Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Lip Stick - what do you use?

Makeup Artist

Crazier Benny

Rochester, New York, US

I have over 60 shades of Laura Mercier and 30 colors of Il-Makiage and then a few odds and ends stuff that I just find.

Jan 26 06 10:48 am Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

It depends on what I'm using it for and the effect I need. For print I use MAC, Estee Lauder, 99-cent store, Maybelline, Blasco's or Ben Nye's creme colors and cheek rouge, and even blues/greens/purples etc.. in eye pencil with clear gloss and sparkle pigments dabbed on top. Weddings I usually a natural pencil to shape the lips and use a 12 hour (to stain the bride's lips a close hue to the pencil) then the gloss and give it to the Bride. I've even used airbrush makeup with a touch of gloss.

Jan 26 06 12:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

I have amassed a huge collection of lip sticks that I love smile they are all from every where smile I always melt them down into my lip stick stackers (containers made to stack beads ) as I have had a problem with models/people stealing the tubes havent had a "stacker " stolen yet.
I usually blend a lip linner with a vitimen E , on my hand < so it heats up and then paint away , i find this "trick " works well and last for a very long time , best for bridal and natural look.

Jan 28 06 12:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Eugene Conde

Los Angeles, California, US

If i want matte i love to use pencils alone.or over with Jordana. I also mixed mineral podwer with glass from mac.

Jan 28 06 02:34 am Link