Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > My Space V Friendster V MM V omp V Whoever Else..

Model

gsvb

New York, New York, US

Who do you thinks best ?
Howmany are you on ?
And how much time a day do you put aside for it ?

Please let me know..

Best Regards

Gary ( gsvb69)
www.myspace.com/garyspencermusic

Nov 13 05 06:02 pm Link

Model

Inamourada Flux

Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom

I hate MySpace. But I have a profile on it regardless (needed it to join a particular group, grumble grumble).

I'm on LiveJournal more than anything.

Nov 13 05 06:08 pm Link

Model

gsvb

New York, New York, US

Hey...sorry... whats live journal...I dont know that ?

Nov 13 05 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

House of Indulgence

New York, New York, US

I am on:

Friendster
Myspace
OMP
Musecube
Allmodelzone
Modelsanctum

* Friendster & Myspace I don't look at, at all since I am not looking to be validated with friendships from people I don't know.
* My OMP account is still around although i check it only onnce a week.
* Livejournal I use at least once a day to keep up with my close friends.
* Musecube, Allmodelzone and Modelsanctum I never look.

Basically my real life is too busy to spend so much time on the web. The net is fun but time consuming with no real benefits for me right now. Most all my business contacts are with people face to face.

Nov 13 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

I like Myspace, Multiply, Friendster is ok.. I get mostly spam messages through it though.

Nov 13 05 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I once signed up with LiveJournal and haven't used it since. Upon sign up I kept staring at the screen and couldn't figure out a damn thing. That place makes no sense whatsoever to me. Most of the sites make at least some sense to me - here, I signed p and see some forums are going on - the site lives. Can someone fill me in. What does LJ do?

Nov 13 05 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

My goodness, you get around the net a bit dont cha wink I stay on the related photography sites and thats about all.

Nov 13 05 08:32 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

all my friends on myspace, for the most part i know them.  or i met a couple on MM that are now on myspace friends list.  not just anyone can be on myspace with me as a friend.  my myspace friends list started out with most of the people i work with! LoL

sooo i'm a part of the following

Myspace-I check it atleast once a day, but its getting boring fast, but I do blog there

MM-I'm on here several times at my attempt to network

OMP-I personally am glad I didnt pay for that site, cause it has produced no work for me, but I still check it weekly.

Blackplanet-Umm yeah, if your not African American, you have probably never heard of this site.  I check it, if lucky, once a week.

Nov 13 05 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Kimpton

Taunton, Massachusetts, US

I'm familiar with black planet, at one point I actually had an account there.. Well that was well over 5 years or so ago. At the time I was forever browsing the personal ads over there... lol

Nov 13 05 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Ross

Naperville, Illinois, US

I was out visiting some friends in LA about this time last year and ~everybody~ I ran into was on Friendster. They all seemed to really dig it.  So when I got back to Chicago I registered, and it didn't do a damn thing for me.  There seems to be a whole different crowd here... and they don't do Friendster.

I like this place.  Its pretty laid back.  Plus I've actually met and photographed a few people from here.  I use it mostly to look at other people's work and see what's going on.

I'm on Myspace too.  It took me a while to warm up to it, but it definitely worked better for me than Friendster. 

OMP & Musecube-- tried them... didn't stick around long.

Live Journal-- I don't have the time to invest.  It looks pretty labor-intensive.

Nov 13 05 09:09 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

I like livejournal, but not for my model stuff.  I have a journal there and keep track of a lot of photography communities, but I don't post much of my work there.  It is a good way to stay in touch with people though and meet new people who have similar interests.

Nov 13 05 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Inferi,

seriously, how do you get started on LJ, I mean, I open the damn window (aka my profile) and there's just about nothing there. Blank stare of this place makes me wander what its purpose is. Can you give me a heads on where to start?

Thank you,

Mark

Nov 13 05 09:36 pm Link

Model

flnative

Ya know...I really like MySpace...it gives me a place to keep photos and blogs to keep others updated on my progress (I am training for and running a half marathon in January). I have designed it to fit my personality...from page layout to blog music....so, it's rather fun!
Also, I have learned quite a bit and met some really great people in the groups that I am in....  (There aren't many my age...or state of mind, I should say... around where I live.)

Then there's "here" of course....but, I am beginning to back off, as my free time is becoming more scarce.  But, I'll always drop in and say "hello" to friends, admire the circulating talent, interject a joke and possibly get into a little mischief.... !

lol  big_smile

Nov 14 05 07:41 am Link

Model

Kristina19

Tampa, Florida, US

I am on myspace, and it's great to use for posting updated photos of my vacations, and I also use it as an online journal to share with friends and family.  MM is great for networking when I want to moonlight out of retirement, but for the most part I enjoy both equally.

Nov 14 05 08:12 am Link

Model

Inamourada Flux

Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom

LiveJournal's pretty easy to use. Once you log in you can update your own journal and browse for communities... can be pretty addictive once you get going.

Nov 14 05 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

To many to name but i use the big 2...

Model Mayhem-Everyday

MySpace-2 times a week

(:------

Hj

Nov 14 05 08:31 am Link