Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Please fill with ridiculous info and statements

Photographer

Jeffrey Engel

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

I am now gone during the day, working on a contract assignment for the next couple of months.

When I return this evening, I want to see this thread populated with highlights of the day and whatever information or statements you'd like to get to me.

I especially want to hear from Sinzi. Haven't heard from her in a while.

And everyone else. You know who you are.

Feb 21 08 07:12 am Link

Photographer

ghp

ARIVACA, Arizona, US

Jeffrey Engel wrote:
I am now gone during the day, working on a contract assignment for the next couple of months.

When I return this evening, I want to see this thread populated with highlights of the day and whatever information or statements you'd like to get to me.

I especially want to hear from Sinzi. Haven't heard from her in a while.

And everyone else. You know who you are.

HEY YOU! You wanna hear from lil ole me?!
*hugs*

I've missed you, but know you have to be busy for you not to be around here like you were.  Things are picking up around work for me too, and before you know it, I will be in the throws of tax season and will barely be posting at all! 

Things are going alright for me, minus what seems to be a kidney infection starting.  neutral

I wrote a piece of poetry yesterday for the first time in years!  Wanna see it?  I also created a semi-public blog since Sofija made one and added me to hers smile  Wanna be added to it? 

I'm going to Austin in a couple of months to finally meet/maybe shoot with WGR, Sofija, and Click Hamilton, depending on whether or not he makes it.  I am also heading back to California in June!  Getting to work with Click, Sita Mae, and Ravens Laughter (again).  Those are the confirmed photographers, a couple of others TBD depending on time, travel schedule, etc. 

Let's see.  Last night I took a picture of the eclipse right before the clouds took over.  Not the best shot considering I only have an 18-55 lens, but it's the first eclipse I've ever seen, so it was neato to get a picture.

How are youuuu?  How's work?  The contract assignment?  Life?

Feb 21 08 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Hey Jeff,

I was wondering where you'd been hiding.  Hope all is well and that business is booming.

I was unable to work for 16 days due to being a dumbass and not getting to the doc soon enough (no pokes in the ribs, thank you Ginger tongue ).  Now I'm playing catch up on the 2 commercial accounts that suffered from my being ill and unable to work effectively.  Thank goodness these people are understanding and in no huge rush.

One of these companies is a cosmetics company.  I'd spent 2 days and nights shooting the product bottles.  They loved the shots.  This morning, I find that I had to meet with the graphic designer to pick up the packaging for the bottles.  Turns out that they want the boxes in the shots as well.  Now I have to re-shoot the whole mess.  I'm still biting my tongue.  Can you say backcharge?  argggghhhhhh...

Did you get to see/shoot the lunar eclipse?  I sat up a tripod on the cak porch and brought out a cooler full of beer that was pretty much empty when the eclipse was total.  Surprisingly enough, I got some good shit.

Anywho, I hope all is fab and that we get to hear from you soon.

Steve

Feb 21 08 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Engel

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

Only two responses! But Ginger was the first!

I spent yesterday working on my contract assignment which is for a big healthcare provider. It's not photography, unfortunately. It's for the skill people now pay me big bucks for, and that is website UI design and usability.

I'm shooting a fashion runway event next Friday for the Children's Trust Fund. Model Mayhem member, AileenB, is helping organize and she asked me to shoot. She's really an amazing individual. It seems when she's not modeling or helping organize events, she's helping children and homeless people. I'm not exaggerating!

I also had a meeting last night with photographers, designers, stylists, and many others to try and organize a huge fashion expo with several fashion shows. We want to do something different and innovative in the Boston area for Fashion Week.

Well I see Sofija makes plans to shoot with people in Austin but she keeps putting off us doing a shoot right here! haha... and I got all this Polaroid with her name on it! Sooooofiiiijjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Ginger, add me to your blog. Sorry about the kidney infection.

Nope, didn't shoot the eclipse. I guess I'm not that into it. When I was a kid I was a huge astronomy buff. But I've never had the compulsion to capture astronomical events on my camera. Not sure why, just hasn't been a connection for me. But then I don't really shoot landscapes anymore... I think maybe I only like taking pictures of people now. hehe. Hmm... maybe THAT would have been a shot... someone during an eclipse. ooooh... now I have to wait til 2010. Doh!

Deacon man I hope you get better. I need to take better care of myself as well. I've had this nagging upper respiratory sinus type thing for a while and it makes me cough a lot. Doctors can never solve it. I get it like once or twice a year and it drives me nuts because I think it drives others nuts. Everything is fine, I can breathe through my nose, I don't feel "sick", but then I get that naggy tickly thing in my throat... and then I feel my sinus swell a bit and my nose plugs up... and I have to cough several times over the next two minutes or so, almost gagging.

Oh and I actually forgot to mention I'm showing my artwork (photography) in a gallery right now. I have six large pieces covering the subject of dreams and memories and how they sometimes intermingle to create fantasies. You can see some of them here: http://www.photoemerge.com . We had about 300 people show up to the opening reception, it was amazing. I think we went through 20 bottles of wine. The show will be down February 29th, but I'll be in the gallery hanging out Sunday and I've invited friends and stuff to hang out and help me drink the rest of the wine! haha

Feb 22 08 07:09 am Link