Forums > General Industry > Alt models and photographers

Model

Jezzebel

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

To all the alternative model and photographers, im wanting to get into the field of alt modeling and I was wondering if any of you had any tips for me just beginning and going into that field???  Maybe Check out my profile and let me know what im doing wrong or right before I actually try to book any shoots. I would appreciate any help. Thank - You.

Mandi

Feb 17 08 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Metal-Mandi wrote:
To all the alternative model and photographers, im wanting to get into the field of alt modeling and I was wondering if any of you had any tips for me just beginning and going into that field???  Maybe Check out my profile and let me know what im doing wrong or right before I actually try to book any shoots. I would appreciate any help. Thank - You.

Mandi

Pale skin is really good but that goes with many other types of modeling too. I think most alt modeling has some amount of nudity in it if you're looking to do paid gigs at some point. I base this on the observation that alt is edgy, and edgy is not very conservative.

Feb 17 08 02:49 am Link

Model

Jezzebel

Chi - Rue99 Photography wrote:

Pale skin is really good but that goes with many other types of modeling too. I think most alt modeling has some amount of nudity in it if you're looking to do paid gigs at some point. I base this on the observation that alt is edgy, and edgy is not very conservative.

Really? most alt modeling has some amount of nudity if you want to do anything other then tfp??

Feb 17 08 03:00 am Link

Photographer

Brendan Jack

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey Mandi,

Not that I'm an expert, but i reckon you need to be comfortable enough with yourself and whoever is shooting you to fully throw yourself into the idea. I'm sure you could find someone willing to shoot for free, but you need a strong concept. Also, as far as the nudity thing goes, it's not necessarily a case of only being able to do alt stuff if you pose nude, but it will certainly limit you if you choose not to. Hope this helps:)

Feb 17 08 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Blue Ash Film Group

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Hey, didn't I just post in this same thread in the newbie forum?

Feb 17 08 03:09 am Link

Photographer

Danger Ninja

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://www.yourdrum.com/yourdrum/images/2007/04/06/southpark_goth_2.jpg

If you want to be one of the non-conformists, you must dress like we do and listen to the music we do.  Like Skinny Puppy.

Feb 17 08 03:09 am Link

Photographer

Brendan Jack

London, England, United Kingdom

Hahaahhahahaahahaha!

Feb 17 08 03:11 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Metal-Mandi wrote:

Really? most alt modeling has some amount of nudity if you want to do anything other then tfp??

Technically, I don't shoot alt, but I've worked with quite a few alt models. Most seem to have some nudity in their ports. I'm sure there are exceptions but my impression is that the ones who are successful are not shy.

So while I wouldn't say never, alt is not mainstream so paid work is probably mostly for bolder work.

Feb 17 08 03:22 am Link

Model

Jezzebel

Blue Ash Film Group wrote:
Hey, didn't I just post in this same thread in the newbie forum?

haha yeah im trying to get the most input I can. And yes all your feedback has helped thanks alot!!

Feb 17 08 03:33 am Link

Model

Jezzebel

Danger Ninja Production wrote:
https://www.yourdrum.com/yourdrum/images/2007/04/06/southpark_goth_2.jpg

If you want to be one of the non-conformists, you must dress like we do and listen to the music we do.  Like Skinny Puppy.

That episode is hilarious. Little do they know that being labelled a "non -conformist" is just putting them in a group conforming against conformists

Feb 17 08 03:36 am Link