Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > An Attention Whore Thread About Me

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

So, yes, I'm a perv. I have a lot of fun on MM forums, but its really just a shell personality, something to just hide whats a little deeper. But I have fun anywho.

So.... if you want to get beyond that... here is your chance. Ask questions, I shall answer as best I can in a fairly serious manner for once. smile

Feb 20 08 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

South Amboy, New Jersey, US

Everything I want to ask you is too personal to post on a forum.

Feb 20 08 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

Besides, you are a mystery to me and I like that.

Feb 20 08 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

The Silencing Machine wrote:
Everything I want to ask you is too personal to post on a forum.

Prude. tongue

Feb 20 08 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Prude. tongue

Not a prude.  You should know that.

Feb 20 08 10:50 pm Link

Model

Jay Corry

Houston, Texas, US

Should we rename this the Heather / Asylum flirt thread??? smile

Feb 20 08 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

JayBC wrote:

This is not flirting.  You should SEE us flirt.  But that might make you uncomfortable.

Feb 20 08 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:
So, yes, I'm a perv. I have a lot of fun on MM forums, but its really just a shell personality, something to just hide whats a little deeper. But I have fun anywho.

So.... if you want to get beyond that... here is your chance. Ask questions, I shall answer as best I can in a fairly serious manner for once. smile

what's the most depressing relationship(a real one, you whore, you, not a one night stand) you've ever had?

Feb 20 08 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Photos By Becks wrote:

what's the most depressing relationship(a real one, you whore, you, not a one night stand) you've ever had?

Wow.

That's a good one.

The most depressing one... that's tough... I think the toughest one was the one that I wasn't in. I've hinted about it before on the forums, but haven't really ever discussed it.

I met a girl, Sandra, in college. Brazilian, her parents Italian and Japanese, completely exotic. She was incredibly artistic, very wise in social situations of the world, and a lot of fun in general. I instantly fell for her, hard. She inspired me, she was my muse, everything I created was her. I knew her for a couple months and then finally came up with the balls to ask her out for Valentines. And of course... she was basically engaged. I didn't stop hanging out with her after that, in fact we ended up getting very very close, so close most thought we were a very serious couple. We basically did everything that a relationship has... besides the physicalities. She mostly expressed great displeasure with her relationship, and wanted to leave it, but essentially couldn't for various weak reasons. It was tough, frustrating, and painful.

As time went on the boyfriend got more abusive towards her and we had to be sneakier about hanging out. Eventually she got physically abused, and instead of doing something pro-active, instead my guilt meter went into overdrive and it was my fault she was being hurt. I loved her. The only person, ever, that I have loved truly and fully. The idea that her knowing me, was hurting her, killed me. I broke down, and couldn't look at myself in the mirror any more, I destroyed all photos of me, and I moved out to the east coast (this was all in San Diego), 5 years ago.

Yeah.

Feb 20 08 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

JayBC wrote:

Nope!

Feb 20 08 11:02 pm Link

Model

Tattooed Beauty Queen

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Wow.

That's a good one.

The most depressing one... that's tough... I think the toughest one was the one that I wasn't in. I've hinted about it before on the forums, but haven't really ever discussed it.

I met a girl, Sandra, in college. Brazilian, her parents Italian and Japanese, completely exotic. She was incredibly artistic, very wise in social situations of the world, and a lot of fun in general. I instantly fell for her, hard. She inspired me, she was my muse, everything I created was her. I knew her for a couple months and then finally came up with the balls to ask her out for Valentines. And of course... she was basically engaged. I didn't stop hanging out with her after that, in fact we ended up getting very very close, so close most thought we were a very serious couple. We basically did everything that a relationship has... besides the physicalities. She mostly expressed great displeasure with her relationship, and wanted to leave it, but essentially couldn't for various weak reasons. It was tough, frustrating, and painful.

As time went on the boyfriend got more abusive towards her and we had to be sneakier about hanging out. Eventually she got physically abused, and instead of doing something pro-active, instead my guilt meter went into overdrive and it was my fault she was being hurt. I loved her. The only person, ever, that I have loved truly and fully. The idea that her knowing me, was hurting her, killed me. I broke down, and couldn't look at myself in the mirror any more, I destroyed all photos of me, and I moved out to the east coast (this was all in San Diego), 5 years ago.

Yeah.

that's intense sweetie... wow.

Feb 20 08 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Well this is traveling far. lol

Feb 20 08 11:10 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

Jason, what brought you to this point?

By which I mean, why are you so alternately excited about making art, and then completely disillusioned with your ability to do so?

I don't understand it, because I know you're a damn good photographer, and when you're not pretending to be more perverted than you really are, you're a total doll.

Feb 20 08 11:10 pm Link

Model

Tattooed Beauty Queen

-ASYLUM- wrote:
Well this is traveling far. lol

what was your worst sexual experience?

Feb 20 08 11:11 pm Link

Model

HellBelle

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I never have questions for people... I'd rather they tell me what they want, when they want, if they want.

Just seems to work better that way. *shrugs*

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

Why do you feel the need to isolate yourself from everybody else?

Photographer

The Silencing Machine

Tattooed Beauty Queen wrote:

I can tell you what it wasn't.

Model

Tattooed Beauty Queen

I can tell you what it wasn't.

hahaha nice

Feb 20 08 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

EL Perdido

TERLINGUA, Texas, US

It wasnt pie

Feb 20 08 11:17 pm Link

Model

Tattooed Beauty Queen

EL Perdido wrote:
It wasnt pie

PIE!! I like blackberry pie!

Feb 20 08 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Belmont, North Carolina, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Wow.

That's a good one.

Yeah.

sound like something i would've done.  and we both know it was the wrong thing to do.  you should have kicked that dirtbag's fucking ass and rode off into the suset with the object of your affection.

that's not a dump, brother, that's just coming from someone that's just like you.......

sorry.  i hangs doesn't it?

Feb 20 08 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Miss Anna Evans wrote:
Jason, what brought you to this point?

By which I mean, why are you so alternately excited about making art, and then completely disillusioned with your ability to do so?

I don't understand it, because I know you're a damn good photographer, and when you're not pretending to be more perverted than you really are, you're a total doll.

I'm not really sure what has triggered it.

It's partially been a trend, and it's partially other things in life right now.

The trend:

I started with illustration, as a kid up to my teens I was always drawing... for my age I was well on my way to doing something along the lines of being a comic book illustrator.  I was constantly improving, and getting better... and then..  it just stopped. I don't know, I just lost my drive for it. I still appreciate illustrations, I still wish I could draw... but I lost desire for it, and I'm not sure if its there anymore. I have a feeling its the fear that I get to a point where it's really tough to break through a level of improvement, and I'm afraid that I won't be able to break through it. So I stop instead of failing.

In high school I picked up both Photography and Computer Graphics. I got really good at graphic design, more in the page layout and photography manipulation aspects. I wasn't necessarily a good photographer, more I just used pictures as a starting point to do create something else. For the technology I had, and the level I was at, I was getting good again, and was on my way to probably being a successful graphic designer. I was chosen by my department to be the tutor, and to also work for the school as the only hired student graphic designer. I also won the art department's student of the year. I tutored students who were in university (I was going through my AS because thats all I could afford, looking to transfer), and teaching the teachers things. I got to a point where again, there was a level and a wall, that I would have had to get through to really get to that success point. Also, on top of that, I was incredibly jaded by the workplace surrounding Graphic Design. Essentially the real world was much different than the class room. In the real world I couldn't design what I wanted, I had to make what someone else wanted, and I often disagreed with that. So again... fear. And added this time, not being happy with the way it worked in the real world.

Photography I started picking up in a more serious sense after I dropped graphic design. It started as doing random crap photography. Shooting whatever fits my fancy, lots of landscapes, macros, architecture, etc. Just appreciating the world around me and the beauty that it brings. I had a passing interest in model photography, but whenever I wanted to, I happened to be dating someone who was essentially against it, and I couldn't. Jan 2007, I dated someone who really broke my trust at a time in my life where I was very weak. So I essentially swore off dating etc for 2007 so that I could concentrate on photography. I ran into my good friend Kira on here sometime in early 2007, and we started talking, and I shot her about literally a year ago. The pictures weren't that good, but it was my start. So I slowly started getting into shooting models, I used Infrared for my first few shoots and essentially only did BW up until about August of last year. Started using studio lights in September of last year, and didnt shoot in a studio environment until about October or November. I've been improving exponentially, this time at a much faster rate than with any other art form I have taken on, but very much the same. Pick it up, learn it, and improve wildly. And again, I'm at a point where I'm afraid I don't have much more improvement left in me (not that I'm the best, but more I don't know if I've hit my personal limit or not). That combined with the fact that I've again had some dramas, and I really overbooked and over stressed myself, caused a mental breakdown a couple weeks ago that caused me to cancel all my shoots. I very much, at the least, need a break.

When it comes down to it, the big thing is fear. I'm afraid of failing. I'm afraid to take the next step with my work, to actually do something of value with it. I'm afraid that I'm not going to make it. So, thats why I have this feeling that I need to move on to something else.

(I'm also creatively exhausted currently, but thats just because of the stress and work load I was under).

Phwew

Feb 20 08 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Why do you feel the need to isolate yourself from everybody else?

Most close relationships I've had with people have been incredibly painful. I've been close to very few people in my life. My mother, she died at the age of 9. A really good friend/Best friend, died at the age of 11. My dad, essentially abused me. The first girl I fell for, told me she only liked me because she felt sorry for me. The first girl I REALLY fell for, disappeared off the face of the planet. The first girl I loved, well thats earlier up. So now... I push away.

Feb 20 08 11:29 pm Link

Model

Lady - JADE

Dallas, Texas, US

Favorite movie / why?

Feb 20 08 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Tattooed Beauty Queen wrote:

Hmmm easy answer would be, losing my virginity.

Back story. I stayed a virgin until I was 22. By choice. I didn't feel that I was ready for sex, and the often times more complicated relationship it brings along with it.

I had a couple girls I dated that essentially begged for it, I said I wasnt ready, that didnt work out. Then I met a girl who I was REALLY into, and she said she couldnt date me because she didnt want to be responsible for my virginity.

So it was my worst, first off, because I lost my virginity for the wrong reason. Frustration. I lost it because I thought that losing it would mean more girls would like me. But whatever. So I had a date with a random chick, not that great looking, had horrible short sex with her, and that was that.

But wait, no it wasn't. This chick was crazy. She cried afterwards, then got angry, then got happy, then got sad. An emotional basket case. And generally not nice either.  I took her home that night, and then she called for a while afterwards and all that, and it was a general mess. Essentially she faded out (thank god), and it was over. Although, a year and a half afterwards, her cousin somehow got a hold of my phone number and called me. "What? She wasnt good enough for you? I'm going to kill you and feed you to my family!"

yikes

Luckily it didn't happen lol

A couple weeks later, after the V loss, I had my first date with what is probably my only true relationship to date heh. (which I fucked up)

Feb 20 08 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Lady - JADE wrote:
Favorite movie / why?

Kneejerk reaction is The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The more thoughtful reaction is... multiple.

TNBC - It's a story I feel like I can relate to. A curiosity for something new, boredom of everyday life, seeking out that something new, and failing at it, sally's beautiful character... and just the overall quirkiness and style of Tim Burton.

others

Moulin Rouge - I'm a sucker for painful love stories and great music.

Amelie - An incredible breath of fresh air. Inspirational to look at the world for how wonderful it is, and to see details and stories in things so incredibly normally mundane.

Anchorman - Cause its fucking hilarious. big_smile

Feb 20 08 11:40 pm Link

Model

Kristen LT

New York, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

Kneejerk reaction is The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The more thoughtful reaction is... multiple.

TNBC - It's a story I feel like I can relate to. A curiosity for something new, boredom of everyday life, seeking out that something new, and failing at it, sally's beautiful character... and just the overall quirkiness and style of Tim Burton.

others

Moulin Rouge - I'm a sucker for painful love stories and great music.

Amelie - An incredible breath of fresh air. Inspirational to look at the world for how wonderful it is, and to see details and stories in things so incredibly normally mundane.

Anchorman - Cause its fucking hilarious. big_smile

yikes You just named three of my top five favorite movies. yikes

Feb 20 08 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:
Wow.

That's a good one.

Yeah.

hmm

wow. thanks so much for sharing though, really.

wow.

*hug*

Feb 20 08 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Miss Kristen Lee wrote:

yikes You just named three of my top five favorite movies. yikes

If one of them is Anchorman, I will drop everything right now and marry you outright.

Feb 20 08 11:43 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

I'm not really sure what has triggered it.

It's partially been a trend, and it's partially other things in life right now.

The trend:

I started with illustration, as a kid up to my teens I was always drawing... for my age I was well on my way to doing something along the lines of being a comic book illustrator.  I was constantly improving, and getting better... and then..  it just stopped. I don't know, I just lost my drive for it. I still appreciate illustrations, I still wish I could draw... but I lost desire for it, and I'm not sure if its there anymore. I have a feeling its the fear that I get to a point where it's really tough to break through a level of improvement, and I'm afraid that I won't be able to break through it. So I stop instead of failing.

In high school I picked up both Photography and Computer Graphics. I got really good at graphic design, more in the page layout and photography manipulation aspects. I wasn't necessarily a good photographer, more I just used pictures as a starting point to do create something else. For the technology I had, and the level I was at, I was getting good again, and was on my way to probably being a successful graphic designer. I was chosen by my department to be the tutor, and to also work for the school as the only hired student graphic designer. I also won the art department's student of the year. I tutored students who were in university (I was going through my AS because thats all I could afford, looking to transfer), and teaching the teachers things. I got to a point where again, there was a level and a wall, that I would have had to get through to really get to that success point. Also, on top of that, I was incredibly jaded by the workplace surrounding Graphic Design. Essentially the real world was much different than the class room. In the real world I couldn't design what I wanted, I had to make what someone else wanted, and I often disagreed with that. So again... fear. And added this time, not being happy with the way it worked in the real world.

Photography I started picking up in a more serious sense after I dropped graphic design. It started as doing random crap photography. Shooting whatever fits my fancy, lots of landscapes, macros, architecture, etc. Just appreciating the world around me and the beauty that it brings. I had a passing interest in model photography, but whenever I wanted to, I happened to be dating someone who was essentially against it, and I couldn't. Jan 2007, I dated someone who really broke my trust at a time in my life where I was very weak. So I essentially swore off dating etc for 2007 so that I could concentrate on photography. I ran into my good friend Kira on here sometime in early 2007, and we started talking, and I shot her about literally a year ago. The pictures weren't that good, but it was my start. So I slowly started getting into shooting models, I used Infrared for my first few shoots and essentially only did BW up until about August of last year. Started using studio lights in September of last year, and didnt shoot in a studio environment until about October or November. I've been improving exponentially, this time at a much faster rate than with any other art form I have taken on, but very much the same. Pick it up, learn it, and improve wildly. And again, I'm at a point where I'm afraid I don't have much more improvement left in me (not that I'm the best, but more I don't know if I've hit my personal limit or not). That combined with the fact that I've again had some dramas, and I really overbooked and over stressed myself, caused a mental breakdown a couple weeks ago that caused me to cancel all my shoots. I very much, at the least, need a break.

When it comes down to it, the big thing is fear. I'm afraid of failing. I'm afraid to take the next step with my work, to actually do something of value with it. I'm afraid that I'm not going to make it. So, thats why I have this feeling that I need to move on to something else.

(I'm also creatively exhausted currently, but thats just because of the stress and work load I was under).

Phwew

Well, shit son.

Quit being afraid of failure. The only way to succeed at anything is to keep doing it. You know I think you are very good; so if you're creatively exhausted, shoot better models. You want to make art, so fucking make it. Don't shoot things that don't inspire you.

I want you to succeed. For whatever the fuck that's worth.

Feb 20 08 11:44 pm Link

Model

Kristen LT

New York, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

If one of them is Anchorman, I will drop everything right now and marry you outright.

Ah well, sorry noes. But I sure do LOOOOOOOVE Anchorman!!! Will Ferrell is my favorite comedian of all time.

"It smells like Bigfoot's dick!" lol

Feb 20 08 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Miss Anna Evans wrote:

Well, shit son.

Quit being afraid of failure. The only way to succeed at anything is to keep doing it. You know I think you are very good; so if you're creatively exhausted, shoot better models. You want to make art, so fucking make it. Don't shoot things that don't inspire you.

I want you to succeed. For whatever the fuck that's worth.

If it were so simple, it wouldn't be a problem, would it? smile

I'm not done. But at the least I need a break, and we'll see where I stand when I figure some things out.

Photographer

Jason Haven

Miss Kristen Lee wrote:

Ah well, sorry noes. But I sure do LOOOOOOOVE Anchorman!!! Will Ferrell is my favorite comedian of all time.

"It smells like Bigfoot's dick!" lol

Damn sad

Photographer

Jason Haven

So can we get some happier questions in here? wink

Feb 20 08 11:47 pm Link

Model

Kristen LT

New York, New York, US

Ok, who would you be in The Moulin Rouge?

Feb 20 08 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Miss Kristen Lee wrote:
Ok, who would you be in The Moulin Rouge?

Ewan McGregor obviously. Falls for the wonderful girl, has the secret relationship with her, and then she is forever lost to him.

That or the midget. big_smile

Feb 20 08 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

happy question:

what was the happiest moment of your life to date?

Feb 20 08 11:51 pm Link

Model

Kristen LT

New York, New York, US

Have you ever been to Vegas? You'd love all the Cirque de Soleil shows!!

And isn't the soundtrack to Amelie and TNBC the bestest ones EVAR!!!!!!

Feb 20 08 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Photos By Becks wrote:
happy question:

what was the happiest moment of your life to date?

A drive along the beach, with the previously mentioned Sandra, listening to Bossa Nova... in particular, "The Girl From Ipanema"... the first time I heard the song, and she sang part of it. The sun was setting and were driving along a fairly curvy road. When the sun hit the horizon, we just stopped the car and watched.

smile

Feb 20 08 11:53 pm Link

Model

Miss Anna Evans

Astoria, New York, US

-ASYLUM- wrote:

If it were so simple, it wouldn't be a problem, would it? smile

I'm not done. But at the least I need a break, and we'll see where I stand when I figure some things out.

You're not simple, not at all. But you're unravelable, which is a start.

Feb 20 08 11:54 pm Link