Forums > General Industry > I think it's just me

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I seem to analyze everything for no reason what-so-ever! Like for instance, people try to put characters in front of their names so they will show up first on the Who's Online list. Is the cry for attention that loud to anyone else?

Now back to my observation? Is it just me or do some people without those special characters still appear at the top of that Who's Online List?

Jun 01 05 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

same with those damn aardvarks..spelling thier names with two A's , just so they'd be listed first in the excyclopedias....

Jun 01 05 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 
same with those damn aardvarks..spelling thier names with two A's , just so they'd be listed first in the excyclopedias....

Hey Opposums do it too so they can get ahead by one letter.

Jun 01 05 07:38 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Doug Swinskey: 

HAHAHA!!!

Freakin' aardvarks.

Jun 02 05 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

wow, so there's some advantage I have due to my name and I've never even known about it??? Well, I never read the homepage anyway, I wonder what I'm missing? Not that I'm sure what the advantage of being listed first there is though....

Jun 02 05 07:30 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

The advantage of being listed first is that the English language is read and written from left to right / top to bottom. I don't know anyone in their right mind who opens a page in a book and starts reading from the middle of the page or from the bottom of the page. So being listed first, in a section of the site that is stored in the upper left hand corner of the main page is a huge advantage.

The advantage...in any competition should be used to its fullest, and don't be lead to believe that we don't all compete against each other in public forums like this for the most attention, because we do. The advantage of the Aardvark is greater than that of the Rabbit when listed alphabetically in the dictionary, in a road race; the advantage will favor the Rabbit.

Listed alphabetically, Aaron should be listed before Quincy, but when Quincy is listed before Aaron on a list that is clearly setup to display information alphabetically, the question becomes; is there an unfair advantage?

Jun 02 05 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by EMG STUDIOS: 
I seem to analyze everything for no reason what-so-ever! Like for instance, people try to put characters in front of their names so they will show up first on the Who's Online list. Is the cry for attention that loud to anyone else?

Attention whores represent!!

Jun 02 05 05:13 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I start reading from the middle or the bottom of the page quite often. What does this say about me?

I'm not sure how many people are actually clicking through the "who's online" section to see new people's work. I would think they's use the browse function, which is not in alphabetical order.

Posted by EMG STUDIOS: 
The advantage of being listed first is that the English language is read and written from left to right / top to bottom. I don't know anyone in their right mind who opens a page in a book and starts reading from the middle of the page or from the bottom of the page. So being listed first, in a section of the site that is stored in the upper left hand corner of the main page is a huge advantage.

Jun 03 05 12:26 am Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

I actually have looked through the "who's online" list for fun, and usually don't make it to the end...
I guess there is some advantage there, but who cares right. They do that on yahoo too ... a_hot_girl5000932839872983
Wow, what a unique name!

Jun 03 05 12:40 am Link