Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Nadja vs Christy: Who's the greater supermodel?

Photographer

Gregory Michael King

Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland

I've been embroiled in a debate for the past couple of weeks over who is the greater supermodel, Christy Turlington or Nadja Auermann. And I'm curious to find out what the rest of you think.

With Christy, you have the perfect face and body but perhaps too perfect and one-dimensional. Every shot looks the same but wow! Every shot is to die for.

With Nadja, you have character and creativity, along with the longest legs in the business. Her face wouldn't neccesarily launch a thousand ships but every image you took would be dramatic.

My votes for Christy but what do you all think? And is there another that you think I've overlooked?

Nov 14 05 03:00 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Christy was definitely bigger, definitely left a bigger footprint. But Nadja was hypnotic. In real life, too.

Another you've overlooked. Several. But let's just briefly say that there's never been a better model than Kate. A few from previous eras were as amazing, made as big an impact (ie Verushka) but none better.

Nov 14 05 03:04 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

GMK wrote:
Christy Turlington or Nadja Auermann.

Who are they?

Nov 14 05 03:18 am Link

Model

Dominique de Merteuil

London, Arkansas, US

Nadja is nothing but a walking PERFECTION.
Perfect face, perfect body, and she also has this something extra that no other model has!!!

Nov 14 05 05:44 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I always hated Christy Turlington's nose. Therefore, I vote Nadja without knowing anything about her.

Nov 14 05 09:18 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

GMK wrote:
I've been embroiled in a debate for the past couple of weeks over who is the greater supermodel...

Why does this strike me as an odd thing to cause embroilment?

Nov 14 05 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

They are both beautiful models...
The question is whose career will stand the test of time.  smile

Rich

Nov 14 05 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Nadja gets my vote... an edgy superbabe fur sure with a face that could launch a 1000 ships... and Christy is just sooooooo 90's... wink

Nov 14 05 09:49 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I always loved both of those gals.  But Nadja I definitely loved more.  Christy was the beautiful girl next door but Nadya was stunning!

Nov 14 05 10:19 am Link