Forums > Model Colloquy > Photographer Blacklist?

Model

Gala Gutter

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Is there any such thing for us to report shady photographers who refuse to give releases, use images of poor quality without consent?  And make up excuses when asked for releases?

Aug 07 07 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Haick

Richmond, California, US

no, but we should probably have one for models, too.

Aug 07 07 09:09 pm Link

Model

Gala Gutter

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

I know of a few for models.

Aug 07 07 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Philippe Ricci

Orlando, Florida, US

sounds like something I can get behind.

Aug 07 07 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

MOVING ON

Dahlonega, Georgia, US

There should be! There should also be one for models who show up late, if at all, expect us to make them look like someone that they are not, and want it all for free and immediately. Maybe you start one for photogs and I'll start one for models and pretty soon most everyone on MM will be blacklisted. Better idea, instead of blacklisting anyone why not just get an agent, oh wait, thats why many models are on MM, they can't. Why not just be careful in selecting who we work with by asking for references or asking questions up front and using discernment, whether you are a model or a photog or anyone else. Maybe there should be a whitelist for people who are proven to be professional? But you could not call it a whitelist, maybe call it a Prolist, and you get a ranking voted on by the people that you have worked with in the past, like a 1-10 rating. AH, who knows.

Aug 07 07 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Gala Gutter wrote:
Is there any such thing for us to report shady photographers who refuse to give releases, use images of poor quality without consent?  And make up excuses when asked for releases?

Yep, it's called networking.

Aug 07 07 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

MOVING ON

Dahlonega, Georgia, US

Wait a minute, by poor quality or shady do you mean like the picture on your port where you are pulling your panties down to the floor or the one looking straight up at your butt that is light to show every bump on your legs?

Aug 07 07 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Arlund

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Can I be the 1st to be on the blacklist? Sounds creepy.
Me Me Me Me!!!

Aug 07 07 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Pardue Photography

Oakland, California, US

Gala Gutter wrote:

If there were, could I be on the list?  i like being on lists, or having lists, so I don't forget things

Aug 07 07 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I'm curious why a model would be so eager to sign a release?

Aug 07 07 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Campagna Photography

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

eric de la force wrote:
Wait a minute, by poor quality or shady do you mean like the picture on your port where you are pulling your panties down to the floor or the one looking straight up at your butt that is light to show every bump on your legs?

!!! OUCH!!!

Aug 07 07 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

JLC Images

Phillipsburg, New Jersey, US

Gala Gutter wrote:

Unless you paid for the shoot or signed a contract I can't imagine him needing consent to post images.  Why did you shoot without signing a release?

p.s. Did she really need a slam against her port for asking a question?

Aug 07 07 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

eric de la force wrote:

Oh Snap Homie! Them be some harsh words you is speaking.

Aug 07 07 09:41 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

eric de la force wrote:

This was the equivalent of getting a Brazilian wax.

Ouch..

Aug 07 07 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Los Angeles, California, US

lmaoooooooo@ Nick.... I didn't say it, but I sure was thinkin it big_smile

Aug 07 07 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Art Photography Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

eric de la force wrote:

Ouchy.

Aug 07 07 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Bentley Photography

Westcliffe, Colorado, US

Gala Gutter wrote:

NO.  Just like there isn't this:

O.k., so why put your age at something so, well, all I can think of is "dumb".  Obviously you are not 101 years old, so I guess you just don't want people to know.  But, if i am browsing for a model you won't show up on the list because this site is set for 19 to 51 years old unless you adjust it.

When I am doing a search I generally skew the age "somewhat", but not that far from the standard set by MM. So if you put 99 on your age I'll miss it.  Maybe I'm better off for it because maybe you are too inhibited.

BUT! If you really are 99 then I definately want to shoot with you.

As`long as I am at it I may as well bring up the subject of having two (or more) ports for the same thing, such as a certain model from Iowa that has her port in Nigeria and Russia.

Or, maybe your are NOT 18 and just want to fake it as well.

Aug 07 07 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

There is a black list web site somewhere.  There are threads about it on MM somewhere.

Aug 07 07 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Art Photography Ottawa

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Christopher Ambler wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

Aug 07 07 09:51 pm Link

Model

Memi Haute

eric de la force wrote:

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/GKMcNeil/web%20stuff/Other/oh20snap.jpg

Aug 07 07 09:51 pm Link

Model

N i c o l e- Commercial

Lake Forest, Florida, US

eric de la force wrote:

whoops.....

Aug 07 07 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

eric de la force wrote:

Dude..... she's new to the site and if you read her port, you can see that she isn't one of those that think they're better than everyone else, quite the opposite (2nd paragraph).  Educate first.  Then, if that doesn't work, be a shit if you have to.  But that attack wasn't necessary....

And FWIW Eric - I really like your work....

Aug 07 07 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Xeris - Dwight

Austin, Texas, US

eric de la force wrote:

ROFLMAO!

Aug 07 07 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

eyelight

Moorpark, California, US

Gala Gutter wrote:

Killing a fly with a sledgehammer is never a good idea....  You might want to ask for some advice before attacking like this...

Aug 07 07 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Evans Photography

Houston, Alaska, US

eric de la force wrote:
There should be! There should also be one for models who show up late, if at all, expect us to make them look like someone that they are not, and want it all for free and immediately. Maybe you start one for photogs and I'll start one for models and pretty soon most everyone on MM will be blacklisted. Better idea, instead of blacklisting anyone why not just get an agent, oh wait, thats why many models are on MM, they can't. Why not just be careful in selecting who we work with by asking for references or asking questions up front and using discernment, whether you are a model or a photog or anyone else. Maybe there should be a whitelist for people who are proven to be professional? But you could not call it a whitelist, maybe call it a Prolist, and you get a ranking voted on by the people that you have worked with in the past, like a 1-10 rating. AH, who knows.

Yea,,,what he said!

Aug 07 07 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lucas Chapman

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Gala Gutter wrote:

No, but there should be a list of model hopefuls who have no clue about who as what rights...

Aug 07 07 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Carl J Speed II

San Antonio, Texas, US

Why do all the photographers feel the need to come into the model matters threads, then openly castigate the models??

Not being a WK here, but for as butthurt as you got when she asked the question, you would've have thought she had the audacity to post it in the photographer section.

editAfter seeing the port, I remove my comment from the record.

Aug 07 07 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Bentley Photography

Westcliffe, Colorado, US

Are still on this?  Hey, move over and give someone else a chance.

Aug 07 07 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

eric de la force wrote:

Well hello Mr. Sunshine.  Nothing like an unprovoked attack to brighten up everybody's day.

Aug 07 07 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Photography By Gary

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Christopher Ambler wrote:

Art Photography Ottawa wrote:
Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

My thought exactly. Curious minds want to know.

Aug 07 07 11:01 pm Link