Forums > Photography Talk > Chemical Printing

Photographer

Bryan Crump

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

I recently found a few professional photographers that shoot digital and film but do not use lazer or ink to develop, they actually have a way of chemically developing the images. Anyone reccomend places to have this done online or in certain states? What are the pros and cons to printing this way? He said that you can print much better quality and from what i have seen it looks like it, but i also think it depends on the resolution of the pictures.

Apr 14 05 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Not sure what you mean, Bryan. Of course, film has been chemically developed since...well, since film.

But what's this digital chemical developing, and is there something different for film?

Do you have any links or anything (in case it isn't that simple to explain)?

Apr 14 05 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Crump

Unfortunately Matt, I don't know much more about it, thats why i was hoping to learn more, it's printing digital images chemically, i know that much and the images are beautiful. Not quite like walmart and all that, they are much better and cleaner, more crisp, etc. I am hoping someone on here knows more.

Posted by Matthew Grogan: 
Not sure what you mean, Bryan. Of course, film has been chemically developed since...well, since film.

But what's this digital chemical developing, and is there something different for film?

Do you have any links or anything (in case it isn't that simple to explain)?

Apr 14 05 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Panic

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

umm... i think its possibly a misunderstanding of wording here... there are two major printer manufacters in the photo industry, fuji and noritsu... both make lazer style printers that produce r4 silver haylide "tradional" style photographs - i.e. - a true photographic process... they just have the ability to accept a jpg file

Apr 15 05 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Kevin P.

Houston, Texas, US

Bryan, I think you are talking about Platinum Palladium digital negatives.  You can find out more info by getting this guys book...

Link

Apr 15 05 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Crump

Yeah the photographer i talked to was not too informative about it. But the photos looked wonderful, i just want the process that will best flatter the colour intensity.
-B

Posted by Kevin Palmer: 
Bryan, I think you are talking about Platinum Palladium digital negatives.  You can find out more info by getting this guys book...

Link

Posted by Mike Panic: 
umm... i think its possibly a misunderstanding of wording here... there are two major printer manufacters in the photo industry, fuji and noritsu... both make lazer style printers that produce r4 silver haylide "tradional" style photographs - i.e. - a true photographic process... they just have the ability to accept a jpg file

Apr 15 05 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Kevin P.

Houston, Texas, US

It's a beautiful result. I want to do some myself eventually.

Apr 15 05 12:37 am Link