Forums > General Industry > Huge question bout a site....

Model

Danielle

Lakeland, Florida, US

ok, there's this place that contacted me off a site called Yessnet.  I'm not sure if this place is ligit or not...www.yessnet.com....but i'm just wonderin if it's an ok place to go to or if they 'll fuck me over...they got this whole elaborate like agreement form and everything..it scared me off....

thanks much.

D

Jun 03 05 02:56 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Scared me off too!!
Model mayhem rocks

Jun 03 05 03:10 am Link

Model

Danielle

Lakeland, Florida, US

Yea but i've gotten a couple photogrpahers to help me build up my portfolio..but no one who wants to really use me...

am i just being impatient?

Jun 03 05 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Your being impatient...

Jun 03 05 03:59 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Danielle: 
Yea but i've gotten a couple photogrpahers to help me build up my portfolio..but no one who wants to really use me...

Judging from your body build and "look," you will need to find yourself a manager and look into commercial work.  You may want to interview a few different (NON NET) management companies.   

Jun 03 05 09:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

You are obviously a novice which means you more likely than not have yet to network deep enough to make legitimate contacts on your own. When looking at talent contracts opt for open ended ones... Don't sign anything without getting advice from a legal advisor and don't sign anything that will limit your growth ability like an exclusive contract.

Jun 03 05 09:21 am Link

Model

Danielle

Lakeland, Florida, US

Thank you very much.  Exactly what i needed to know.

Jun 04 05 09:58 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Danielle: 

have you approached your local agencies like benz, alexa, arthur?? tampa is a commercial print town..the clients that pay models are going to these agencies to find models....your not going to get work handed to you online..

what are doing to further your career?

Jun 04 05 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Thom Bourgois

Tucson, Arizona, US

Posted by Danielle: 
...they got this whole elaborate like agreement form and everything..it scared me off....

thanks much.

D

As a novice you apparently haven’t seen many, if any, real contract agreements.  What you describe might be the real thing…or maybe not.  I use “elaborate” agreements.  Some people call those kinds of documents “lawyered to death”; but they protect both the model and photographer and detail what is expected from both.  Were you working for me as a professional you would have a contract describing what you will be doing, when, and where.  It will describe your compensation and just when all those compensation parts (money, CDs, prints, etceteras) will be delivered.  Then there is a standard “lawyered” model release and, finally, a limiting copyright license stating what you can and can not do with images whether prints or on a CD.

You really need to talk with experienced people and/or get professional books on modeling that will help teach you some of these kinds of things.  That said, you must know there are scams and scums on the Internet.  Never go to a strange place alone; seek advice from knowledgeable people.

....Thom

Jun 06 05 05:25 am Link

Model

Kavonna

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I am in aalmost the same perdicument as you, me being a newbie I don't know too much about the industry and i get approached by some agencies on the web but i get them all checked out before signing anything, if i was you i would go to agencies around where you live

Jun 06 05 11:57 pm Link

Model

Who

San Diego, California, US

It's sad that there are some weirdos out there and we have to be careful. That is why I usually have my sister to shoot all my photos and when we use others she screens them since she's tons better at that sort of thing.

Jun 07 05 12:02 am Link