Forums > General Industry > Maxim Competition - No credit for photographers

Photographer

Michael Palmer

Southampton, England, United Kingdom

This is part of an email I received from a model asking if she could enter our work into a Maxim competition.

It is their submission guidelines for the model....  (or part of).

*    Photos must not be retouched or contain text or any special effects. Don't mess with your natural loveliness in the photos. Also, copyright notices will make us very sad (please see next bullet point).

*    The entrant must own the copyright to the photos or the entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (that is, if your photos were taken by a professional photographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if and when you're contacted for the contest.  Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from Maxim, which brings us
to our last point...We will not provide any sort of byline or photographer
recognition.

I'm not sure what to do.  As much as i'd like to get into Maxim, without payment, or at least a credit it doesnt really excite me much.  I've already had one photo this week pulled from a bikini contest side because they refused to give credit to the photographer.

Any opinions on this?

Jan 18 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

RayAndWen

OLD HICKORY, Tennessee, US

We got this same type of thing with Suicide Girls (yech). I was glad when they turned the photos down.

Jan 18 06 03:36 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

this is becoming a very common practice. Try contacting the company( good luck if you get through) and make some sort of arrangement. If that doesnt work just say no. I hate to say this but you have to maintain a certain standard and backing down doesn't help anyone in the long term.

Jan 18 06 03:41 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael Palmer wrote:
...which brings us to our last point...We will not provide any sort of byline or photographer recognition.

Cheapskates. Only an operation operated by Photographers would snob other photographers like this. Makes me wonder why Photogs flock to have their models submit anything to them. I did once and felt stupid afterwards, because of the pretty girl's aspirations, I decided to ignore my better business sense.

Some photographers reference them on their resume, "Image published in Hometown Hottie contest", and it does absolutely nothing for ya in the business world.

Don't you guys realize? That the content submitted by your models is what gives this magazine their overall value and popularity on the Internet, but keeps your identity muffled? So, stop it already. They're already admitting it in big bold letters that they aren't gonna do shit for you in return! Not even acknowledge that you exist. How does that improve your bottomline as a photographer? Not at all. So, stop contributing to their fortune already. Don't you wanna make some money with your photography?

Besides, submitting to them and signing your rights away makes you look desperate for a by-line and it shouldn't be that way. You're better off submitting something to a grass roots organization. They have a readership and at least they give you credit, sometimes they pay, but almost always, brings in customer referrals your way. BECAUSE THEY SEE YOUR NAME IN A BYLINE.

FU Maxim. You're a scourge to the world of photography.

P.S. Photographers! The only reason why the college kids buy their magazine, or visit their website is because of the content you contribute. THINK ABOUT THAT! That is traffic that should be going TO YOU! And they're not gonna be thankful for that? They're cheapskates.

Jan 18 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cheapskates. Only an operation operated by Photographers would snob other photographers like this. Makes me wonder why Photogs flock to have their models submit anything to them. I did once and felt stupid afterwards, because of the pretty girl's aspirations, I decided to ignore my better business sense.

Some photographers reference them on their resume, "Image published in Hometown Hottie contest", and it does absolutely nothing for ya in the business world.

Don't you guys realize? That the content submitted by your models is what gives this magazine their overall value and popularity on the Internet, but keeps your identity muffled? So, stop it already. They're already admitting it in big bold letters that they aren't gonna do shit for you in return! Not even acknowledge that you exist. How does that improve your bottomline as a photographer? Not at all. So, stop contributing to their fortune already. Don't you wanna make some money with your photography?

Besides, submitting to them and signing your rights away makes you look desperate for a by-line and it shouldn't be that way. You're better off submitting something to a grass roots organization. They have a readership and at least they give you credit, sometimes they pay, but almost always, brings in customer referrals your way. BECAUSE THEY SEE YOUR NAME IN A BYLINE.

Damn, I coudn't agree more !

Jan 18 06 03:59 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Without the Photographer, the photos wouldnt exist. Maxim, as a revenue generating popular magazine, should know better and be more professional and support the industry that contributes to their magazine.  Both Photographer AND Model should receive public credit.

Apparently, all they are concerned about is some free t&a to fill up their pages, regardless of where and how it originated.

I am so tired of Artists constantly getting the shaft and no respect for the work they do....I think we should PROTEST!!

Jan 18 06 04:00 am Link

Photographer

XposurePhoto

Houston, Texas, US

I did it once because a model friend of mine wanted to, then I said never again, the full release specified that they could market and sell that image as they see fit and you keep not even a penny...that is just not fair!

After that, I been declining anyone who is not able to pay for the shot.

Jan 18 06 04:01 am Link

Photographer

ImpactFoto

San Diego, California, US

Michael Palmer wrote:
This is part of an email I received from a model asking if she could enter our work into a Maxim competition.

*    Photos must not be retouched or contain text or any special effects. Don't mess with your natural loveliness in the photos. Also, copyright notices will make us very sad (please see next bullet point).

*    The entrant must own the copyright to the photos or the entrant will be required to have the copyright owner (that is, if your photos were taken by a professional photographer, for example) complete a Copyright Release. We will tell you how to get a Copyright Release if and when you're contacted for the contest.  Also, the copyright owner will not receive payment from Maxim, which brings us
recognition.

I'm not sure what to do.  As much as i'd like to get into Maxim, without payment, or at least a credit it doesnt really excite me much.  I've already had one photo this week pulled from a bikini contest side because they refused to give credit to the photographer.

Any opinions on this?

F--k them.  Absolutely not.

I posted my opinions about this in several places here:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=22490

Jan 18 06 04:06 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

read your post Thomas amazing work you have hope everthing worked out, but the objection here is giving away full copyrights w/o pay or even a small measly line credit. How is that fair to photographer, sure if I am buddy buddy with the editor and actually getting paid !! Only a fool would do this!

***maxim sucks***

Jan 18 06 04:16 am Link

Photographer

ImpactFoto

San Diego, California, US

KARLOS MATTHEWS wrote:
read your post Tom amazing work you have hope everthing worked out, but the objection here is giving away full copyrights w/o pay or even a small measly line credit. How is that fair to photographer, sure if I am buddy buddy with the editor! Only a fool would do this!

***maxim sucks***

Well said, Karlos!

Jan 18 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

I have done it a couple of times to help the model/friend get in.
after that point i dont do it anymore.they can do it for submission only
unless they pay me.

Jan 18 06 04:31 am Link

Photographer

eric freimanis

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I had one girl I shot ask if she could send some of what we shot, I told her since the mag doesn;t pay that if she paid me I would! She obviously didn't wanna be in it that bad smile

Jan 18 06 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
Without the Photographer, the photos wouldnt exist. Maxim, as a revenue generating popular magazine, should know better and be more professional and support the industry that contributes to their magazine.  Both Photographer AND Model should receive public credit.

Apparently, all they are concerned about is some free t&a to fill up their pages, regardless of where and how it originated.

I am so tired of Artists constantly getting the shaft and no respect for the work they do....I think we should PROTEST!!

m-m-marry me???? (on bended knee) Or at least work with me one day??? (on bended knee with camera)

I agree, that's why I never submitted. When I read their submission policy - WTF?

As long as photographers support their policy with submissions, they have no reason to change. I don't blame the models, it is good exposure for them, just none for the photographer.

The only REAL PROTEST photographers can do is NOT SEND SUBMISSIONS - without submission, they loose content - then maybe you'll see change - but I doubt it because photographers will still submit.

Jan 18 06 05:08 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

eric freimanis wrote:
I had one girl I shot ask if she could send some of what we shot, I told her since the mag doesn;t pay that if she paid me I would! She obviously didn't wanna be in it that bad smile

Nah! She'll just find another photographer who will do it for free!

Jan 18 06 05:17 am Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Maxim isn't looking for new photogs...

Jan 18 06 05:32 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jeff Fiore,
Thanks for the proposal......I am quite flattered that my thoughts spurred such ideas. But I say it like I see it, and you know I already wanna work with you too smile

Seriously, some people will do anything to get their photos published. I guess any newbie would feel proud to show off a copy of Maxim with their nameless photo to friends and associates.

Without a posted byline, credit, acknowledgement, I'd feel like a real ass.....10 years down the road, who is gonna remember a nameless photo in Maxim?

Jan 18 06 05:50 am Link

Photographer

SolraK Studios

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Without a posted byline, credit, acknowledgement, I'd feel like a real ass.....10 years down the road, who is gonna remember a nameless photo in Maxim?

10 years try 10 weeks if your lucky more like 10 min. after they put the magazine down

Jan 18 06 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

They can have my photo without a credit when they pry my cold dead fingers off the CF card

Jan 18 06 05:56 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Anyone ever ACTUALLY see one of their Copyright Releases? Do you have the text to post here, any part of that respecting the attribution rights?

--------- BUT you may be interested in reading this first:

http://www.bitlaw.com/source/17usc/106A.html

§106A. Rights of certain authors to attribution and integrity

(a)
Rights of attribution and integrity. Subject to section 107 [17 USC 107] and independent of the exclusive rights provided in section 106 [17 USC 106], the author of a work of visual art--

(1)
    shall have the right--

(A)
        to claim authorship of that work,

[break in text]

(e)
Transfer and waiver.

(1)
    The rights conferred by subsection (a) may not be transferred, but those rights may be waived if the author expressly agrees to such waiver in a written instrument signed by the author. Such instrument shall specifically identify the work, and uses of that work, to which the waiver applies, and the waiver shall apply only to the work and uses so identified. In the case of a joint work prepared by two or more authors, a waiver of rights under this paragraph made by one such author waives such rights for all such authors.

(2)
    Ownership of the rights conferred by subsection (a) with respect to a work of visual art is distinct from ownership of any copy of that work, or of a copyright or any exclusive right under a copyright in that work. Transfer of ownership of any copy of a work of visual art, or of a copyright or any exclusive right under a copyright, shall not constitute a waiver of the rights conferred by subsection (a). Except as may otherwise be agreed by the author in a written instrument signed by the author, a waiver of the rights conferred by subsection (a) with respect to a work of visual art shall not constitute a transfer of ownership of any copy of that work, or of ownership of a copyright or of any exclusive right under a copyright in that work.

----------

Studio36

Jan 18 06 08:21 am Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

Wild Horse Photography wrote:

P.S. Photographers! The only reason why the college kids buy their magazine, or visit their website is because of the content you contribute. THINK ABOUT THAT! That is traffic that should be going TO YOU! And they're not gonna be thankful for that? They're cheapskates.

While I totally don't agree..There is alot I do agree with. I think they take advantage of young beautiful girls to sell magazines without compensation..........that is the point of the CONTESTS. Free CONTENT!!

Jan 18 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

While I totally don't agree..There is alot I do agree with. I think they take advantage of young beautiful girls to sell magazines without compensation..........that is the point of the CONTESTS. Free CONTENT!!

Jan 18 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

"Apparently, all they are concerned about is some free t&a to fill up their pages, regardless of where and how it originated."  Exactly what they are after...........smart business wise but cheapskate way!

Jan 18 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Tee Batinich

Riverside, California, US

I went through this last year. The model I shot was my neice, so I did it as a favor.
She got lots of notice & publicity. I got to take the pictures and that's about it.

A model that I have worked with several times has been approached by another photographer. He wants to pay her so he can shoot her for the Maxim contest. I guess he has not read the rules.

Michael Palmer wrote:

recognition.

Any opinions on this?

Jan 18 06 08:37 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

LOL!  No one is looking at the photographer, are they?  How often is a magazine sold on the basis of who shot the front cover? 

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

Pretty much.

ART OF ARIANE wrote:

Nothing will change until artists stop treating their work as being disposable.  Then again, "artists" - for example, photographers who submit free material to magazines - are a dime a dozen.  Everyone is trying to get noticed.

Jan 18 06 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Scott Einuis

New York, New York, US

Nothing is ever going to change with Maxim because there are photgraphers (in this sense the word used for appearances only) who will continue to submit.

I work for two magazines and am constantly threatened by so-called photogs who will PAY to have their work published, and don't ask for credit.

Nothing will change while there are GWC's and they won't go away as long as digital is cheap.

Jan 18 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I wouldn't go so far as "FU," but certainly a Seinfeld-esque "good luck with all that."

Jan 18 06 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

Maxim folks are bottom feeders when it comes to images. Photographers get hosed and newbie wannabee models say they want to shoot "Maxim style"! lol
That's when we tell them that if they have a killer body, a so-so face, two bikinis and a gallon of baby oil we can do the shoot... just kidding, but did I miss anything?
I submitted one model to maxim and after reading the crap from maxim I almost refused to help her out, however she is a great pal, a muse, and well regarded so I honored her request. They published the image and put her in the HomeTown hottie thingie and that was that. Wouldn't do it again unless ...............

Jan 18 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Postcards FT Wasteland

Clearwater, Florida, US

A  tearsheet is a tearsheet is a tearsheet. If you have enough of those on your resume, then who cares. If being published in Maxim will do well for your photographic career, go for it. You own the photo, credit or not.....you need to determine who's bigger...you or the magazine.

Jim

Jan 18 06 09:14 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Jeff Marsh wrote:
Maxim folks are bottom feeders when it comes to images.

Actually a lot of pro photographers in this world, in licensing for publication, note [usually on their delivery covers] that there is a premium payment/charge due if the images are used without credit.

They are prepared to go uncredited as long as they are paid for it.

Here is an example of such a form:
Reed Creative Services Co.; Stock forms

http://www.reedservices.com/del_mem.txt
[extract - STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY DELIVERY MEMO]
[6] Photographer's copyright notice"(c)[YEAR OF FIRST PUBLICATION][PHOTOGRAPHER'S NAME]" must accompany each use as an adjacent credit line. Invoice amount will be tripled if said credit is not provided.

and

[extract -  ASSIGNMENT PHOTOGRAPHY DELIVERY MEMO]
[5] Photographer's copyright notice "Copyright [YEAR OF FIRST PUBLICATION] [PHOTOGRAPHER'S NAME]" must accompany each use as an adjacent credit line. Invoice amount will be tripled if said credit is not provided.

Studio36

Jan 18 06 09:18 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

It's a contest, folks.

I look at it this way: if it's an image I already created and I am not being asked to shoot specifically for it and the model has the images and only wants to submit and use them for the contest, I release those images only. It won't hurt me to not have my name in the magazine.

I won't shoot specifically for it for free, though. Unless it's a good friend. Otherwise, taking into consideration it is for a contest, sometimes I offer a discounted rate.

But, honestly, they are not looking for professional photos anyway. This is a contest that you can have your BF with a camera take some shots of you and it's okay. I saw a lot of those last year. Sure, it's nice to have professional photos, but if you are beautiful and have appeal, then you will get the vote regardless.

Jan 18 06 09:18 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

TO answer your question, Michael:

What are you losing by giving permission and what are you gaining by not giving permission? Is there a monetary charge that would be fair for you and to the model that would make you feel better about releasing the specific photos so she can enter them in the contest? Talk it over with the model and explain to her your thoughts and try to work out an agreement.

Jan 18 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Howard Garcia

New York, New York, US

AS long as photographer continue to accept these kind of practices from these publications, who obviously prey on the hunger from photogs and models for being published by any and all means possible, they will continue to exploit this weakness.

Do you really need to be in a publication that will NOT give you credit for your work but will make money from it (and everyone else's work for that mater)?

I say to hell with them.
If I'm spending thousands of dollars in equipment, years to learn my craft (and I'm still learning), and take all the bullshit from the competition, I'm just not going to give my work away without ANY form of compensation. I'd rather quit and move on to something else.

Howard

Jan 18 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

ART OF ARIANE wrote:
Jeff Fiore,
Thanks for the proposal......I am quite flattered that my thoughts spurred such ideas. But I say it like I see it, and you know I already wanna work with you too smile

Seriously, some people will do anything to get their photos published. I guess any newbie would feel proud to show off a copy of Maxim with their nameless photo to friends and associates.

You're welcome, you are inspiring smile

Seriously, It's not just that Maxim doesn't give credit - by submission, they are claiming copyright on all photos and can do what they want. That I have a BIGGER problem with.

One of my nude photos is "scheduled" to be published in the magazine, The New Nude". The reason I say "scheduled" is because until it actually is published, it's not published. Sometimes production reasons or room constraints may necessitate rejection of a photo that was supposed to be published so Ill reserve the "bragging rights" till when I actually see the photo. When they contacted me about the photo, they asked me for my personal information and what I want my byline to say and they will pay me also for one time usage of the photo - NOW that's the right way to do it. Like Maxim, they depend on submissions for magazine content via their "photo forum" where photographers upload photos for critique. Unlike Maxim, they are being very professional about it ... so far LOL.

Jan 18 06 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Personally, if the model wants to get her pictures in, I'd rather try to help her out so I'd let it go.

Edit: after reading some opinions, I may have to change my mind.

Edit Again: After reading Dawn's opinion, I may have to change my opinion again.

Damn you all!!

Jan 18 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Merlinpix wrote:
They can have my photo without a credit when they pry my cold dead fingers off the CF card

DON'T give them any ideas! big_smile

Jan 18 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Elite Imaging

Oak Ridge, Florida, US

JL_Photography wrote:
A  tearsheet is a tearsheet is a tearsheet. If you have enough of those on your resume, then who cares. If being published in Maxim will do well for your photographic career, go for it. You own the photo, credit or not.....you need to determine who's bigger...you or the magazine.

Jim

No Offense, but Fuck that noise!!!

It's pure and simple bullshit!
Tear sheet my ass.
You are only as good as you stand up to be.  This rag is making a fortune and there is no earthly reason that they cant at least credit the photog.
And NO you dont still own the image if you sign it off to them.

Tear Sheet,  Yea, the sheet I tear off to wipe my ass.
Boy oh Boy, they sure invented a lot of photographers when they invented digital cameras.

Are you or anyone else so egotistical that you would be a sellout to a bird cage liner like maxim.

Simple rule: You makin money- I gonna make some too, and your gonna tell everybody who helped you make it or Fu*k Off,Simple as that.

I had an editor from a national swim suit ask me to shoot for their mag this weekend and she said that most people donate their images but they do give the photog credit?????

Are these people for real?, Yes they do have a clue as to what it takes to setup a shoot and what it costs, but as long as there are a bunch of " Hey look what I did with my Cyber cam" spineless ego freaks out there, I would say these mags will never run out of dipshit sellouts.

United you stand or divided you fall. WAKE UP GUYS, If you are good then make these butt burglers play fair. Do you need some shit rag like Maxim to validate your talents?

Yea, I know, it's cool to be able to say you were published, but what good is it when you cant even prove it to the general public?

This goes for you too Models!

Jan 18 06 10:04 am Link

Photographer

WestWoodStudios

THE REASON THEY DO NOT GIVE CREDIT IS DUE TO ONE REASON ONLY, SAY THEY PUBLISH A PHOTOGRAPHER'S NAME AND CREDIT HIM/HER AND HIM/HER TURNS OUT TO BE A BAD PERSON WITH A HISTORY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE, AND THEY HAVE THERE OWN PHOTOGRAPHER'S WHO DO THERE SPREADS. THIS IS TO PROTECT THEM FROM LAWSUITS.

1. Example 2 yrs ago a certain photographer was published with them, turns out he was using a fake name and was wanted by authorities for a crime and maxim took some heat. They do not have the time to check out every single person history. They get thousands of submissions a day.

2. Internet has crushed many magazines income, sales of all magazines in the USA and abroad has dropped to an all time low. Another example a friend of mine just did a spread in a very popular magazine in question; they flew her to the location and paid for her hotel and air faire and food. They told her it would be great exposer, so there was no pay~! How many online magazines site are on the net today? Too many to list.

3. The model is notified of which issue it will be published in, the photographer can cut the page out and scan it and re print for his book. If it is online, most magazines archive all of there online images and chances are will be on there're site for yrs. Very is to find the link and put on your page or website.

4. Photographers listen up, what you should be trying to get in these magazines is ad space, this is where the big money rolls in. Shoot girls with major label beer and alcohol and submit them to the companies, if they feel your work they will call you and talk about buying the rights or use. Many of the times if you get "The shot" it could be a nice payday, 15,000.00 to 65,000 for an image. If some of you can remember the times when Photographer paid very well.

This is my perception of what the problem may or may not be. Let us be real about it, this whole industry is so unstable. There are so many problems and everyone has the “solutionâ€? to it. Since vanity is what it is, the best we can hope for is some normal and sane people.

Thankyou
Robert A
WWS

Jan 18 06 10:15 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Elite Imaging wrote:
Do you need some shit rag like Maxim to validate your talents?

I think that about says it. To the question posed.

However, I don't think that releasing certain photos so that the model who you TFP'd with can submit to a magazine contest is going to ruin your career as a photographer or demean your craft to anyone except yourself in your mind. It's all how you look at it.

Being on both sides, I've experienced both: I have asked to submit photos that I had not taken for contests in Maxim and FHM. And I have never had a problem getting permission. I have had models ask to be able to use the photos I took and I have never had a problem with it. The credit in Maxim or FHM isn't anything really notable, unless it's for a 4 page spread. But this is for a thumbnail image for the contest pages. Then maybe a slightly larger version for the winner pages, but your photos won't be used for the winning spread.

It's a personal thing for each and every photographer/model. If you are not comfy with it, don't do it. If you feel that it will make you less of a professional, don't do it. Don't be pressured into doing it because others are doing it and saying it is okay. You have to do what is right in your mind.

GOod luck!

Jan 18 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

WestWoodStudios wrote:
2. Internet has crushed many magazines income, sales of all magazines in the USA and abroad has dropped to an all time low. Another example a friend of mine just did a spread in a very popular magazine in question; they flew her to the location and paid for her hotel and air faire and food. They told her it would be great exposer, so there was no pay~! How many online magazines site are on the net today? Too many to list.

-------

This is my perception of what the problem may or may not be. Let us be real about it, this whole industry is so unstable. There are so many problems and everyone has the “solutionâ€? to it. Since vanity is what it is, the best we can hope for is some normal and sane people.

Thankyou
Robert A
WWS

Here's the sane view - if a money making business - any business - can't pay their suppliers, even with something as simple as a credit line, they should go the way of the Dodo... The faster the better.

Studio36

Jan 18 06 10:38 am Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

I guess I've got a little bit of a different take on this.  If I do TFP with a model then I'm doing it with a release that allows both of us to use the images for self promotion.  If she's not getting paid, but the picture promotes her in Maxim, then I feel it comes within the spirit of the contract.  Of course credit would be great but in this case they don't do it.

I wouldn't give Maxim rights to sell the image though. So, maybe I wouldn't sign off on this.

David

Jan 18 06 10:39 am Link