Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Sep 22 07 07:20 am Link

Model

N i c o l e- Commercial

Lake Forest, Florida, US

PYPI wrote:
I'm going to bump this to another page because Nicole fubared the page when she was obsessing about eye candy.

sad   !  sorry!    sad

gosh, and you know i felf bad about it too!  sad

Sep 22 07 07:26 am Link

Model

N i c o l e- Commercial

Lake Forest, Florida, US

Alpha Design wrote:
It took me about 1/2 an hour to read through this whole thread but Ill post for  3 reasons :

1) My portfolio is filled with this "man candy" of which you speak ; dont know how to post a pic so you'll have to look for yourself

2) To answer Trevina's question to some degree

3) To ask something that I have been wary of asking before that I can stick in this thread instead of starting my own and causing problems

Trevina, the dude that you are talking about is one of the easy one's to spot.  Of course its a fine line between being wary/open and wary/jaded.  I had 2 clients (actually contestants since we are trying to do reality TV - I know its beneath everybody cause Ive gotten the emails :-) who went to castings for very reputable and established photographers here in NYC :

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT : the castings took hours (yes more than 2) and both models were asked to get erect so the photog could see how they filled out underwear - yes he then took pictures/polaroids

Both models are very new and though it felt wrong to them they thought (and were lead to believe) that this was totally normal practice to be told to get an erection in their underwear and then have it photoed for "underwear model" possibilities.  Fucken absolute nonsense - but then again these were established persons in the community and that position of power lead these models to be less than aware that they were being manipulated.

It seems to be that there is alot of talk about GWC's from the female models, but I am wondering if it is taboo to speak of the agencies and photographers who are well established but manipulative and just unethical.  Actually Im sure it is taboo-when has it ever been acceptable to question those who are "in charge."

Im just wondering what I can tell the people who work with me and how to go about finding out the real reputation of a person.  References dont really work as no one wants to "rat" on a reputable person in the industry - hmmmm maybe I just answered my own question - but felt it was important to just put this out there and let Trevina know that she's not alone in this.

REPOSTED ON NEW PAGE

Sep 22 07 07:27 am Link

Model

N i c o l e- Commercial

Lake Forest, Florida, US

Alpha Design wrote:
TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT : the castings took hours (yes more than 2) and both models were asked to get erect so the photog could see how they filled out underwear - yes he then took pictures/polaroids

Both models are very new and though it felt wrong to them they thought (and were lead to believe) that this was totally normal practice to be told to get an erection in their underwear and then have it photoed for "underwear model" possibilities.  Fucken absolute nonsense - but then again these were established persons in the community and that position of power lead these models to be less than aware that they were being manipulated.

It seems to be that there is alot of talk about GWC's from the female models, but I am wondering if it is taboo to speak of the agencies and photographers who are well established but manipulative and just unethical.  Actually Im sure it is taboo-when has it ever been acceptable to question those who are "in charge."

Im just wondering what I can tell the people who work with me and how to go about finding out the real reputation of a person.  References dont really work as no one wants to "rat" on a reputable person in the industry - hmmmm maybe I just answered my own question - but felt it was important to just put this out there and let Trevina know that she's not alone in this.

wow...  while i can't speak on this from a Man's POV, i have honestly never looked at it from that angle.    i'd hate to show my lack of knowledge to this subject but, is this normal?  i mean, i've never heard someone state that they have had to do this for an underwear casting

Sep 22 07 07:36 am Link

Photographer

F R A I M

Prescott Valley, Arizona, US

would love a pm with the mm# of the tog...

Sep 22 07 10:14 am Link

Model

Su Zanne

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Shaken Ikon Imaging wrote:
would love a pm with the mm# of the tog...

I'll send it

Sep 22 07 02:28 pm Link

Model

Renee Vervain

Beverly Hills, California, US

Solomage wrote:
What's wrong with shooting outside on a car in a thong?....jezzzzz

Been to a car show lately?

Lol really tho

Mar 24 13 12:19 am Link

Model

S. Stark

Los Angeles, California, US

RANSOM is on the front page of this thread, along with others I haven't seen here in YEARS! 

Myspace?

Shit's old!

This thread is from 2007.

Mar 24 13 01:11 am Link

Photographer

Sedition1216

Buffalo, New York, US

This might be the most entertaining thread I have seen on here...

Mar 24 13 01:43 am Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Sedition wrote:
This might be the most entertaining thread I have seen on here...

Definitely entertaining! It was the funniest thing I have read all year!

Mar 24 13 01:50 am Link

Photographer

DG at studio47

East Ridge, Tennessee, US

Shandra Stark wrote:
RANSOM is on the front page of this thread, along with others I haven't seen here in YEARS! 

Myspace?

Shit's old!

This thread is from 2007.

old? this is time tripping fer shizzle sista gurl. Bill and Ted's thug adventure.

Mar 24 13 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Cai Cai

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Can someone send me the MM# that you speak of too? Curiosity is killing me now. Thanks.

Mar 24 13 02:25 am Link

Photographer

Sedition1216

Buffalo, New York, US

Mar 24 13 02:31 am Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

I don't lose respect for myself when I do something I'd only do for money (for example, have crappy photos of myself in a thong).

I find that to be perfectly respectable.

Edit: Damn, this thread got my braaaaaains.

Mar 24 13 02:35 am Link

Makeup Artist

SimoneThaMua

Houston, Texas, US

Im New To The Whole Modeling Thing And I Talk To QsFlava Management Myself And Was Thinking About Signing With Him . Now That Im Reading All Of This Should I ?? Im Really Looking To Do Work And I Need All The Help I Can Get. What Should I Do ??

Dec 16 13 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Shante Pouncy wrote:
Im New To The Whole Modeling Thing And I Talk To QsFlava Management Myself And Was Thinking About Signing With Him . Now That Im Reading All Of This Should I ?? Im Really Looking To Do Work And I Need All The Help I Can Get. What Should I Do ??

May I ask how you came upon this thread - I'm curious?

It was originally posted in 2007.

Dec 16 13 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

FEN RIR Photo

Westminster, Colorado, US

I got curious and Googled "Qs Flavas Management" and this thread came up, lol...

Dec 17 13 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Shante Pouncy wrote:

What do you want to do?

When you figure that out, find other people that are doing it.

Dec 17 13 03:28 pm Link

Model

Tina Latina

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Am I the only one reading this thread? Or is no one paying attention to what the model that started this thread is posting? The model that began this thread stated Q from Q's Model Management approached her about a photo shoot. She never said she was signed to Q's Model Management. In fact she stated she had her own manager that wasn't Q & she told Q she was going to discuss the photo shoot with her own manager. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think that's very smart & professional. So instead of people bashing this model that began the thread actually read what the thread is about. This thread is about would you work with Q's Model Management. And thank you for making this thread because I received the answers I needed about Q's Model Management before I even signed. I was already hesitant & told him I most likely wasn't interested. But I wanted to do some research before completely saying no. So thank you.

May 16 15 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Probably

as the opening post was made 8 years ago

May 16 15 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

How long can a dead post live?

4eva!

May 16 15 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This tune comes to mind when I see this thread's date ..
Zombies on the dance floor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBmSDx1P7Rg

May 16 15 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Tina Latina wrote:
Am I the only one reading this thread? Or is no one paying attention to what the model that started this thread is posting? The model that began this thread stated Q from Q's Model Management approached her about a photo shoot. She never said she was signed to Q's Model Management. In fact she stated she had her own manager that wasn't Q & she told Q she was going to discuss the photo shoot with her own manager. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think that's very smart & professional. So instead of people bashing this model that began the thread actually read what the thread is about. This thread is about would you work with Q's Model Management. And thank you for making this thread because I received the answers I needed about Q's Model Management before I even signed. I was already hesitant & told him I most likely wasn't interested. But I wanted to do some research before completely saying no. So thank you.

Did you notice that her profile says "Currently signed to Q's Flavas Model Management."    That not a good thing?  Oh damn this thread is ancient!  tongue

May 16 15 08:05 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Trevina wrote:
i was looking thru the castings(ny) area and seen a photographer(i can take better pix with my camera phone) and seen his pics and the things he is casting for and i just think its crazy how he is actually on here. i know i know my port is in need of major work. but if you see him its like he is worst then a gwc cause a least a gwc would have a real camera. and i even seen him nake d in a pic with the "model". he asked me before to shoot and i said i will talk to my manager and he said i dont work with ppl with managers and hung up on me.

to the point i know he offers pay(25 an hour) but i want to know how much is your respect worth. i had a girl he worked with and she was very upset cause he had her shoot outside on parked cars in a thong and she said the shoot was the worst (not blaming this guy) but again she should have seen his pics and knew hers would be no different and how much could someone pay you to lose your respect.

sorry for the long post

Zombie attack!

We can chose who we work with. However, if you did not like his portfolio [edit] and have never shot with him, and turned him down, why you feel the need to bash him here with it.

I see, you know a girl he worked with who was upset, yet, you are 'not blaming this guy,' wait, yes you are, it appears your post is a rant on a personal level.

Jen

May 17 15 03:05 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

SimoneThaMua wrote:

Oh my, now that I am on the zombie dance floor I have to say this post is crazy. Every word is capitalized, the syntax is off. It was the only post by this mua and she never came back to see the replies to her ??

Pshh!

May 17 15 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

The F-Stop wrote:
How long can a dead post live?

4eva!

Someone had to dig deep to revive this zombie thread.   big_smile

May 17 15 03:44 am Link

Model

Magda Kulpinska

Paris, Île-de-France, France

OK whilst this IS funny, why don't we just help out OP with actually giving her an answer....

Well, there will always be GWC's and stupid chicks willing to shoot corny photos for 25 USD. So.... it's weird but that's the way it is!

May 17 15 01:32 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

May 17 15 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Moderator Note!
Just FYI, this thread is from 2007. OP is long gone.

May 17 15 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Rik Austin wrote:

This is a good thing. Everything is right with the world. Didn't make it past the first week of Idol!!:-))))

May 17 15 02:17 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Rik Austin wrote:

Yeah, some of us figured as much.

May 17 15 02:21 pm Link