Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Has anyone been to Belize

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

For vacation, mostly.  My wife and I are thinking of going there for our 5th anniversary and wanted to get feedback from others who have gone.  Any nice, romantic places?  Any places to avoid?  And since I'm sure I'll bring the camera, any photo locales to recommend?

Nov 12 05 02:49 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I've been to Belize once.  It is a gorgeous place.  I'd recommend checking out the Belize Zoo.  It's definitely a little more rustic than say the San Diego Zoo...lol.  But there are some really unique animals and birds.  And, it's the closest I've ever been to most of the animals.  Worth an afternoon I thought. 

Enjoy your vacation!
Susi

Nov 13 05 07:06 am Link

Model

flnative

Joshua Gottesman wrote:
For vacation, mostly.  My wife and I are thinking of going there for our 5th anniversary and wanted to get feedback from others who have gone.  Any nice, romantic places?  Any places to avoid?  And since I'm sure I'll bring the camera, any photo locales to recommend?

I've not been..... Now, if you were asking about Costa Rica....

I have read, and heard from friends that have gone, that the diving is unreal!  So...get certified (if you aren't already) before you go!

smile

Nov 13 05 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Bob4friends

Marietta, Georgia, US

I don't know anything about belize, except the rants & raves about the diving there...its supposed to be one of the best places in the world to dive. But because of that, its apparently expensive ( relative to other resorts ). Supposed to be abundance of wildlife too...great for shooting ( camera ).

If you ever decide on Jamaica, I have an apt. there for $200 weekly ;-)

Nov 13 05 07:28 am Link

Photographer

JBPhoto

Belleville, Michigan, US

WEnt there last year.  It was one of three stops on a cruise, so I didn't have to worry about driving.  It was beautiful there, although I had to see everything I could in eight hours.

Nov 13 05 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

JBPhoto

Belleville, Michigan, US

WEnt there last year.  It was one of three stops on a cruise, so I didn't have to worry about driving.  It was beautiful there, although I had to see everything I could in eight hours.

Nov 13 05 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thanks for the feedback so far...we've booked the trip and are quite excited!  Any suggestions as to where to go/what to do are appreciated.  We're not divers, so that's out, though.

Nov 14 05 12:25 pm Link