Forums > Photography Talk > Sweat?..Perspiration?

Photographer

TeeGeeStudios

Omaha, Nebraska, US

Ok....should i say fake sweat or fake perpspiration?
   Either way, I have a model that wants to shoot this look.
   Will a spray bottle with water work? Is there a mixture of something I can make or buy that will bead up?

Nov 24 05 09:00 am Link

Photographer

JT Hodges

Austin, Texas, US

Try using baby oil (I like the kind that is in a gel form like aloe vera), then mist with water.

Nov 24 05 09:08 am Link

Nov 24 05 09:33 am Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Hot lights!

https://fotog.net/linda4.jpg

Model:  Linda Tran

-Don

Nov 24 05 09:57 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Men sweat

Women perspire

Studio36

Nov 24 05 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Surniak

Laurel, Maryland, US

Try glycerine it has a tendancy to not mix at all with most brands of high end makeups.
Good luck
G

Nov 24 05 07:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Constance The Artist

Chicago, Illinois, US

If you want to go the oil route, use an "oil sheen" spray. It goes on much more evenly and washes off much more easily.
After using the oil sheen (it sprays on like hairspray), just flick or spray on some water and you're good to go!

Nov 24 05 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

starmodels wrote:
Try using baby oil (I like the kind that is in a gel form like aloe vera), then mist with water.

This is what I do if I want it to look like a model is perspiring in one of my shoots.  If I want tears, I get a glass of water and put the "tears" on her cheek directly.  Although a couple of models have offered to release a few of their own tears for photos...  smile

Nov 24 05 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kuck

Columbia, Tennessee, US

Moraxian wrote:

This is what I do if I want it to look like a model is perspiring in one of my shoots.  If I want tears, I get a glass of water and put the "tears" on her cheek directly.  Although a couple of models have offered to release a few of their own tears for photos...  smile

See now there's my problem, if I want a model to cry I just make some mean comments...hmm

Maybe I'll try that next time

haha

Nov 24 05 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

Shawn Kuck wrote:

See now there's my problem, if I want a model to cry I just make some mean comments...hmm

Maybe I'll try that next time

haha

Hee hee... I don't want them to really cry, but considering the work I'm doing, tears work on the photos.  Thankfully a drop of water looks the same as a tear on a cheek...

M

Nov 25 05 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I actually prefer ordinary tap water from a spray bottle.  I like the fact that it goes on flat and dries unevenly, which is the way people really perspire.  I have yet to meet anyone who sweats in perfectly rounded droplets, so why add something so obviously fake to an image I'm trying to convince you is really happening?

Nov 25 05 12:57 pm Link