Forums > General Industry > Question for models mostly but always for all-leaving

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Someone who I tried to help said she was leaving and I know some people are always fustrated with things for no one thing can please everyone.

more photo based than site based and why I ask the question here.

But industry wise what are your fustrations with this site or sites like this and please let us know if talking about all or just this site.

the model leaving told me that she was upset that no shoots were set up and too much talking..

For me..  I am just getting used to people and behind on my other shoots to do anything new unless it is real big pay.

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject of fustration with the industry and sites like this?

Not too much on the site and its policies but hey I am no moderator.

But hey I did somehow have moderator powers for most of the day for some weird reason and I only got rid of a sticky post which I still do not understand what that is but anywho?????

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject of fustration with the industry and sites like this?

May 23 05 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Good question MarkSora! Sometimes a persons expectations maybe a little too high when they are frustrated. If she is not getting the bookings she hoped for from being listed here, then she has every right to move on.

I remain a laid back California dude who does not expect much from being listed here. The rule of thumb for promotions is people are more inclined to "take action" towards buying a product or service when they have "heard" the name brand" seven times on average. So I look at this as promotional in value, so if I don't book a gig from here, that's alright. It might influence someone later on!

It's too bad that she was not happy with Model Mayhem.

May 23 05 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

I don't have frustrations about these kind of sites, it is what it is although based on the interesting forum discussions we have, a chat room would be nice.

May 23 05 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

if you think you are going to build a career online, you will be dissappointed..in my view, the online world is for networking and socializing..

May 23 05 10:30 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Fred Brown: 
chat room would be nice.

Pssst... we have one. It's the Shout Box. Thewre's also a java based chat link from the shout box.

May 23 05 10:32 pm Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I actually like sites like these, for me an amateur model it helps me get seen by different photog from everywhere, and I get alot of advice from these sites. I am sorry that she didn't like it but I have got a lot of connections for when I get back to the states from sites like these.

May 24 05 02:09 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by marksora: 

Well, it's an observation for me and not a frustration. Most public sites lack agency representation and client involvement. When I write agency, I mean all agencies, which includes stock image agency, brick-n-mortar commercial and design agency, etc., not just graphic design agencies. When I write client, I mean clients you'd see listed in the Photographer's market book, not just photographer or model clients actively seeking each other.

I've never had the expectation of finding paying work by being listed in MM, OMP, or MuseCube. I don't expect my website to bring in clients either. One still has to rely on the traditional footwork if you want to get paid.

May 24 05 02:22 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I'm wondering if English is your first language ;-)

Posted by marksora: 
Someone who I tried to help said she was leaving and I know some people are always fustrated with things for no one thing can please everyone.

more photo based than site based and why I ask the question here.

But industry wise what are your fustrations with this site or sites like this and please let us know if talking about all or just this site.

the model leaving told me that she was upset that no shoots were set up and too much talking..

May 24 05 07:27 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Okay,.  ENGLISH is not my first language. 

I am from the planet Mumble in the solor system of Run-on in the galaxy of what the F are you talkin bout. 

I am the leader of the Land of Make No Sense.

Got it,  get it,  write it down and now I am off to edit somewhat before I work today and leave you people to your own mess.

That is my story for all,  and for you extreme picky Artist person,  well get a dog and then have the dog translate my sentences.

Works for some on this site,  and works for me.

May 24 05 07:32 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Είναι όλα τα ελληνικά σε με

Posted by marksora: 

I am from the planet Mumble in the solor system of Run-on in the galaxy of what the F are you talkin bout. 

May 24 05 08:28 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Mazui manzuri naku

May 24 05 08:34 am Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I haven't really had problems with not getting enough work. My problem is that I get offers from people so far away from me. Like someone said above, the internet is best for meeting people and networking. You shouldn't depend completly on the internet for work.

May 24 05 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Chapa

Austin, Texas, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
if you think you are going to build a career online, you will be dissappointed..in my view, the online world is for networking and socializing..

i look at online sites as simple networking resources...i haven't been on MM very long, but have set up a few shots locally, and have a couple of dozen girls nation wide who are interested in working with me at some point...

and over the last year, OMP, with as much of a beating as it has taken, has provided me with the opportunity to work with experienced and not so experienced models alike...on a consistent basis...

networking...

and let's not forget all the valuable(and not so valuable) information that we share with each other on these threads...there are times when i'd much rather read the bickering, because it's possible to get perspectives on these subjects that you wouldn't normally get from a book, magazine or online review...

May 24 05 09:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Fred Brown: 
I don't have frustrations about these kind of sites, it is what it is although based on the interesting forum discussions we have, a chat room would be nice.

Hey, yeah! A Chat Room would be nice...

May 24 05 10:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

I agree... Listen to Master Swinskey... He is wise.

May 24 05 10:10 am Link

Model

Mz Nova

Portland, Oregon, US

yeah..;i am not really getting much myself, but at least involvement with an interactive website makes me think i am going somewhere, even though i am not.  same with omp, i have had offeres from some rpety bad photographers, a few semi-pro's who i have shot with, and an agency that is just starting up, but nothing more or paying. meh, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, i am meant to be a musician

May 24 05 10:50 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

well

May 27 05 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Fred Brown: 
chat room would be nice.

Pssst... we have one. It's the Shout Box. Thewre's also a java based chat link from the shout box.

Never noticed, I'll have to take a look.

May 27 05 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

I'm yet to do a shoot with a model that I've met here.  I don't really expect much, but I'd like to see a lot more meaningful networking and a lot less socializing.  Taking the time to provide thoughtful comments on photos might be a good start.   

May 28 05 11:00 pm Link