Forums > Photography Talk > Interfit Flat Panel Electronic Flash?

Photographer

argophoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Has anyone else out there tried these with models?
http://www.shutterbug.net/test_reports/0304sb_interfit/
I'm curious about these as an alternative to using traditional strobes with softboxes due to my very limited shooting space.  The article makes them sound pretty good for my needs but I'd like some real-world anecdotes if they're out there.  I'm looking to save up for a flash set-up and wondering which route to go. 
I'm currently using tungsten Totas for continuous lighting but the heat generated is a shooting disinsentive during the warm months (though useful for heating during the winter).
Thanks
Paul-Argophoto

Jun 09 05 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

I played with one at a camera store. I didn't have my camera with me but I was able to use the store's test 10D.

I found the results to be too cold and contrasty.

Jun 09 05 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

I have a pair of the DigitLites, among other things.  They get the job done.  Yes the images turn out a bit cold, but that could be fixed with custom white balance.  Also, you don't want to mix lighting with these.

Jun 10 05 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Ed Nazarko

Lebanon, New Jersey, US

Got the small scale ones, use them for macro work.  Wonderfully smooth light.  Beats devil out of diffused single flash, and in my opinion, better than ring light.  But that's at distances of 1 inch. 

I find them to be very WB consistent at 5500k.  My biggest issue is that I've been using two of them, and the slave capability is completely random. Sometimes the slave pops just because it's a nice day.  Hate it.  It kept me from buying the digiflash for studio, the last thing I need is one more random variable.

Jun 10 05 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

San Diego, California, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
I have a pair of the DigitLites, among other things.  They get the job done.  Yes the images turn out a bit cold, but that could be fixed with custom white balance.  Also, you don't want to mix lighting with these.

The Master has spoken!

Jun 10 05 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

argophoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks everyone.  I think I'll suffer through another summer with the Totas and continue to look into my flash options.
Paul-Argophoto

Jun 12 05 12:50 am Link

Model

FETISH JADE

Encino, California, US

Thanks all.

jade

Jul 06 05 11:18 pm Link