Forums > Critique > polka dots and pearls

Photographer

Aubrey Brower Photos

BOISE, Idaho, US

I need a critique on this photo. good and bad. thanks!
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2032/2210230760_e68530f388.jpg

Jan 21 08 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Aubrey Brower Photos

BOISE, Idaho, US

nobody?

Jan 21 08 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Pixel Fist

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Hi.  It looks like a great subject and composition, but it's very flat.  I can see if I can do something with it and suggest an approach if something comes to mind.  How about that?

Jan 21 08 11:55 pm Link

Model

Jolie Louise

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

I think it needs a little more contrast..by paling the skin and darkening the eye makeup. The face looks oranger than the body and i think it needs a little evening out.

Jan 21 08 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Pixel Fist

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

OK, the first step is to increase yor dynamic range with Levels.  Then dodge highlights in the hair.  Those things for sure.  After that all kinds of things are possible.

Jan 22 08 12:58 am Link

Model

AthenaE

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

as the photographer, ou did a good job. but i feel like the styling had no real idea or theme. the dresss  and the pearls match, i suppose. but the make up and the hair and the jewls have no place in the photo..if you can understand wat i'm saying?  justseems unorganized

Jan 22 08 01:01 am Link

Model

-S-

Boston, Massachusetts, US

the over the top make-up clashes w/ the classy retro feel of the polka dots & pearls.  Just looks wrong

Jan 22 08 01:01 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Muse Photo wrote:
I need a critique on this photo. good and bad. thanks!
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2032/2210230760_e68530f388.jpg

there are elements i like and elements i dont like about this image, the make up or how it was captured is not one of the things i like about this image

Jan 22 08 01:04 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

maybe a white bounce from the side would have brought out some sparkles in the jewels

Jan 22 08 01:05 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

the eyes and hair are really nice and well captured, perhaps the pearls could have been pulled off the body so light could pass around them, thats about all I can think of that i would have done differantly as far as the little things

Jan 22 08 01:07 am Link

Model

trish

Los Angeles, California, US

super avant-garde head and retro body = no matchey

Jan 22 08 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Aubrey Brower Photos

BOISE, Idaho, US

ok. i get the mismatched style in the photo. this was an impromptu shoot so nothing was planned which is probably why it does not match. she is my cousin and models are hard to find in this town. so planned shoots are hard to do. i mean is it weird to ask someone you run across in town and say you'd be great in a shoot want to shoot with me? haha i just think that seems weird.

Jan 22 08 02:39 am Link