Forums > General Industry > Portfolio Sizes ... and now, Leave Behinds

Photographer

- null -

The "Portfolio Sizes" thread is really awesome. I learned a lot and read lots of cool advice.

Now, what about leave-behinds?

We know how to make a great portfolio to show to folks. So, what happens after the model walks out the door or the photographer gets the portfolio sent back to them?

What are the recommendations for leave-behinds? Models often leave compcards. I've heard of photographers printing mini-calendars.

What is best to print up as a "don't forget about me" thing for an agency to hold onto?

May 23 05 10:32 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
The "Portfolio Sizes" thread is really awesome. I learned a lot and read lots of cool advice.

Now, what about leave-behinds?

We know how to make a great portfolio to show to folks. So, what happens after the model walks out the door or the photographer gets the portfolio sent back to them?

What are the reccomendations for leave-behinds? Models often leave compcards. I've heard of photographers printing mini-calendars.

What is best to print up as a "don't forget about me" thing for an agency to hold onto?

cash..."payola"..bribes

May 23 05 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Photographers also have comp cards called promo pieces. They range in size and style. There are really no do's and don't as far as how many or how few, black & white or color. You can even do an electronic version of it in PDF, flash, slide show, etc. Just remeber this promo piece represents you and the work you put on it should be your best work and it should make a statement about the photographer. Also remember that as the photographer, you are responsible for everything on that picture. The makeup, the hair, the clothes and the model and you will be judged on all of it because you put that team together.

May 23 05 10:40 am Link

Photographer

- null -

I'm bumping my own thread. Tacky, yes. But this is an important query. Portfolios are all fine and good, but rather useless once they get sent back. Leave-behinds stick around. So, what do you use?.....

May 23 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Leave Behinds..come in three forms from me.....(1)Portfolio samples on DVD(also I include voice-over) along with Bio and also I have a mini 5x7 bound (2)book of samples that are more fine art images. And every six weeks I send out printed samples as a book marker of projects I am working on at the that time.

May 23 05 08:18 pm Link