Forums > Photography Talk > http://www.modelplace.com/

Photographer

lasphotos

Oakland, California, US

Model Place,

Sorry I did not search the threads but saw this modelplace webpage which is an almost an exact copy of MM, whats up with that?  Is it the same creator or owner?

http://www.modelplace.com/

Nov 24 05 10:23 am Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

it is a template from myspace.com. If you study the website and pull the codes off you can see that it was originally taken from myspace.com

Nov 24 05 10:24 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

The search/browse section is set up almost completely identical.

Nov 25 05 12:09 am Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Does this mean the site is somehow illegitimate?

I joined recently and hoped it was another up-and-coming site like MM was a few months ago.

Nov 25 05 12:12 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I looked at it last weekend when MM was down and someone send me the link to this site.

It has the same format as MM, many of current members and many of the banned members from MM are on that place.

I saw that a MM member is a new moderator there.

So... all in all very similar, but it appears that their forums are not very active and I would guess that they are not growing at the speed of MM, since I know that that site was started maybe 3 months or so after MM.

Don't know too much about their policies, but they maybe more tolerant of nudes in avatars etc, or explicit erotic images in their portfolios, than Model Mayhem is.

The internet is big enough for all kind of sites.

Nov 25 05 12:18 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

splashswim

Cocoa Beach, Florida, US

Luis Solorzano wrote:
Model Place,

Sorry I did not search the threads but saw this modelplace webpage which is an almost an exact copy of MM, whats up with that?  Is it the same creator or owner?

http://www.modelplace.com/

Looks like an exact duplicate of MM with minimal changes to the colors ... probably someone paid some outsourcing show in India to create something - there were lots of postings on guru.com and other places for firms that would duplicate MM to the very last detail.

Nov 25 05 11:06 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

yeah I'm on there just for more exposure...doesn't really do anything since all the same people from here are on there...I'm not active in their forums at all smile

the only ONLY reason I am on there is because they allow me 120 pics (which I've only used like 35)...So I refer people there to look at more pictures

Nov 25 05 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Yeah I just posted some photos on that site also.  I also noticed that the photos show up better and are not degraded with a size change, which is one of my pet-peeves about modelmayhem.

Nov 25 05 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

digital cowboy

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, US

UdoR wrote:
I looked at it last weekend when MM was down and someone send me the link to this site.

Nothing to add to this topic, just to point out that I have an UdoR sighting on MM.

-=Jeff=-

Nov 26 05 05:36 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

This site is a rip-off of MYSPACE, so.... No biggie.

Nov 26 05 09:45 am Link