Forums > Photography Talk > Do you provide clothing for your models..?

Photographer

digital cowboy

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, US

Yes. Especially if I'm aiming for an exotic look or styling a shoot for a particular cultural appeal. Sometimes I see a model and know exactly how I want to work with him/her and they don't always have the required digs.
-=Jeff=-

Nov 26 05 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Depends on what i'm shooting and if she has the clothes to back it up.

Nov 26 05 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

Julia Gerace wrote:
what sizes are you buying?  i would think 5's would be reasonable - but I don't know...

Size two through six works best for me.

Nov 26 05 11:37 am Link

Photographer

rickOPIOLA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

over the past 2 years of providing clothes for most of my shoots (since i end up styling alot of my test shoots anyway) i've got a whole whack of clothes now with nowhere to put them...
because of this and other things (like lack of $$$) i've started to cut back on new purchases and gone back to trying to hook up with stylists/designers to colaborate with...
as for shopping for womens clothes, i actually like doing it... i love picturing my models in clothes i see on the racks... i love fashion so that helps too...
but you do get to the point where the clothes you really want to shoot are priced way out of your range...
it's really a dilemma because most models just don't have access to the kind of clothes that look best in a photograph because those types of clothes are usually too impractical, too expensive, too uncomfortable or sometimes all of the above...
so for at least the next little while i'll still be providing (and buying) and styling most of my shoots...
and as far as sizes go, most of the models i shoot with are within a very similar size range so most tops are small with some xs & medium, dresses up to size 4 and shoes 8 to 8-1/2...

Nov 26 05 12:21 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

rickOPIOLA wrote:
over the past 2 years of providing clothes for most of my shoots (since i end up styling alot of my test shoots anyway) i've got a whole whack of clothes now with nowhere to put them...
because of this and other things (like lack of $$$) i've started to cut back on new purchases and gone back to trying to hook up with stylists/designers to colaborate with...
as for shopping for womens clothes, i actually like doing it... i love picturing my models in clothes i see on the racks... i love fashion so that helps too...
but you do get to the point where the clothes you really want to shoot are priced way out of your range...
it's really a dilemma because most models just don't have access to the kind of clothes that look best in a photograph because those types of clothes are usually too impractical, too expensive, too uncomfortable or sometimes all of the above...
so for at least the next little while i'll still be providing (and buying) and styling most of my shoots...

why do you have to be so far away?!

smile

Nov 26 05 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

rickOPIOLA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

IsabelAurora wrote:

why do you have to be so far away?!

smile

i'm constantly asking myself that same question smile

Nov 26 05 12:25 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Olin Edizione

Brooklyn, New York, US

Well I a young up an coming designer so if anywhere needs a designer I'm you man, I lookin for someone to help me build my portfolio alsoThis friday dec. 2nd i'm having a fashion show and was wondering if anyone would like to take pictures of my designs. I been looking for photographers to help me build me portfolio, if you are interested email at [email protected] and I would give you more info

Nov 26 05 11:33 pm Link