Forums > General Industry > SLOW???? Is it me or the site??? Anyone?

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

Is it jsut me or is MM - just super slow?????

I hope its me - but yet I do not think it is..

Jun 01 05 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Read the first post in the "I'm out of here" thread at the top of this forum.

Jun 01 05 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

ah - know issue - thanks

Jun 01 05 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Jun 02 05 01:32 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Seems to load pretty quickly for me no problem, but then again someone mentioned the site was full of google ads, but I dont see any ads on the site ( *hugs his adblock extension on firefox* ), site's performance can be sometimes affected by the ads they use within, but not always the case.

Jun 02 05 02:54 am Link

Photographer

ChrisL

Zachary, Louisiana, US

Posted by Karl Blessing: 
Seems to load pretty quickly for me no problem, but then again someone mentioned the site was full of google ads, but I dont see any ads on the site ( *hugs his adblock extension on firefox* ), site's performance can be sometimes affected by the ads they use within, but not always the case.

Karl, thanks for pointing out that plug-in.  I downloaded it and now the site runs a little bit faster. 

Jun 02 05 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Very slow, which is why I haven't been posting much the past 3 days.  Hmm, maybe that's a good thing.

Jun 02 05 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

first off,  yes, VM 3 days rest is just enough to miss you dear.

Second,
you really do not want to know.

Third,
brent!!!  Are you going to post this everywhere again and again till your head explodes.

(just joking  or as the others say LOL---)

4th
What is that all about, you diss someone then say LOL and think it is OK.  Just a joke.  What the F is that?

5th see number 2

6th,
How slow is slow?  My two main computers are being fixed on the slow boat to China.  I am on  a 6400 with a 603 chip with a 28.8 modem and it is not bad.  Try loading OMP on my system right now.  (PS I do not hate OMP but too much not important information floating around.)

What system are you folks that are complaining using?

7th the benefits of a slow web site or a slow computer

The top ten (a work in progress)

10. gives me time to workout while the page loads

9. My room is clean(be quiet Hana, well clean for me anyway, well it was this morning.)

8. If I had a girlfriend, we could have sex while the page loaded. I could just load a long thread, it all depends.

7. I can cook a meal while a page loads, then read it, click another one and eat the food while the next one loads.

6. I can take my dog for a walk while a page loads. sometimes a few city blocks and it is still not ready...

5 the big threads with a lot of action cannot load at all so it keeps me out of trouble.

4. Gives the moderators a rest for the time it is down, Hmmmm, now that I think about it, that telephone repair person looked familiar

Anyone have any to add.... I am bored for I have to find an old photoshop to load before i can edit.

4a I am actually watching Tv and not just listening to it. And I have called many people.

3 I have found things I have not seen in years in my room.

2.  (wait I got a good 2) I stopped you people from yelling at each other.
==
Someone else load 2 and 1 for I bet I logged out doing this.

Jun 02 05 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Okay I know what No.1 is unless I hear a better one.

The rule to trump and conquer all rules on MM.

NO CRYING ON MM.  THERE IS NO CRYING ALLOWED.

Jun 02 05 07:38 pm Link

Model

Jin

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

It's slow loading for me too.  But I have a crappy computer.  lol  It could just be too much bandwidth and his server can't handle it.  I have my pop ups disabled, so if there are any then I don't get them.  Also, you guys might want to clear all your cookies once in a while.  That'll mess up with websites sometimes.

Jun 02 05 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Well if the hosting chosen to host this wasnt planed ahead, it may be the fact that activity jumped pretty quickly in the last two months.

https://www.alexa.com/data/details/traf … mayhem.com

hosting may be due for an upgrade hehe.

Jun 02 05 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I do have a thought.
(Yes children gather round for such a rare occasion.  look, look, loook,  Mark has a thought.)

My thought being the avatars.  Is all that information being sucked from large files or small files? 

The avatars on all the threads or even all the threads being read can add up to much space.

==
update for below

Yes,  I cannot check the properties easily on my machine.

So much for thinking,  it hurts anyway.

Jun 02 05 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Robbie Wolf Photography

Phoenix, Arizona, US

It appears the avatars are small thumbnails. If you're on a PC in Internet Explorer, you can right click on the image, go to "properties" on the pop-up menu and it will tell you the image size of the source file.

Right now it is running ok. Its not lightning fast but its been working and useable the last few days.

Jun 02 05 10:04 pm Link