Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Mine is FairItalianLady #21894, she is fast and her rates are 1/2 of most MUA's

Jan 26 06 09:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

so you are asking stylists or photographers?  you put this in the stylist section so I assume you are asking stylists?  hmmmmm, I'm confused.  We don't pay other artists and stylists so getting excited about someone that works for 1/2 price would be like you getting excited about a photographer that works for 1/2 price. Perhaps this would be  a  thread better for the general forum?

Jan 26 06 09:52 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Yes,  this one of those confusing threads where it could go many places.

But to the topic.

My favorites were the team of Yasue and Sario.  Makeup and hair.  Both of them did both Makeup and hair.  They were great and friendly.  Knew not to do too much and always wanted to create not just do what was needed.   They were bored with the same old shit as much as I am.

Sario has her own salon and does not do it much anymore and Yasue moved back to Japan.

I have not worked with many or really any people here on MM.  I helped out Linda D just for fun.
She was very organized and very professional.   I think she is going somewhere.

My ex girlfriend was a great stylist.  She does other things in the business now but she has helped me out from time to time.  She was my rep for a while.

Knows her stuff.

I should know more but a great one that I can recall off the top of my head is Niko.

Jan 26 06 11:25 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Well, I once worked with a MUA for a paid job and she was very good, she did some hair work too... MM#1357

And then I worked with an AMAZING hair artist- #21394

However, I think I may be the exception to the rule in here on this forum.

Jan 26 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

If you are in or near the Bay area and need a really good MUA with reasonable rates, I strongly recommend Leanne Corbett(#25956).  I have only worked with a couple of MUA(the others were actually the models mothers)but she really knows what she`s doing and is fun to have around.She is also quite a beauty and I think very worthy of being in front of the lens herself. I look forward to working with her again.

Jan 26 06 11:56 pm Link

Model

Shannon Folliott

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

easy..Alex LaMarsh #8861

Had the pleasure to work with her when I was in LA and she is by far one of the most talented stylists out there. To top it all off..she is also one of the coolest people I have ever had the honour of meeting.

Love her!!

Jan 27 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Mary wrote:
so you are asking stylists or photographers?  you put this in the stylist section so I assume you are asking stylists?  hmmmmm, I'm confused.  We don't pay other artists and stylists so getting excited about someone that works for 1/2 price would be like you getting excited about a photographer that works for 1/2 price. Perhaps this would be  a  thread better for the general forum?

Just trying to start something positive Mary, something nice?
Anyway I put it in this forum because when I read the descriptions under the forum this is what I got on the Forum page

Stylist Chat:
For makeup, hair, or wardrobe specific discussion.

Star

Jan 27 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

have i missed something really big over the past few years, or is it not correct to call a make-up artist a 'stylist'?  to me, a 'stylist' pulls clothing.  why are we lumping everyone together?

Jan 27 06 01:49 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Christopher Bush wrote:
have i missed something really big over the past few years, or is it not correct to call a make-up artist a 'stylist'?  to me, a 'stylist' pulls clothing.  why are we lumping everyone together?

because the person that put this site together doesnt know the difference?  isnt in the industry?  just making stabs at why someone would lump makeup with stylists.

Jan 27 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Mary wrote:

isnt in the industry?

not in my experience, which is admittedly limited.

Jan 27 06 02:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Alex LaMarsh

Richmond, Virginia, US

Mary wrote:
because the person that put this site together doesnt know the difference?  isnt in the industry?  just making stabs at why someone would lump makeup with stylists.

I guess we fall into the "other" category. We aren't models or photographers so we are in the oddball section called "stylist". LOL

Jan 27 06 02:37 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

The topic of the naming has been discussed before.   Use the search function or start a new thread.   Let try to keep this thread on topic, please.

Thankyou

Mhana moderator.

I agree that makeup artists should be labeled as such but I think they are not to help with speed of the site.

Jan 27 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

MHana wrote:
Let try to keep this thread on topic, please.

fair enough.  my favorite stylist this week is myself.  my regular stylist wasn't available so i hit up a boutique and pulled the clothes myself.  wasn't nearly as gruelling as i expected.  thank you norma kamali...

Jan 27 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Erin Skipley.  My favorite muse, stylist, makeup artist, person, girl in Seattle.

Her makeup website
Her clothing line - Yoshimi Designs < -- this is particularly for Mark...

Plus she is one of the sweetest and most kind-hearted person I know.  On top of that...she is making me a custom jacket, how can I not love her?!

Jan 27 06 04:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rachel J

Everett, Washington, US

All of the things said above are the truth! Erin is unbelievably swell in all categories!

Jan 28 06 01:59 am Link