Photographer

David Holloway

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

If I ever get a chance to hire an MUA, what is going rates and do the MUA's supply their own equipment?

Are there any good MUA's in the San Diego area?

David

May 24 05 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

I have been charged 0.00 as in Trade for their books... up to 150.00 that someone wanted to charge... well I di not hire her - but 75 seems to be going rate - it all depends on what they do - hair, makeup - only hair - only makeup etc.

May 24 05 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

seems most are going to full and half day rates...

May 24 05 08:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

The Beauty Artist

Troy, Michigan, US

Usually I charge either full or half day rates, occasionally I will charge per look (thats usually when i do something like headshots though..) And yes there are quite a few really good artists in San Diego. Go to www.themakeupstudio.com and post in there networking forum. Everyone on that site is pro for the most part, so im sure you will find someone smile

May 24 05 09:22 pm Link

Model

Richmond, California, US

I have full and half day rates...wedding rates too.
I bring all the makeup, and do styling as well (hair) thus, my rates are a bit higher.

75 is the going rate for MUA
I charge 385 for 3 looks with hair (basically, a half day)

20.00 a face or to change a look after that.

Sun

May 25 05 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Wayne Sclesky

Kansas City, Missouri, US

For model testing most makeup artists I have worked with charge $150 for 3 looks. These are professional artists who do exceptional work. Those same artist for commercial work charge around $500 for a day rate. These are average's, some are going to charge less and some are going to charge more. Look for an artist with a great book and one where the images are not retouched digitally so you can see how good they really are. And yes they have their own equipment. Good luck!

Wayne

May 25 05 09:01 am Link