Forums > General Industry > the business of photography

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Hailey: 
hahahaha - make a living off my photography...~sigh~ still not making ends meet yet. But then I refuse to do weddings...I used to make it when I shot weddings. NO MORE!

I'll do weddings every now and then, but yeah, weddings suck.

Jun 06 05 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by MagicImagePhoto: 
Sure lots of Photographers spend lots of money and spend lots of time and effert into thier Photography. Point is it's "It's NONE of YOUR Freaken bussiness" Just care about your self and what you want to do with your Photography and put out the best work you can.

haha alright!

Oh yeah, if it's none of my freakin business, don't bother answering.

Jun 06 05 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Jose- JoseOnline.com: 
It just doesn't make any financial sense to walk away from 6 figures on a hope and a dream.

Damn!  You make that much?

Then stop going to those photo day thingies and book yourself some hot models.

Jun 06 05 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Gary Davis: 
News flash: hot chicks don't have money! smile

You could have fooled me.  Do you know how many models showed up to a photoshoots driving a BMW?

Jun 06 05 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

It just doesn't make any financial sense to walk away from 6 figures on a hope and a dream.

Damn!  You make that much?

Then stop going to those photo day thingies and book yourself some hot models.

For bein such a smartass- your actually a smart guy too.  hehehe

Actually yes- thats the plan.  Biggest limiting factor being time to make contacts and such- not money.  With MM- thats become easier.  More than anything- the photodays and the studio shoots and such provided convenience.  Model wants to work- is there to work, studio/location is packaged in etc.

You will see some changes in the upcoming months- anticipate one model photoshoot a month- other times will probably still do event coverage.  Finally- every once in a while you meet some great models at Photodays- so I'll probably do one of those too every once in a while.  Im planning on having a monthly shoot budget.  If model is cool and wants to TFP- that budget will go to location, wardrobe, MUA, etc.

Stay tuned to JoseOnline.com

Regards,
-Jose

Jun 06 05 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

Posted by Gary Davis: 
News flash: hot chicks don't have money! smile

You could have fooled me.  Do you know how many models showed up to a photoshoots driving a BMW?

So why are you always complaining?  Why don't you use your sparkling personality to get all the BMW driving models to pay you to shoot their portfolios and start bringing in that 6 figure salary!

Jun 06 05 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Gary Davis: 
Why don't you use your sparkling personality to get all the BMW driving models to pay you to shoot their portfolios and start bringing in that 6 figure salary!

How many photographers could you name that make 6 figure salaries?

Jun 06 05 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

For bein such a smartass- your actually a smart guy too.  hehehe

Anyone could have told you that.

ROFLMAO

Jun 06 05 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

Posted by Gary Davis: 
Why don't you use your sparkling personality to get all the BMW driving models to pay you to shoot their portfolios and start bringing in that 6 figure salary!

None.  I've got enough crap filling my brain without trying to remember the names of other photographers.  But I'm sure they're out there.  Actually, salary probably isn't the right word.  Don't listen to me, I'm tired and not thinking straight.

BTW, congradulations on you 1000th inane post. tongue

Jun 06 05 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Simmons

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I think that if you own a studio and you have to pay for the lease that you should charge people who enter the door. If you want to shoot a hot chick once a twice a month that's up to you, but your question is a question that plagues many photographers.

Jun 06 05 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Posted by Gary Davis: 

None.  I've got enough crap filling my brain without trying to remember the names of other photographers.  But I'm sure they're out there.  Actually, salary probably isn't the right word.  Don't listen to me, I'm tired and not thinking straight.

LOL 1000th post yikes) Dude you sure you shoot those photos or do your partners do the work for you? I would think youre here all the time with 1000 posts, haha.

Jun 07 05 03:12 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Oh come on, be fair. Even I'll admit that not every single one of those thousand posts have been inane!

Jun 07 05 08:41 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

1000+ posts.  lol daYm!

Jun 09 05 12:53 pm Link