAO!
Id rather be Penny Nichols than "Pilot Inspektor" (yes... that is the CORRECT spelling), which is what Jason Lee and his wife named their son.... and yes... Pilot Inspektor is worse than Apple or Megapixel in my book.

Nov 09 05 03:14 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

mydividedunity wrote:

Aidan Blake is such a kick ass name!  you did well!

This is him:

https://tinypic.com/fjp7ia.jpg

Nov 09 05 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Well I know we have some Mom's and Dad's to be on this website ... how many here think that an unusal name is better than a common name?  Like Lumix, or Apple over John and Sara?

What are you thinking of naming your future child?

Nov 09 05 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

There is a stock boy who works the midnight shift. He is 18, and still lives with his parents. I don't think he has a car, because his dad picks him up as I come to open the studio, anyway, I heard his dad called him buttmunch. It may be the heavy Ukranian accent, but its sounds JUST LIKE buttmunch to me, which is worse than Apple in my book.

Nov 09 05 03:48 pm Link

Model

Zab

Ellenton, Florida, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Well I know we have some Mom's and Dad's to be on this website ... how many here think that an unusal name is better than a common name?  Like Lumix, or Apple over John and Sara?

What are you thinking of naming your future child?

Unusual names are SOOOO much better!
Look at me for instance *LOL*

If I ever have a daughter I'd name her "Phaedra" smile

Nov 09 05 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

Zabrena wrote:

Unusual names are SOOOO much better!
Look at me for instance *LOL*

If I ever have a daughter I'd name her "Phaedra" smile

Zabrena, with your beauty, you would give birth to an angel.

Nov 09 05 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

cookie monster wrote:
I read in the National Enquirer that a couple in Westover Indiana, named their child Megapixal. Call me what you will, but I like the name so much, I now call my three year old Bassett Hound the same name. He is a stuborn dog and never comes regardless of what you call him, so I doubt he minds.

What would you call a dog with no legs?

Don't bite on this, please

NO hate mail for those that know the answer

Doesn't matter, it won't come anyway

Nov 09 05 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

The worst name I've heard yet.. and I've heard many... My normal job I do shipping & recieving for an electronics distribution company...  Anyways I had to ship a bulb to the customer for their tv... Now the street name was kinda funny.. "Pudding Road".

But the client's name cause me to bust out laughing for awhile...

Tranni Sedicum

What is wrong with that name? It just screams to be picked on.

Nov 09 05 09:48 pm Link

Model

Memi Haute

I think the parents should be shot. lol

I think the name Pirate is cute, but the names I love the most are Erik, Beowulf, Aurora, Aislinn, Sarah, and Cara.

Nov 11 05 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Reflections

Model Sarah wrote:

A lady down the street from here has her daughter named Bolognese (yes, after the sauce..the night she found out she was pregnant she went to an italian restaurant and just loved the way the waiter said it...and no I'm not making this shit up) and her son is named Darius Rucker (and you thought she couldn't beat being named after sauce../shudder)

Nov 11 05 07:08 pm Link