Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Sanitation - Do you submerge your brushes?

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Evil Kitty Kreations wrote:
i use warm water & conditioning shampoo first to get the bristles really clean and supple, then follow up with a dip in alcohol to disinfect, rinse with cold water, blot then lay them flat on a clean towel to dry overnight.

this is what I do.

Sep 16 10 07:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Stephanie Maulding wrote:

Oh of course!  Thank you, that's the part my brain wasn't connecting. smile

no problem Im 9 month pregnant and my brain hasnt really worked or connected with things in some time smile

and if you saturate the bristles placing a paper town over them and gently squeezing out the excess will also speed up the drying process...

Sep 16 10 08:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

Leanne Harpin wrote:
I just tried out a new concoction yesterday and washed my brushes in olive oil and dish soap, and it worked very nicely. Someone on here mentioned cleaning their brushes like you wash hair, so I just might try out. Brushing some coconut oil in first, then baby shampoo, rinse, conditioner, rinse and dry. Is it ok to condition your brushes?

I condition my brushes every few washes. I find if I condition them EVERY wash they don't pick up product how I like and have too much slip. If I condition them every other time or so, then they're just fine.
Natural hair brushes are hair. Why not condition?

Sep 16 10 09:02 pm Link