Photographer

Myles Long

Howell, Michigan, US

Moxie Hopalong wrote:

I suggest not outright insulting anyone. But that's just me. I'm too "safe."

So I've been told, sometimes you have to make a stand though.

If you allow wrong thing to happen too often you lose the ability to stop them.

Feb 21 08 02:30 am Link

Model

Laura Hopalong

Mobile, Alabama, US

Myles Long wrote:

So I've been told, sometimes you have to make a stand though.

If you allow wrong thing to happen too often you lose the ability to stop them.

I personally feel that there are other ways of handling issues like this instead of flinging it back. Or at least fling it back in a way that is within the rules. Insulting another person isn't going to solve the issue, in this situation, it just compounded it. ::shrug:: I see what you're saying, but insulting others simply isn't my thing. I don't feel it needs to be done. I mean, really, in what situation does it fix things?

He got brigged, seems like the rules are still uneven. The rule thing is what the issue is, IMHO. I really feel like the other person should have been brigged, since he called an entire section of the site village idiots.

Feb 21 08 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Myles Long

Howell, Michigan, US

Moxie Hopalong wrote:
I personally feel that there are other ways of handling issues like this instead of flinging it back. Or at least fling it back in a way that is within the rules. Insulting another person isn't going to solve the issue, in this situation, it just compounded it. ::shrug:: I see what you're saying, but insulting others simply isn't my thing. I don't feel it needs to be done. I mean, really, in what situation does it fix things?

He got brigged, seems like the rules are still uneven. The rule thing is what the issue is, IMHO. I really feel like the other person should have been brigged, since he called an entire section of the site village idiots.

If you read what he wrote, he didn't actually insult the guy, he said "you just proved who the biggest village idiot on the site is", he didn't say who he was referring to. So, technically, he was within the rules.

The only thing that compounded the situation was the moderator not being fair by giving the wrong person the brigging.

You can say that insulting others doesn't need to be done but if you read the bible it says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, do you believe in the bible? And if fighting fire with fire helps resolve the situation rather than escalating it like the moderator did, then it was the right way to handle it.

Apparently, the only place you and I agree is with the unfair brigging policy, or the lack thereof, and if the "gentleman" that insulted all of Off Topic has any friends then they are all village idiots. I think I'm ok saying that because I'm insulting a group of people, not an individual.

Feb 21 08 03:16 am Link

Model

Bunny Bombshell

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm thoroughly pissed.

Feb 21 08 03:29 am Link

Model

Jackie A

Birmingham, Alabama, US

You know...a Plush Piglet isn't exactly going to be the scariest dude in the jailhouse. Even Eeyore will get more respect.

Feb 21 08 06:07 am Link

Model

CagedGypsy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Echoe wrote:
You know...a Plush Piglet isn't exactly going to be the scariest dude in the jailhouse. Even Eeyore will get more respect.

But he'll always have Pooh to protect him.

Feb 21 08 06:12 am Link

Photographer

Skipshots

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Myles Long wrote:

If you read what he wrote, he didn't actually insult the guy, he said "you just proved who the biggest village idiot on the site is", he didn't say who he was referring to. So, technically, he was within the rules.

The only thing that compounded the situation was the moderator not being fair by giving the wrong person the brigging.

You can say that insulting others doesn't need to be done but if you read the bible it says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, do you believe in the bible? And if fighting fire with fire helps resolve the situation rather than escalating it like the moderator did, then it was the right way to handle it.

Apparently, the only place you and I agree is with the unfair brigging policy, or the lack thereof, and if the "gentleman" that insulted all of Off Topic has any friends then they are all village idiots. I think I'm ok saying that because I'm insulting a group of people, not an individual.

Incomplete quote highlighted in bold. The next sentence says who he was referring to. He said look in the mirror, making it rather obvious. The middle-eastern culture of an eye for an eye also condones cutting away the offending body part. Insults are punished by cutting out the tongue, rape by cutting off... well, anyway, the New Covenant says love your enemy (my take on that is that an enemy won't know how to react to love from you).

I'm sorry PP got brigged over such a petty remark, because he's my friend. I think the mod that brigged him was just looking for a way to lock the thread, and PP was the unlucky one that said something that could be taken as a 'personal attack'. Personally, I think the mod could have defused the whole thing by posting a warning in the thread, or just locking it as a train wreck.

Feb 21 08 07:22 am Link

Model

Laura Hopalong

Mobile, Alabama, US

Newstart Photography wrote:

Incomplete quote highlighted in bold. The next sentence says who he was referring to. He said look in the mirror, making it rather obvious. The middle-eastern culture of an eye for an eye also condones cutting away the offending body part. Insults are punished by cutting out the tongue, rape by cutting off... well, anyway, the New Covenant says love your enemy (my take on that is that an enemy won't know how to react to love from you).

I'm sorry PP got brigged over such a petty remark, because he's my friend. I think the mod that brigged him was just looking for a way to lock the thread, and PP was the unlucky one that said something that could be taken as a 'personal attack'. Personally, I think the mod could have defused the whole thing by posting a warning in the thread, or just locking it as a train wreck.

Agree.

Feb 21 08 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Oh jesus. He broke a site rule. He got brigged. Big whoop.

Feb 21 08 08:53 am Link

Model

Laura Hopalong

Mobile, Alabama, US

Myles Long wrote:

I don't believe in the bible. That has nothing to due with this. Besides, eye for an eye is in the Old Testament, which...
Not getting into that here! LOL! Save that for the Soapbox.

PP is my friend, or at least I like to think he is. Throwing the same insult back at someone never solves anything, and I know he could have thought of a better way of showing his agitation. Throwing it back doesn't "prove" anything and the only point that came out of it is that the brigging system is still wonky despite all the member outcry recently. If you're going to say that the first person committed a personal attack, then you have to say the same thing about PP. He said the same exact thing, except about a single person.

Feb 21 08 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Myles Long

Howell, Michigan, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:
Oh jesus. He broke a site rule. He got brigged. Big whoop.

It could be worse, he could making continuous threads with boorish rhetoric.

Feb 21 08 08:58 am Link

Model

Laura Hopalong

Mobile, Alabama, US

Myles Long wrote:

It could be worse, he could making continuous threads with boorish rhetoric.

That's what this section of OT IS.
You just insulted a part of what PP was defending.

Feb 21 08 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Myles Long

Howell, Michigan, US

Moxie Hopalong wrote:

That's what this section of OT IS.
You just insulted a part of what PP was defending.

It appeared to me that PP was defending his friends but we'll have to ask him that in a couple of days.

Feb 21 08 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Myles Long wrote:
It appeared to me that PP was defending his friends but we'll have to ask him that in a couple of days.

i heard he was deleting his profile.  if he goes, i go
............................................to the bathroom. tongue

Feb 21 08 01:23 pm Link