Forums > General Industry > Has anyone ever done business

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

I was wondering if anyone has ever done business with with a compnay called www.digitalliquidators.com. These guys prices seem to good to be true. There offfering a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II for $4,949.00.

Jun 02 05 12:42 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Check out this link:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2375.html

(Almost all customers VERY DISSATISFIED!)

Jun 02 05 12:48 am Link

Photographer

BlackSkyPhoto

Danville, California, US

GREY MARKET??????

Stay Away...

Jun 02 05 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

Thanks For the link I knew these guys were to good to be true. I'll stick with B&H.

Jun 02 05 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

ok whats wrong with grey market?

Jun 02 05 01:28 am Link

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Grey market is often refurbished from the manufacturer ala Fry's Electronics, or in a non US based format such as PAL... which is REALLY what you need to be cautious of. The manufacturer's warranties are still usually valid.

I've dealt with that company in that past with great success but that is MY experience.

Jun 02 05 05:45 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

gray market is not refurbished, it's product originally intended for markets in another country, but it is (is supposed to be anyway) brand new. The problem is that it won't have a US warranty and if there's a problem the repair process will be very long or might not be covered at all. But if you want to gamble on not needing a major repair during the warranty period then you can save a few bucks.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about Digitalluquidators. You can still get good deals even from the scammiest dealers if you're very careful in how you deal with them or just by luck of the draw. But the point is that they are masters of bait and switch and other disreputable practices. Not every indivudual might be a victim, especially depending on which types of items they buy and how aware they are of the scummy practices, but they are on the lookout for people to take advantage of.

Jun 02 05 07:18 am Link